I have a great recipe for plank cooking of all things, carp.
1) Catch carp, harder than it sounds as they are wiley, and a tough
fighter. You want one that is about 2 pounds.
2) Gut carp and take out mud streak.
4) Stake to plank, preferably apple, peach, alder or cedar. It is best to use wooden dowels, howver stainless steels nails work in a pinch.
5) Place planked carp in a large pan and pour in enough cheap, but drinkable red wine to cover. A half gallon should do it, as that way you have some left over to drink.
6) Marinate planked carp in frig for at least 24 hours.
7) Remove planked carp from frig, and fire up the grill.
8) Remove carp from the plank and throw the carp away.
9) Cook plank and eat accompanied by some more of the cheap red wine. ENJOY