Street Vendor Menu

Sirloin
2007/01/30 16:32:27
I really enjoyed reading the review of Lou's Tre Sorelli ( http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=4301&RefID=4357 ). Several months ago CowboyBob sent me his book on street vending. He mentiones a similar setup using a canopy, etc. What a inexpensive way of getting into the steet food vending biz! Then getting a real good review from the Sterns is the frosting on the cake!!

So I was curious, you see one of these setups, what kind of food would you like to see or sell? I know you could sell the basics like tacos, hot dogs, etc. But wondering what would be unique for one of these stands (like the steak sandwich Lou makes)... Fantasy menu time here.

porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/30 17:41:27
That would never pass in TN or KY. Maybe a one day event where the health inspector don't show up.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/30 23:38:16
Only thing I see lacking in his operation is the hand sink and possibly 3 bay sink...
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/31 09:08:20
grrrrrrrr side scrolling!

I don't know about codes requirments but for a fantasy menu..

SHRIMP KABOBS!
Crab cake sandwich
Conch fritters
Shrimp burgers
SurfNturf w/ real beef burger and shrimp
Wine bar
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/31 09:28:07
Wine Bar! Ahhh... If one could only get away with that!
Sorry bout the side scroll, tried to insert the small image, but they only go large now..
NebGuy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/31 09:30:08
Interesting he is allowed to block a public sidewalk (or at least it appears to me to be a public sidewalk).
porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2007/01/31 16:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by NebGuy

Interesting he is allowed to block a public sidewalk (or at least it appears to me to be a public sidewalk).

I thought the same thing
brickboo
Cheeseburger
RE: Street Vendor Menu 2012/12/04 00:25:40
I can have a couple of tables for my condiments etc, but I can't have tables for sitting customers. If I do, I'm considered a restaurant and I have to supply toiletries.