2006/12/15 08:07:44
The main cast

I’ve done this from scratch and with canned beans, I cannot tell the difference

The supporting players

Thoroughly rinsed

Veges ready

All together now

Bring to a simmer then cover

Nice yellow color from the ham hocks. I’ll let it sit in the refrigerator for a day or two.

Be back with rest of pics when served

John
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Bean Soup 2006/12/15 14:34:04
John

Once again you pictures are a masterpiece, and the soup doesn't look that bad either.

I was eating a candy cane hershey's kiss while the pix downloaded and almost choked when the collander of beans loaded. YOU STOLE MY COLLANDER!!!

I have had that same collander for many many years, it is my favorite.
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bean Soup 2006/12/15 15:39:03
I really think the secret to the best bean soup is the ham hock. Or, as we've found, a ham bone from a spiral cut HoneyBaked ham, with plenty of meat still on it, makes it really special.

John, you really use all those ham hocks? Mmmmmm....
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Bean Soup 2006/12/15 16:47:37
quote:
Originally posted by cajunking

John

Once again you pictures are a masterpiece, and the soup doesn't look that bad either.

I was eating a candy cane hershey's kiss while the pix downloaded and almost choked when the collander of beans loaded. YOU STOLE MY COLLANDER!!!

I have had that same collander for many many years, it is my favorite.

LOL, we have had ours for at least 25 years; it's indestructible.

John
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Bean Soup 2006/12/15 16:49:25
quote:
Originally posted by Pwingsx

I really think the secret to the best bean soup is the ham hock. Or, as we've found, a ham bone from a spiral cut HoneyBaked ham, with plenty of meat still on it, makes it really special.

John, you really use all those ham hocks? Mmmmmm....

Yep, all four. I think we are having one of those hams for Christmas at the kids house. I'll see if I can sneak the hambone out with me.

John