Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC

Junior Burger
2007/01/19 08:49:28
Hello all,This last July I started up a hot dog cart in downtown Asheville....I'm happy to report all bills being paid by this humble little cart.After doing some research my plan is to buy a used lunch truck and put a route together with it.I will keep the cart,doing well with it on weekends as part of business promotions.Hoping there are some folks on this site with personal experience operating a lunch truck.Menu tips...site made vs.premade....number of workers at a location to be worthy of a stop...anything.Thanks all.
cowtown
Junior Burger
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/19 15:11:05
I am also interested in this information. I have a concession trailer that is used at some work sites. Also suggestions for other locations to setup would be good. I have gotten quite a few suggestions from reading old posts on the forums. There are several people with concession and lunch truck experience that could be useful to some of us newbies.
wingdingman
Junior Burger
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/22 19:52:26
i have had hot dog carts and catering trucks if you want to discuss more feel free to call

robert
614-851-0929
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/22 20:00:13
quote:
Originally posted by Imyurhukelbery
Hello all,This last July I started up a hot dog cart in downtown Asheville.

Huck,
Off the topic a tad, but when you next stop by Barley's, The Green Man, or Asheville Brewing & Pizza out Merrimon, have a pint and think of me.
Great scott, man -- Asheville is a wonderful drinking town, and every time I visit, something new has come along! First it was Highland Brewing, then French Broad, and now I hear there are two or three more... not to mention the availability of Duck/Rabbit products from Farmville, N. C. and who knows what else.
I'm getting fatter just thinking about it! At least when I do come visit I can walk up and down those hills and maybe shed at least a gram or three of whatever I've put on drinking....
Good luck with your venture. Sounds like you have the right idea.
Hot Doggedly, Ort. Carlton in Not-To-Far-Away Athens, Georgia.
Imyurhukelbery
Junior Burger
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/23 17:33:43
Better idea Ort.......when you are in town next walk up Battery Park to the Flat Iron Bldg and get a dog and say heelo.....from there we go to Barleys..etc.......
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/23 18:00:40
I ate at the Barley's in Greenville just last night, Ort. Had some delicious slices and washed them down with a Foothills Brewery Rainbow Trout (not too good), Duck Rabbit Milk Stout (great as always) and a Abita Restoration Ale (never had one before, delicious!).

I love Asheville. I'm seeing (if I can get tickets) Lucinda Williams there in March. I'll have to find your cart before the show, hukelbery and grab a dog.
Imyurhukelbery
Junior Burger
RE: Lunch Truck/Roach Coach in Asheville NC 2007/01/23 18:05:32
Please stop by for a dog before the show..........Lucinda is a big draw here in Asheville.