Polish sausage

Cheeseburger
2007/01/07 16:15:26
We all know that the Polish sausage is the best, but why? Do you like the smoked or fresh best? How do you serve yours? Where do you buy them, and who makes them?

I think German sausage is good, but Polish is great, what do you think?

Who elese makes good sausage?
GB944
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/07 17:33:31
Polish sausage is not as good as the smoked sausage made by the Germans near Fredericksburg, Texas.
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 10:23:22
GB944,

That is your choice. Do you have a company name, and web-site for them?

Mike
Texianjoe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 12:22:28
quote:
Originally posted by Polish guy

GB944,

That is your choice. Do you have a company name, and web-site for them?

Mike

I know some will disagree but around this part, the sausage triangle which is basically from Houston to Victoria to San Antonio to Dallas and back to Houston, its hard to tell the difference. All the sausage has a German, Czech, Polish and even a little Mexican influence. There are endless varieties of sausage but when we usually refere to it by where it comes from. We know good sausage can be had at Kruzes Meat Market in Columus, Shulenburg Meat Market, Slovaciks in Snook, Meyers or Southside in Elgin, Chappell Hill etc..

When you walk in it's not so much German or Polish or Czech as Beef, Pork and Beef, Venison, Jalapeno, Garlic and such. It mostly looks like Polish Kielbasa but we still have places that sell Knockwurst, Bratwurst, Chorizo ect. Most places are not branded or have web sites except the larger sausage factories.

I know I'm not being very clear I just know where to go to get sausage. I'm 6'2" 300lbs, I never meet a sausage I didn't like.

PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 12:38:18
I'm with you Joe! I love any sausage that is well made. Ruth's Tamalies in Dallas makes a great spicy garlic sausage. They sell it at the state fair every year. I don't think they ship though.
Joe
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 19:23:30
To all,

The only one is Polish sausage, not German or others. The others are just a copy.

Mike
Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 19:38:55
I will take the fresh Polish over the smoked variety whenever I can find it.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 19:49:51
quote:

To all,

The only one is Polish sausage, not German or others. The others are just a copy.

Mike

Nothing personal, and I do enjoy Polish sausage, but it's just plain silly to suggest that other sausages are just copies.
IansMom
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/08 20:16:43
::shakes head::Nothing against the Polish.. but even the chinese have good sausage, and Filipino sausage is good... heck I would rather have a spicy Italian with onions on a roll then a polish... me thinks Polish guy has a wee bit of a self esteem problem,,,,
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/09 18:10:15

For each their own. That is why ther are so many. I like Polish. And no I don't have a self esteem problem, I know I am good.

Mike
planojim
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/10 10:16:01
My favorite, and the favorite of every single person I've served it to, is Bobak's Maxwell Street Polish Sausage.

serve it grilled. No mustard, no onion, no nuthin' needed.
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/10 16:34:31
planojim,

Bobak's, one of Chicago best. But there are many as good, and some better.

Mike
Which Bobak's do you go to?
BakersBoy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/10 17:37:16
PG,

Which do you like the best?

Do you like Kiszka, Surowa Biala, Starowiejska, Kielbasa Mysliwska, Kabanos, Krakowska, Szyszkowa. My favorite is the Mysliwska or the Jalowcowa. You can find them all at www.Polana.com. They are in Chicago.

BTW my friends Cyzyk and Szjewbka, say hello.

BB
ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/10 23:05:31
BB,
Put me down for the Kiszka (sp?) and the Kabanos, the latter with either some good Russian rye or a nice French baguette. What's the blood sausage called, or is that just a variety of Kiszka?
The Bear
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/11 08:08:59
To all,

All are good, just what you are in the mood for. Sometimes one, and another day, another one. Chicago has many small Polish place that make there own, very good sausages. I try and use several and still looking for the best.

Mike
dirtdog58
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/13 13:35:24
for what it's worth, my kid's love blue seal kielbasa. made in Chicopee,Massachusetts. they do have a website www.blueseal.com . not unlike Chicago,we in new england have many ethnic market's. basically what I'm saying is....... if you are as fortuneate as we are in having local purveyor's, support them. god help us if it all come's down to hillshire farm's......lol
porkbeaks
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/13 13:42:11
quote:
Originally posted by dirtdog58

for what it's worth, my kid's love blue seal kielbasa. made in Chicopee,Massachusetts. they do have a website www.blueseal.com . not unlike Chicago,we in new england have many ethnic market's. basically what I'm saying is....... if you are as fortuneate as we are in having local purveyor's, support them. god help us if it all come's down to hillshire farm's......lol

That link takes you to a business that sells pet food and animal feed.I think this is the one you want." />--pb

http://www.bluesealkielbasa.com/our_story.html
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/13 17:56:56
porkbeaks

Thank you for the correction, I don't need pet food.

Mike
dirtdog58
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/13 18:52:26
my mistake........so very sorry
johnnymolson
Hamburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/14 03:22:40
I like just about ANY variety of polish sausage I've found made by the delis on Roncesvales Ave. in Toronto. I'd give polish sausage in general the edge over any of the german or italian varieties I've sampled to date (though csabi is right up there amongst my faves, and it is Hungarian).
Bone Man
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/14 12:47:19
Well, you might try this!

http://www.recipezaar.com/174747

A lot of folks have grabbed this recipe from me. I only wish that I have invented it.

Pat, the old bone man.
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/14 13:57:18
Bone Man,

Sounds great and not hard to make. Will give it a try. Thank you for your input.

Mike
Bone Man
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/14 16:56:13
Yer welcome -- actually, you'll like it a lot.
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/16 11:41:33
To all,

We use Polish sausage in a stew, with many other things, and it is great. Have you ever done anything like this?, if yes, share with us all.

Mike
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/18 11:24:26
To all,

Polish sausage have so many types and names, I don't know half of them, but I love most. Can someone tell me more on the names, and what they are? Most are long Polish names, are they just the makers name, or something more, like were they come from? I don't know.

Mike
porkbeaks
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/18 11:53:28
quote:

To all,

Polish sausage have so many types and names, I don't know half of them, but I love most. Can someone tell me more on the names, and what they are? Most are long Polish names, are they just the makers name, or something more, like were they come from? I don't know.

Mike

Here you go, Polish guy, knock yourself out. -pb

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/recipes/recipes.htm
Bone Man
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/18 12:13:34
And here's s'more great ones, guy:

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q=polish+sausage

Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/19 11:26:08

Thank you all,

Mike
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/25 11:23:44
To all,

Does anyone know what Kielbasa z rusztu z cebulka is? Sorry I don't read or write Polish.

It is Homemade grilled Polish sausage served with grilled onions on rye bread, and it is great. If you ever see it on a Polish menu in a good Polish restaurant, give it a try, and you will love it. Do any of you make this at home? What do you think of it?

Mike
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/27 12:19:35
To all,

Anyone tried this yet, did I not tell the truth? It is very good. If you have not tried, get on it. I would be great when you see the BEARS win the supper bowl.

GO BEARS

Mike
PepperPhil
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/27 17:02:32
More power to them PolishGuy..... It's been a long road this season I hope they can do it....

You going to be in the parking lots cooking ?
Bone Man
Junior Burger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/28 08:53:13
I don't care much for bear.

'coon's okay though!
Polish guy
Cheeseburger
RE: Polish sausage 2007/01/29 12:07:53
Bone Man,

I would take a great Polish sausage over both, any time.

Mike