spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs

Filet Mignon
2007/02/23 19:40:36
Yesterday in Santa Fe I bought some tasty jellies from Ojo Sarco NM:

blueberry green chile, strawberry chipotle, raspberry red chile, and my favorite, jalepeno orange marmalade.

Later I was in Alburqueue and picked up something (made in North Carolina!) called "dessert hot sauce" : I got cranberry, chocolate orange and key lime. Small bottles of fruity syrup with habaneros. Way too sweet but a good idea (also came in vanilla, lemon and others)

I have had other hot pepper jellies, but these fruits added were a nice treat.

Who else can recommend some?
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/23 20:03:13
I cannot recommend any,other than the ones you have.I was a buyer for Woodlake Market in Kohler,Wi.,and I loved having the peppers/fruit infused jelly/jam.Great suggestion for the ones you find too sweet-pour over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers.Or spread cream cheese on a Boboli crust,top with the jelly,and cut in bite size pieces.Excellent last minute appetizers!!!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/23 20:40:43
The only one I have had is the jalapeno jelly. I thought it was hot, sweet and tasty but not overly exciting like a grape jelly.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
xannie_01
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/23 20:42:40
NYNM,
you can get really interesting jellies
and jams at jackalope.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/24 00:14:57
quote:
Originally posted by xannie_01

NYNM,
you can get really interesting jellies
and jams at jackalope.

Thanks!! The ones I got yesterday I got at the New Nexico Museum Gift Shop (Governor's Palace). The ones in ABQ were from Chili Pepper Emporium on Rio Grande Blvd - quite a place!! The owner kept bragging about John Travolta coming to ABQ to film "Wild Hogs" and using his banners and products to film a "festival" up near Madrid. He's git a zillion kinds of hot sauce, walls and walls of it!!
http://www.chilipepperemporium.com/

I have a 7 AM flight back to NY so I guess I'll have to wait til the summer to hit up Jackalope!
xannie_01
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/24 00:30:12
well, jeeze, how am i ever gonna treat you to sadies if you don't let me know when yer here?
if i had any feelings, they'd be hurt.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/24 00:33:45
quote:
Originally posted by xannie_01

well, jeeze, how am i ever gonna treat you to sadies if you don't let me know when yer here?
if i had any feelings, they'd be hurt.

Never been to Sadie's - and I sure don't wanna hurt HER feelings!!! I'be be back in the summer - I'll see you & Sadie too then!!!
xannie_01
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/24 00:34:52
okay, consider it a commitment.
the hubster and i are both looking forward to it.
SassyGritsAL
RE: spicy fruity jams & jellies & hs 2007/02/26 11:01:05
Serve your spicy, fruity jams and jellies by just pouring over a block of cream cheese. Great w/crackers. Or just use pretzel sticks and dip in.