Pat's Kountry Kitchen

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17850
  • Reward points : 0
Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Sat, 03/10/07 1:36 PM
I've not been to Pat's in Old Saybrook in several years, but the menu used to state that there could be no substitutions. That was brought to my attention by our server when I ordered the clam hash and asked for it with two eggs. She said that was impossible because it came with just one egg and no substitutions were allowed. For emphasis she pointed to the no substitutions line on the menu. I haven't been back since.

DoctorDan
  • Total Posts : 56
RE: Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Sat, 03/10/07 2:17 PM
Reminds me of the classic scene in the movie "Five Easy Pieces" where Jack Nicholson tried to order a chicken saled sandwich.

Doctor Dan

John A
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Sun, 03/11/07 5:31 PM
I like Waffle House and will never forget the morning I asked if I could get pancakes and was reminded that I was at Waffle House, not IHOP. My fault , had two eggs over easy with hashbrowns instead (Love those things).

John

Ciaoman
  • Total Posts : 375
RE: Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Sun, 03/11/07 6:20 PM
I live within 30 minutes of Pat's. I've eaten there perhaps 3 times. Although it was considered one of the better breakfast places along the CT shore at one time, I have to wonder if they're resting on their laurels. Like Michael, I'm in no hurry to go back either.

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9808
RE: Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Mon, 03/12/07 10:42 AM
Reading the review of this place, I do wonder if it would be too cutesie pie for me. Though, I have no doubt my girlfriend would love it.

I am certainly willing to keep an open mind for anyplace that serves a good red flannel hash. And I have never had clam hash....sounds like I would really enjoy it.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17850
RE: Pat's Kountry Kitchen - Mon, 03/12/07 1:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorDan

Reminds me of the classic scene in the movie "Five Easy Pieces" where Jack Nicholson tried to order a chicken saled sandwich.

Doctor Dan

And you know where you can put the chicken.