What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ?

Junior Burger
2007/01/19 20:41:28
I just LOVE scallops and usually eat them wrapped in bacon & deep fried...then sprinkled a bit with fresh lemon
A good scallop tastes like the sea to me......yum !
Anyone like to share their favorite "Scallop" recipe?
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 20:46:50
I assume we are talking about "bay" scallops???
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 20:52:50
Whatever the type of scallops, I like the breaded and fried.

The best I ever had was at Digby Nova Scotia which is I suppose the capital of scallop fishing.

I went down to the docks and ask for some scallops. The fisherman replied that they do not sell them ther but if you go to Franks Scallops up the street, you can get them there, so I went there. Frank said what do you want and I said scallops. He said that will be five bucks. I paid him and about five minutes later he brought me enough scallops to last the entire day. Great, huge and tasty.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 21:15:23
I enjoy scallops, both sea and bay, a number of different ways. I'd have to say my very favorite way is sauteed in olive oil and butter with garlic, a squeeze of lemon and some freshly ground black pepper. Then it would be ceviche. Growing up, though, my favorite was deep fried bay scallops at a placed called Chello's in Guilford, Connecticut.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 21:21:00
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I enjoy scallops, both sea and bay, a number of different ways. I'd have to say my very favorite way is sauteed in olive oil and butter with garlic, a squeeze of lemon and some freshly ground black pepper. Then it would be ceviche. Growing up, though, my favorite was deep fried bay scallops at a placed called Chello's in Guilford, Connecticut.
I am with you there, sir. For the former, I like to sear them enough to create a beautiful brown glaze top and bottom. It is very important not to overcook them as you well know. Maybe a little fresh parsley sprinkled on top. I guess though that any scallop is delicous properly cooked and/or uncooked!
dholk
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 21:48:45
My mom taught me a seafood 'sauce' that is absolutely wonderful with any mild seafood. By mild I mean "having subtle flavor" (or "not fishy" :)) Good fresh scallops definitely fall into this category.

The general idea is:

stick of butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
15-20 capers (you can do without these if you have to, but they add a lot)

This is not an exact recipe but should get you close. You want to put all the ingredients in a sauce pan (or the saute pan you are cooking in) and gently warm until the butter is melted. The bottom line as far as heat goes is not so hot as to separate the butter.

I normally use this to baste fish that I am broiling. If I had some scallops, I would simmer them in this mixture until done and spoon the sauce over the scallops after plating. If these are good fresh scallops, you should err on the side of underdone(like good shrimp).

I suggested this for scallops, but I think you'll really like this with broiled fish too. My mom broiled flounder with this when I was growing up in NWFL. I use it when cooking the awesome Cod fillets that are available to me up here in New England.

Dave
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/19 22:02:47
When the scallops are fresh, nothing is better and I'll eat them in all the ways listed above. For special occasions, I like to make Coquilles St. Jacques. Sometimes I add some crabmeat but then, I suppose, it wouldn't be Coquilles St. Jacques. -pb
RubyRose
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/20 08:36:13
I like scallops too and usually sautee them like Michael Hoffman described. Sometimes I bake them like this:

SEASONED SCALLOPS

1 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. melted butter
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/ 4 cup packaged breadcrumbs
3 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
1 clove finely minced garlic
2 tsp. finely minced fresh parsley
1 /2 tsp. salt
1/ 4 tsp. pepper
1 pound sea scallops

Mix oil and butter in a shallow baking dish (I use a glass pie plate). Add remaining ingredients except scallops and mix. Add scallops; toss to coat with mixture. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until scallops are done.

My favorite way to make bay scallops is this salad. Sometimes I make it the night before and take to work for lunch (pack greens in a separate baggie or container so they don'e get soggy).

MARGARITA SCALLOP SALAD

3 Tbs. fresh lime juice, divided
2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
1 Tbs. minced fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
1 pound sea scallops
1/ 4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/ 4 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbs. tequila
1/ 4 tsp. salt
1/ 4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/ 2 cups cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
1/ 2 sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1 1/ 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen corn kernels, thawed)
2 cups mixed salad greens

In a bowl, combine 2 Tbs. of the lime juice, the parsley and basil. Add the scallops, tossing to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining 1 Tbs. lime juice, broth, oil, orange juice, tequila, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and corn, tossing to coat. Preheat the grill. Thread the scallops on 8 skewers. Spray the rack – off the grill- with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on the rack, cover and grill at medium, or 6 inches from the heat, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the scallops are just opaque throughout. Place tomato mixture on top of greens and then top with scallops. Serves 4.
Note: If using fresh corn, I usually blanch it first.
Hogbody
Junior Burger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 11:39:33
Great ideas...thanks for sharing.
Wow "Sundancer" sounds like you got them fresh as can be
Yum !!! Teri
Scarlett
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 12:11:48
In reply to porkbeaks Coquilles St. Jacques.. to me, too, that is the best 'special occasion' scallop dish. I love them fixed ANY way.

the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 12:36:02
Peconic Bay, in between the fancy South Fork and the getting fancy North Fork of LOOOOOOOOOONG Island
NY in noted for it's scallops. When I was younger, a long time ago,(you may be still able to) you could drive up to the platform of the wholesalers warehouse just outside Greenport and buy scallops right out of the bay. There was a little 3 or 4 seat shed on the parking lot that served 'em sauted in butter and oil while listening to music of the big bands, on tape----BYOB and no dancing allowed (they didn't have a cabaret licence).

The scallops were fantastic and as Mr Hogbody says----they taste like the sea to me too, especially when you are looking at the bay and smelling the salt air. Bon Apetit Julia, RIP.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 13:37:17
I've found that many times what resraurants and stores sell as scallops really aren't scallops. How do you tell the difference between the real and the imitation scallops without tasting them??
porkbeaks
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 18:34:33
quote:
Originally posted by Foodbme

I've found that many times what resraurants and stores sell as scallops really aren't scallops. How do you tell the difference between the real and the imitation scallops without tasting them??

This is from the New York Seafood Council:

Q: Are skates really used to make "imitation" scallops?

A: The long-held myth that skate wings are often cut into pieces to be sold as scallops is one of those "believe it or not" stories that was never a common practice. The unusual bands of muscle fibers in skate wings would make it very difficult to produce a product that remotely resembles a scallop. In addition, this process would probably be so labor intensive that the resulting product could make the product cost almost as much as the real scallop that it was intended to imitate. Although the myth is untrue, it does pay homage to the sweet and appealing shellfish-like taste of skate.
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:28:32
Paprika Scallops

3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 TBSP paprika (I like the smoked paprika better then sweet paprika)
1/4 cup flour
2 pounds bay scallops
4 TBSP butter
1/2 cup scallions, chopped
2 TBSP parsley, chopped

Combine the bread crumbs, paprika and flour in a mixing bowl

Add the scallops and toss to thoroughly coat

Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large frying pan

If you do not a pan big enough to fry the scallops in one layer do them in 2 batches

Add the scallops and cook for 5 minutes stirring gently

let them brown nicely, add the scallions and parsley and cook about 2-3 minutes longer

Serve with short grain brown rice
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:29:54
Baked Flounder with Scallop Dressing

Scallop Stuffing:
1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 pound bay scallops, chopped
salt & black pepper
dry white wine
fine bread crumbs
6 (6-8oz) flounder fillets
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup hot water

White Sauce:
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
1 cup milk
salt & pepper
dry white wine

In a 10 inch skillet, melt the 1/2 cup butter

Add garlic and onion and saute until onions are translucent

Add scallops and cook 2-3 minutes

Season with salt, pepper and white wine to taste

Add sufficient bread crumbs to a moist stuffing

Place each flounder fillet dark side up on a flat surface

Place the stuffing in the center of each fillet, dividing evenly between the fillets

Fold both ends of each fillet over the stuffing, overlapping the ends

Pour melted butter and hot water into 9x13 baking dish

Transfer the stuffed fillets to the baking dish and bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven

In a small saucepan, melt the butter

Whisk in the flour, cook over low heat 2-3 minutes whisking constantly

Then add milk, salt, pepper & white wine

Increase the heat to medium whisking constantly until thickened

When the flounder has baked 20 minutes, pour the white sauce over the fillets

Return to the oven and briefly heat until the sauce begins to bubble
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:31:50
Scallop Fried Rice

4 cups bay scallops
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 (4oz) cans mushrooms (drained)
2 tsp salt
Black pepper
8 Cups cooked rice
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup green onions, chopped

Fry scallops in oil, in large pan for 2 minutes, stirring constantly

Add eggs, mushrooms, salt & pepper fry over medium heat for 5 minutes

stirring constantly, add rice and soy sauce fry for 5 more minutes

stirring frequently

mix in chopped green onions
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:33:04
Scallop Saute over wild rice

3 TBSP butter
3 TBSP olive oil
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 pounds fesh scallops, rinsed & drained
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
dash of tabasco
Wild Rice

In large skillet or saute pan, het butter and oil until it sizzles

Add mushrooms, and onions saute about 5 minutes

Add scallops and saute and additional 5-6 minutes

Add lemon juice and seasonings

Remove from heat and serve over the wild rice

CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:35:48
Scallops & Grits

2 pound, bay scallops
1 tsp salt
2 cups cooked grits
1 (6 oz) tube garlic cheese
1 tsp butter
1 tsp ground white pepper
6 slices bacon, diced
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup sliced scallions
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
6-8 tsp lemon juice
Salt & Pepper

Combine salt, grits, cheese, butter & bacon in top of a double boiler, keep warm over simmering water.

Saute bacon, until done but not crisp, remove bacon from pan

Drain drippings reserving 2 TBSP in skillet

Return bacon to skillet

Add scallops, and saute until beginning to turn opaque.

add mushrooms saute 2-4 minutes or until scallops are firm

add scallions and garlic, stirring well

add parsley, lemon juice salt and pepper to taste

Spoon grits evenly onto 4 serving plates

spoon scallop mixture over grits and serve immediately
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/21 19:38:00
Not that I LOVE scallops mind you.

Port St Joe, Florida usually has a scallop festival at the end of August, I go down and sample ALL the delicious things they have to offer, and then bring back a hundred pounds of bay scallops.
V960
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 10:24:46
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I've started using orange juice squeezed over the bay scallops to finish them...the sweetness and acidity is interesting.

For diver scallops...quickly seared or grilled.
Ashphalt
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 10:46:07
As a kid I liked scallops best the way I first had them. Deep fried, preferably plate after plate at the annual scallop festival in New Bedford. Of course, at home we just broiled them with butter and drizzled a little butter on them. That worked, too.

Now, we have two regular scallop dishes. One is in a cream sauce with mushrooms and leeks. It's sort of a version of Coquille St. Jacques but we like it over rice rather than served in a shell.

Our other return-to scallop dish is scallops in Thai red curry, usually with some snow peas and water chestnuts, although the veggies can vary.

A third dish we don't make as often any longer is seafood risotto, which we typically make with just mussels and scallops.

Of course, a fried scallop roll at any good clam shack works, too.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 10:54:09
quote:
Originally posted by V960

quote:

I've started using orange juice squeezed over the bay scallops to finish them...the sweetness and acidity is interesting.

For diver scallops...quickly seared or grilled.

Orange juice sounds interesting. I'll try that.

I can't get diver scallops where I am.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 11:39:31
Soak em in beer,then dip in seasoned flour and deep fry-serve with tatar sauce and remoulade sauce.Simple and wonderful!!
desertdog
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 11:46:33
Scalloped potatoes.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 11:56:55
LOL,desertdog..
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 17:28:57
The only way I have ever had them was fried. I dip them in flour and some spices and let them rip for a few minutes until they brown and enjoy.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/22 20:55:11
Definitely the classic recipe, Coquilles St. Jacque

Coquilles St. Jacque

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
5 tablespoons melted butter
6 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 pound sea scallops, quartered
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion

DIRECTIONS
1. In small mixing bowl, toss the bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of melted butter; mix thoroughly and set aside.

2. In another small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise/sour cream, wine and parsley; mix thoroughly and set aside.

3. In a skillet over medium heat, saute scallops in 2 tablespoons of melted butter until opaque. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Preheat broiler for medium/high heat.

4. Reheat the skillet over medium heat and cook the mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons of melted butter until tender. Add cheese mixture and return the scallops to the skillet. Cook until heated through and the cheese is melted. Spoon the mixture into individual ramekins or pour the whole mixture into a 11x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with bread crumb mixture.

5. Broil in a preheated broiler 6 inches from heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until browned.

When I used to serve it at the restaurant, I added partially cooked broccoli florets as well. This was at the restaurant P.J. Clarkes in Birmingham, MI in the 1970's... the broccoli idea came from our New York P.J. Clarkes location.

mollydingle
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/25 12:37:13
Re porkbeaks. I have been told by old time fishermen in both Maine and Massachusetts, that 'tongues and sounds'(flesh near the gills) is frequently sustituted for scallops. A good way to tell is size. Anything that looks too consistent with no individual variation or a less than creamy taste is probably fake. You want a mild flavor, not too chewy or overpowering.
Fried with a cold beer and a warm sunny deck overlooking the water. can you tell it's cold here today?
mollydingle
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/25 12:38:16
Or lightly grilled with ginger soy sauce...
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/25 13:02:24
Fried is good, broiled is good, but St Jacques would be my pick.
There are three different versions in Howard Mitcham's 'Provincetown Seafood Cookbook', and I pick bits from each depending on what's in the pantry.
Ashphalt
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/25 13:06:57
quote:
Originally posted by Top

Fried is good, broiled is good, but St Jacques would be my pick.
There are three different versions in Howard Mitcham's 'Provincetown Seafood Cookbook', and I pick bits from each depending on what's in the pantry.

I actually combine two of Howard's recipes for the version I mentioned above that we like on rice.
redtressed
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/01/25 16:34:34
I like mine about as basic as it comes. Scallops tossed in flour, salt and pepper(corn or rice flour is even better) Saute' in some lemon juice, garlic, butter and a couple dashes of Grand Marnier. Serve with the saute' sauce over rice. Mmmmmmm
Ready4Fun
Junior Burger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/03/05 15:52:23
I've always thought of scallops as my favorite seafood, but it wasn't until the middle 1980s that I knew just how wonderful scallops could be. I was at a (sadly now out of business) sushi bar on Peachtree in Atlanta (only my second time eating sushi, taken there by a girlfriend of mine who had lived in Japan), and she decided I was ready for sashimi (the fish alone, without the sushi rice). I placed this large white round raw object on my tongue, and my mouth was immediately filled with sweet warmness that didn't even require any mastication--it all but DISSOLVED in my mouth. "What was that?", I heard myself say, and received the reply, "A Scallop." Unbelievable. Fabulous.

Since that time, ordering all kinds of scallops (cooked or raw) in all kinds of establishments, I have never found one that duplicates--or even approaches--that wonderful experience. I would heartily recommend that if you ever have the opportunity to eat a raw--and VERY fresh--scallop, you do so. I still, some 25 years later, remember that moment as if it were this morning. Pure oral beauty.

Having said that, my favorite "quickie" seviche recipe is really simple; I usually use sea scallops, but it works equally well with bay scallops. Red pepper flakes to taste, Rose's lime juice to cover, let it set in the 'fridge for a few hours and chow down!
blue heaven
Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/03/05 16:10:35
I love scallops. I like to sear mine in a saute pan with a bit of butter and a little olive oil w/minced shallots, lemon and capers deglaze the pan with a little vermouth or white wine. Simple but delicious. It only takes a couple of minutes....real quick meal.[
V960
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/03/08 14:27:42
quote:
Originally posted by Ready4Fun

she decided I was ready for sashimi (the fish alone, without the sushi rice). I placed this large white round raw object on my tongue, and my mouth was immediately filled with sweet warmness that didn't even require any mastication--it all but DISSOLVED in my mouth. "What was that?", I heard myself say, and received the reply, "A Scallop." Unbelievable. Fabulous.

for a few hours and chow down!

Also known as a TBO...taste bud orgasm.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/03/10 16:32:43
I can't think of ANY recipe that uses Scallops as a main ingredient that I don't like. Broiled, Battered and deep fried, 'Kebobs on a grill", raw in a seafood salad, Scampi, and I think my favorite was the "Imperial". Served In a butter cream sauce, sometimes with shrimp and or crab mixed in with the scallops... a very very rich dish, so far I have only found it on menus in the Tidewater Virginia area. Not even sure if I have the name correct. It is absolutely the best seafood 'in sauce' dish I have ever enjoyed.
dickestep
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 04:00:00
quote:
Originally posted by redtressed

I like mine about as basic as it comes. Scallops tossed in flour, salt and pepper(corn or rice flour is even better) Saute' in some lemon juice, garlic, butter and a couple dashes of Grand Marnier. Serve with the saute' sauce over rice. Mmmmmmm

You got it. Anything too involved masks the subtle flavors.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 07:11:14
The best I'd ever had were at J's Oyster in Portland, Maine ... just plain raw !!!

Second best: blackened at Eastside Grille in Northampton, Massachusetts.

Oh and just as good: Stuart's Fresh Catch in Richmond ... breaded. A+

I never make them at home b/o I don't think I can get good enough supply.

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 08:27:44
I like to press diver scallops top and bottom in a little brown sugar and pepper combination and pan fry each side until it develops a brown crust (doesn't take too long either). Accompanied with some rice or a risotto, a Gorgonzola and pear salad and some crusty sourdough, I'm set for my last meal.
Bury me Lord, I'm already in heaven.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 20:52:51

OK, If you are one of those who are opposed to the step-by-step recipe with photos, you may want to scroll on down thru this one.

On a Costco trip this morning We picked up some Lamb Ribs, a carrot cake, and some other treats and special stuff for the Easter dinner that will happen tomorrow. While at Costco we happened across some fresh Scallops for $8.00 a pound. Well, we had to have two pounds to try a coconut batter mix that we have had for awhile. The results were pretty good. We limited the menu to some fresh Asparagus and the Coconut battered Scallops.

Here is step 1.. The Batter mix, One bottle of Beer, and two eggs mixed in formed the batter. Scallops rinsed and drained were then ready to go.

Step 2- Blanche/ Semi-Cook (al dente) the Asparagus to prep it for the oven treatment- cover with Parmesean cheese, then oven-bake it until the cheese browns a bit.

Step 3- Put the scallops that have been covered in the batter into a hot frying pan with about half to three-quarters of an inch of hot oil. Fry until golden brown.

Here is dinner for TWO- in fact we found that there were more scallops than we could eat at one meal. Due to the large size our usual 5 or 6 for a serving could well have been 3 or 4 !

Here is the finished product. I love both the Scallops and the Asparagus, so this dinner made me a very happy camper !! We will save some of the leftover scallops to add to some chowder shortly!

All in all a pretty good Costco Day.
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 20:58:50
Al - You are killing me! Dinner looks great

I am glad the leftover scallops are going to good use, I was thinking the scotties were going to have scallops too.

I gotta try Costco, and what a bonus JJ's is only 12 miles from Costco.

mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/07 21:08:51
CK
Yeah, before we got a Costco here in Louisville (last fall) we would load up the coolers and do a JJ and Costco run about once a month. We didn't save a dime...with it being a roundt-trip of about 225 miles, the gas cost were pretty high. We haven't been to Jungle Jims since we started using the local Costco!
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/08 07:54:37
Looks great Al. Just looking at the pictures my GOUT is screaming and my mouth is watering. Chow Jim
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/08 10:54:00

The batter mix needed some additional flavoring...It was a bit "plain". Next time we will either use some Orange marmalade or other slightly sweet/sour citrus to add a bit of 'Tang' to the batter. It was good, but lacked that final touch.
I watched Bobby Fray do some Scallops on the grill this morning. If it wasn't 25 degrees out when I watched that i would have been tempted to do the same. My days of grilling in the snow are happily behind me somewhere!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/08 11:02:24
Fine,fine looking meal!!!!!!Drooling here!
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
RE: What is your favorite "Scallop" recipe ? 2007/04/08 13:40:17
Major Al.

If I provide the scallops, as-per-a-grass plus the beer, butter and parmesean and the outdoor grille you can come make dinner anytime------winter included-----I "ain't" seen no snow since I got to
St Pete and I ain't lookin' forward to seein' any. Stay warm brother, it's springtime you know !!!!!