milkshakes

Junior Burger
2007/03/16 16:57:31
How milkshakes differs from thickshakes?
wd8ayc
Junior Burger
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 19:46:33
Are you kiddin??? I would Guess just More and More and More Corn Startch or some kind of Soy or Gum Product!!! UMMM Just what I would like to have in my Shake ( NOT )

Now if you were going to make one at home, How would You make it Thicker for you and your family? "Momy! More Gaur Gum Please!!!"

I guess thats why I very rarely get a Milk... Opps I for got, Probably NO Milk used in " Shakes " any more. I very rarely get a "Shake" while I'm out anymore... Except! sometimes throughout the Sumer, I have to stop at Dairy Queen or similar Dairyet once in a while... Well ok alot...because of my Adiction... BUT I'm tellin you I feel "Dirty" afterwards!!!

Oh GOD I Need Help.....
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 19:53:25
Another more important question: Why is there air?

waiterhell
Hamburger
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 20:46:33
To quote 'Roseanne' -

"I'm waiting for chocolate flavored air!!!"

lol
wd8ayc
Junior Burger
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 21:07:49
Well, We both know the answer. A. To make a known amount of ingredients, result in a predictable volume of Ice Cream… And I can live with that. Any body that is going to make Ice Cream to sell, has to be able control yield to at least some extent. And I guess that some or a lot of the manufacturers are getting close to, if not already abusing the Volume to Weight Ratio thing. But as long as they don’t get completely ridicules about it, I would continue to buy their Stuff…

But what I am looking for is NOT Just Quality, or Great Value, But rather a Reasonably Good Quality Ice Cream That is made out of the ingredients that I want MY Ice Cream to be made out of . Just like the People who buy their Beer from these small Micro- Breweries. I know that most people Think I am being Ridicules, But it IS Important to ME and I am the one Paying for it… If I never would have had the opportunity to have Really GREAT Original Honest to GOD Ice Cream, I would be perfectly Happy with IGA or Blue Bunny…

It is just like Maple Syrup. If you have ever had the opportunity to have Maple Syrup that someone made by tapping trees and then slow boiling it down to syrup. You would from then on be disappointed with what we buy in the store. The thing is, I can get Maple Syrup around here… It is very expensive and I don’t get it very often, But if you wanted to have something Really Special, It is Top Shelf. Boy wouldn’t it be good in some “ Pre- Lever” Bryers with some fresh Almonds.. OH YEA that’s what I’m talking about…

Sorry I kinda Posted this on the wrong Thread
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 21:12:02
quote:
Originally posted by food10

How milkshakes differs from thickshakes?

It's pretty simple. A milkshake is nothing more than milk and a syrup. The so-called thickshake is not.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 21:32:46
Hey! I like SPAM in my shake. Duh Huh. Hint hint...
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/16 22:08:29
quote:
Originally posted by wd8ayc

Well, We both know the answer. A. To make a known amount of ingredients, result in a predictable volume of Ice Cream… And I can live with that. Any body that is going to make Ice Cream to sell, has to be able control yield to at least some extent. And I guess that some or a lot of the manufacturers are getting close to, if not already abusing the Volume to Weight Ratio thing. But as long as they don’t get completely ridicules about it, I would continue to buy their Stuff…

But what I am looking for is NOT Just Quality, or Great Value, But rather a Reasonably Good Quality Ice Cream That is made out of the ingredients that I want MY Ice Cream to be made out of . Just like the People who buy their Beer from these small Micro- Breweries. I know that most people Think I am being Ridicules, But it IS Important to ME and I am the one Paying for it… If I never would have had the opportunity to have Really GREAT Original Honest to GOD Ice Cream, I would be perfectly Happy with IGA or Blue Bunny…

It is just like Maple Syrup. If you have ever had the opportunity to have Maple Syrup that someone made by tapping trees and then slow boiling it down to syrup. You would from then on be disappointed with what we buy in the store. The thing is, I can get Maple Syrup around here… It is very expensive and I don’t get it very often, But if you wanted to have something Really Special, It is Top Shelf. Boy wouldn’t it be good in some “ Pre- Lever” Bryers with some fresh Almonds.. OH YEA that’s what I’m talking about…

Sorry I kinda Posted this on the wrong Thread

Hams are very wordy folks......
wd8ayc
Junior Burger
RE: milkshakes 2007/03/18 21:12:50
Yes, And I am going to have to learn to restrain myself
I am fairly new to Forums, Plus I can't seem to let this Bryers thing go, and GET Over It...
And I feel bad about Ranting on Food10s Thread Because, I Still Do and Always Have LOVED Milkshakes. My Grandpa owned a Drug Store in Canton Oh. in the 30s 40s 50s 60s that my Mom grew up working in.. She was a Real Old time "Soda Jerk" mostly in the 40s... After I was born She just filled in for vacations and when someone was sick. But I can remember her takeing me with her when I was just a PUP in the mid to late 50s, So I know what a Milk Shake IS...