Garlic Lemon Chicken

Filet Mignon
2007/01/10 08:13:01
Did up some Garlic Lemon chicken last night, very tasty

Handy gadget, I love gadgets.

Chop half the garlic rather fine, it’s going in the lemon juice.

Chop the other half course, it’s going in the pan with the chicken

Hmm, have to work on taking Garlic pics

Brown chicken, then add lemon juice

Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, uncover and cook down lemon juice

In the meantime prepare a salad

Let’s eat

John
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/10 08:25:38
I like looking at your pics better than television!!!Yum!!
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/10 10:22:34
Another masterpiece John

I always forget to take thepictures until after I have something cooked.
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/11 00:05:22

John,

You are gettin crazy with all this salad lately! If I didn't know better I'd think you were tryin to eat healthy or sumpthin!

Splendid pics as usual!
Pwingsx
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/11 13:57:15
I'm not a fan of chicken breasts because of the problem of them drying out. Do you find this recipe doesn't cause that? It looks pretty juicy.
Big Sausage
Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/11 14:16:03
I also have a problem with dried out chicken breasts and prefer roasting a whole bird. However yours looked mighty appetizing and may have to give it a try for a quick meal. Having a lemon tree in the back yard makes me look for different uses for this fruit. I picked one yesterday that weighed 1.5 lbs and though about Greek Lemon Chicken along with some rice as the meal of choice with this monster.
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/11 14:29:57
It looks delicious John. Nice post.
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/12 07:12:41
I use a Jaccard tenderizer,it not only tenderizes meats but also keeps them moist when cooking. If you decide to get one make it the real McCoy, not a knockoff. The cheaper ones do not come apart for cleaning. Be careful, those blades are very sharp.

John
RubyRose
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/12 08:42:36
Oooo, John, that looks great.
genewj
Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/12 18:42:01
John, the way to photograph the garlic is to side lite it, then shot it with the camera at a 45 degree angle..

Learned photography from my Mom, the first ever woman photog on the L.A. Times..Many, many years ago when the men were all off to
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/12 21:06:33
Great pics. I was just next door at Krogers and they had their Rotisserie lemon garlic chicken available and I bought it. Obviously not as good as yours but it was very good and tender and the garlic and lemon did well together.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/13 00:14:04
Mmm Mr. John, that's lovely!
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/13 07:06:06
Thanks all,

Tasted better then it looks, it's easy, give it a try. It really does help to poke a bunch of holes in the chicken first with a tenderizer. If you get one be very careful with that thing, those blades are very sharp.

John
acornlover
Cheeseburger
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/13 08:49:22
I know what we will have for dinner tonight!

KB
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/13 19:25:43
I just have one question.
For you and Desertdog.
Does your family think you are crazy for taking pictures of your dinner all the time?
(J/K).....
Laughing here.
As usual, John, I get hungry looking at your photos.
desertdog
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/13 21:12:51
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

I just have one question.
For you and Desertdog.
Does your family think you are crazy for taking pictures of your dinner all the time?
(J/K).....
Laughing here.
As usual, John, I get hungry looking at your photos.

Naw...I just convinced them I work for the Sterns. Seriously, they think I'm a little strange about a lot of things, but I tend to be a bit.....unconventional anyway, and I've always been a shutterbug, so they are used to it.

John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Garlic Lemon Chicken 2007/01/14 06:16:42
No, they know I march to a different drummer. Last time I bought a TV I purchased five 30"-32" models from five different stores, took then home and set them up so I could compare them in my living room. Selected the one I wanted and returned the others. It was a real pain in the butt lugging those things around but you really cannot judge by what you see in the store.

John

Uh, I'm starting to look at Tv"s again but now they are too big to do that with.