Junior's Cheescake

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
  • Reward points : 0
Junior's Cheescake - Thu, 12/14/06 4:18 AM
I just had the cheesecake at Junior's (in Grand Central Station) for the first time last night and it was the best I have ever tasted!! Very creamy and not too sweet. The base was not graham cracker, but rather a spongy cake base that worked well by not weighing it down. Why did I wait so long for this?

NYNM
  • Total Posts : 3037
RE: Junior's Cheescake - Sat, 12/16/06 11:26 PM
OMG Junior's is such a NY tradition. You should go to the original store in Downtown Brooklyn (5 min. from Manhattan by subway - first stop at DeKalb Ave or Nevins St.)It also has a great menu of traditional "Jewish" foods: pastrami, pickles, etc.

http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/

Website has great photos of the cheesecake!

shortchef
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: Junior's Cheescake - Mon, 12/18/06 4:48 PM
I have their cookbook, "Welcome to Junior's." I tried the cheesecake recipe and it was as good as we've ever had. Lots more good recipes in there, too, all comfort food.

Diner-Lover
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: Junior's Cheescake - Mon, 12/18/06 6:49 PM
A few Christmases ago, a friend who often travels on business to the Brooklyn area got us a Junior's cheesecake with strawberry topping. I'm not the biggest cheesecake fan, but boy was it delicious! We gave half to my parents for them to share the wealth and they loved it, too. As billboy said, not too sweet, but a great, dense, satisfying cheesecake.