Poppy Seed Strudel

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9776
  • Reward points : 0
Poppy Seed Strudel - Tue, 01/30/07 11:16 AM
I have recently been craving poppy seed strudel. Growing up in a German household, we frequently had these around the house. My dad was also eating one. I have called several bakeries in the area and no one seems to carry them.

Do bakeries still make poppy seed strudels? Can anyone recommend where to get one? I would be more than willing to have a bakery send one to me, if necessary.

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3552
RE: Poppy Seed Strudel - Tue, 01/30/07 5:04 PM
Any Jewish bakeries near you? I have yet to find one that does not have a good poppy seed cake.

ChiTownDiner
  • Total Posts : 2625
RE: Poppy Seed Strudel - Fri, 02/9/07 5:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by buffetbuster

I have recently been craving poppy seed strudel. Growing up in a German household, we frequently had these around the house. My dad was also eating one. I have called several bakeries in the area and no one seems to carry them.

Do bakeries still make poppy seed strudels? Can anyone recommend where to get one? I would be more than willing to have a bakery send one to me, if necessary.

Don't usually check the dessert forum. Poppyseed is my favorite and with Fat Tuesday approaching, we'll have Paczki. around our neck of the woods, lots of choices with coffee cakes, strudels, kolachky's, and other Czech concoctions. Near Midway Airport, a little bakery does a great poppy and cheese coffee cake. I'll let you know if anyone does mail order.

debdog42
  • Total Posts : 36