to add milk or not to eggs...

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 63
naxet76
  • Total Posts : 351
  • Reward points : 0
to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 3:40 PM
I'm sure this isn't a new topic but I wonder who out there adds milk to their scrambled eggs. I definitely don't, no one I know (who isn't anglo) does this. I just put some oil or shortening in a pan and add my eggs and scramble them in there. My roommate in college(who's white but grew up with a lot of Hispanic culture) thought it was so odd how I made scrambled eggs. Just like I thought it was weird to add milk.

TwoJays
  • Total Posts : 200
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 3:49 PM
We add sour cream. Learned that trick from "Ralphie" on The Sopranos, seconds before Tony whacked him.

John

Adjudicator
  • Total Posts : 5057
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 6:35 PM
I might add some half & half when I am doing a quiche or a friatta, but never for basic scrambled eggs.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17848
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 7:35 PM
I always add a bit of milk or heavy cream to beaten eggs that I'm going to scramble. Just water for omelets.

JBarry713
  • Total Posts : 243
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 9:38 PM
Never really heard of adding milk to scrambled eggs as an ethnic thing. I'm white and add milk to scrambled eggs and I've seen friends add cream cheese as well.

morningglory
  • Total Posts : 559
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 10:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by naxet76

I'm sure this isn't a new topic but I wonder who out there adds milk to their scrambled eggs. I definitely don't, no one I know (who isn't anglo) does this. I just put some oil or shortening in a pan and add my eggs and scramble them in there. My roommate in college(who's white but grew up with a lot of Hispanic culture) thought it was so odd how I made scrambled eggs. Just like I thought it was weird to add milk.

I alsways add milk, or cream for scrambled eggs, and never gave it a second thought, especially from any ethnic viewpoint.

They always tasted yummy/creamy, to me. What am I missing?

naxet76
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 10:20 PM
not so much ethnic but......... what I'm trying to say is that if you'd ask someone who was hispanic, specifically someone of Mexican descent if they put milk, cream, etc. in their eggs I am certain many of them will either look at you strangely or say they prefer not to. I always wondered why scrambled eggs looked different at IHOP or restaurants like from those my family made. I guess they added milk to make them fluffy. oh and btw, I've heard that adding water DOES make them creamier and better tasting than milk.

kman160
  • Total Posts : 160
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 10:47 PM
Mom always added milk, so I do

morningglory
  • Total Posts : 559
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 03/19/07 11:24 PM
Just checked http://www.recipezaar.com/216175

And found this:

Pat's Easy Scrambled Eggs
Recipe #2161751 rating
One trick to great scrambled eggs is not an ingredient — it's TIME. I really don't like scorched eggs so I take my time making them over very low heat and boy do they turn out nice. And I used to add milk to my scrambled eggs and omlettes until I saw The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith) adding WATER. Don't ask me why but, in my opinion, water makes better scrambled eggs than milk — that's subjective but it works for me. I also use red pepper because it digests MUCH easier than black pepper and tastes great too, adding almost no heat at all in this quantity. The ground red pepper also makes an attractive garnish. Finally, the aroma of a fresh orange slice garnish alongside these eggs just makes them twice as good as they already are. Finally, this recipe should very much help out NEW CHEFS who have experienced trouble in cooking eggs. Enjoy!
by Bone Man | Edit...My Notes

Requires Premium MembershipMy Notes

ONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.

1 servings 20 min 5 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 pinch ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon bacon drippings (optional)
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 orange slice (garnish)

Not the one? See other Pat's Easy Scrambled Eggs Recipes
< 30 mins Breakfast
Pacific Northwest Breakfast
Very Low Carbs Breakfast
Eggs Breakfast
Comfort Food Breakfast
Over VERY low heat in a non-stick skillet, add the butter and bacon drippings and allow the butter to melt and heat.
Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat them with a fork for about 15 seconds. Then, add the water and beat them for 15 seconds longer.
Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet of heated grease/butter and allow them to slowly solidify over the low heat, turning large chunks of egg as necessary. DO NOT add seasonings yet.
Remove the eggs from the heat and plate them up before they dry out! Try them immediately past the "runny" stage. Add the salt and pepper once the eggs are on the plate. After salting and peppering the eggs, add the orange slice on the side as a garnish.
Serve with jellied toast or buttered biscuits.

I still add milk or cream. I am not sure if I can even tell the difference.

MikeS.
  • Total Posts : 5360
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 12:06 AM
I used to add mailk but years ago I saw a cooking show that added COLD water. I tried that and it did make a difference. I too turn down the heat, they may take a minute or 2 longer but it is worth it.

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 9:04 AM
I'm a half-breed Choctaw/white-eye and I too add water. I do it because my daddy did it. But I don't put ketchup on my eggs like he did.

Williamsburger
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 9:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I always add a bit of milk or heavy cream to beaten eggs that I'm going to scramble. Just water for omelets.

As much as I hate adding noise to signal - "Ditto"

BTB
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 9:44 AM
Just as Alton suggested on his Good Eats show on the subject, I always add a bit of milk to my scrambled eggs. I've tried both without anything and with a little water . . . nope . . . went back to a little milk.

jmckee
  • Total Posts : 1172
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 9:59 AM
I always add a bit of milk to scrambled eggs or omelets -- maybe a tablespoon for every two eggs or so.

For coddled eggs, or eggs baked in a ramekin, I usually film the top with just a little heavy cream.

fabulousoyster
  • Total Posts : 1855
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 10:00 AM
SCRAMBLED eggs I do add a tbs or two of milk.

Cinnabonbon
  • Total Posts : 149
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 10:11 AM
My parents added a bit of milk or cream when scrambling eggs. I've always added milk. I heard that milk toughens the egg and to add water, sour cream or cream cheese. I've tried them all. My preference is milk or heavy cream, IMO it just makes a fluffier, richer, and creamer scrambled egg.

Mosca
  • Total Posts : 2936
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 11:18 AM
I think that there's a bit of a consensus going on. European Americans add water or milk to their scrambled eggs because their parents taught them to. Since most Hispanic Americans don't have Caucasian parents, they didn't learn to do that.

Tom

dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 3:16 PM
LMAO Tom!!

I add a tablespoon of room temp water per egg and a couple dashes of hot sauce before beating to a froth with my imersion blender. Butter in the hot pan and turn it down to medium just b4 pouring in the eggs, if usning cheese I add it at the same time (room temp of course)

Ashphalt
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 03/20/07 3:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mosca

I think that there's a bit of a consensus going on. European Americans add water or milk to their scrambled eggs because their parents taught them to. Since most Hispanic Americans don't have Caucasian parents, they didn't learn to do that.

Tom

Then we may extrapolate that orphans don't eat eggs.

BTW - Never heard of making scrambled eggs without some dairy product until I read it (elsewhere on this site). Guess that makes be very non-Hispanic.

Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 6:09 AM
Hello All,
I always would put a big slab of butter in the skillet, let it melt, then add my eggs.
My wife always added milk for her and my daughter.
When I make scrambled eggs for my daughter, I put a slab of butter in the skillet,
then put some milk in a measuring cup, crack the egg and put it in with milk, added salt
and pepper, and stir it up well before pouring it into the skillet.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 6:45 AM

Water has been a constant for me, whether at home or cooking professionally. If I am cooking at a restaurant, sometimes I will add soda water, which is great for pancake batter too.

The restaurant where I am at uses milk and I cannot tell the difference as they are cooked on a flat top griddle. That was discussed in another topic and even I cannot help but create chop scramblers.

I wish to ask a question to all the pros out there. Do you crack and scramble them to order or make a batch of eggs that you can ladle out? I ask this as I am of the crack two dozen eggs into a container school that is held in a ice bath. I am hearing that the Health Dept frowns on this, preferring that they are scrambled to order. This bothers me as the bowl that I use for this procedure becomes crusted with egg residue very quickly. It is one of the too many steps that are required to make an order of eggs. Oh yeah, and the milk container can sit out at room temp for hours...

Don't tell me to change bowls as this is something that the owner does. He claims that the customers want to see the eggs being scrambled. Considering the clientele, it is like saying that I want them to build a house with a hammer and hand saw instead of using power tools.

This is not a complaint, as the owner has taken and implemented some of my suggestions. I wish to get some input from others before I talk to him about improving and streamlining how we prepare them.

mark

naxet76
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 10:02 AM
Too funny Tom!!!
But yep, you're right! Last time I checked my parents were short, dark, and spoke a strange language they call "español"-------stereotypical, but true!
Btw, maybe I'm not even making scrambled eggs, maybe they're just broken up fried eggs. This morning I put oil in the pan, cracked the eggs, and let them fry a bit and slowly stirred them around with a rubber spatula (better than a regular spatula)until they were scrambled. Then I had two slices of toast and a large glass of Ovaltine chocolate that I put in the freezer for a few minutes; I like extra cold chocolate milk.

Rick F.
  • Total Posts : 1736
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 12:18 PM
I usually add milk, sour cream, or cream cheese to scrambled eggs, but not always. On the other hand, I almost always fry—excuse me, *sauté—or scramble eggs in butter or add it to boiled—excuse me, *simmered—eggs as a "moisturizer," so whether or not I use it as an ingredient, it's there.

I can't remember my mother's having taught me much about cooking, and certainly not about cooking eggs. The rudiments of swiss steak, yes; but that's about it.

*After all, we're talking haute cuisine here. Or is it "haughty cuisine"?

Mosca
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 2:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ashphalt

quote:

Tom

!

My turn to laugh!

So much of what we learn to cook we learn from mom, not from books or TV. My wife's mom died when she was 11, and believe me, my wife DOES NOT know how to cook; boiled chicken with bbq sauce = barbecued chicken. It's a good thing I learned to cook from my mother, and spent many years perfecting my craft as a bachelor!

Tom

dancinhomer
  • Total Posts : 32
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 03/21/07 4:53 PM
I make the best scrambled eggs in the world. It's not bragging, it's simply true.

If you don't add a little milk to the eggs, they don't fluff up. If you add too much milk, then the excess milk runs off the eggs on the plate, which is unappetizing, so just add a little. I would say a teaspoon per egg will do it.

Also, it doesn't matter if you are cooking on low heat or high.... stir the second the eggs hit your pan and don't stop. I'm serious .... do not stop! You will be amazed how much better the eggs taste.

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Thu, 03/22/07 10:25 AM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ashphalt

quote:

Tom

!

My turn to laugh!

So much of what we learn to cook we learn from mom, not from books or TV. My wife's mom died when she was 11, and believe me, my wife DOES NOT know how to cook; boiled chicken with bbq sauce = barbecued chicken. It's a good thing I learned to cook from my mother, and spent many years perfecting my craft as a bachelor!

Tom

That depends on the orphanage and who was cooking that day, or did the just serve gruel and water.

Mosca
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Thu, 03/22/07 2:30 PM
Well don't they put the orphans to work in the kitchen?

(edit:)

Samsummers
  • Total Posts : 31
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 12/28/11 5:36 PM
If you add the milk in a cup with the eggs and mix them they mix smoother for a completely uniform scrambled egg no whits parts just all yellow

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9575
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 12/28/11 6:32 PM
  1. IMPORTANT- Eggs should be at room temperature.
  2. Heat a non-stick OR Seasoned Omelet pan to Med-Hi Heat.
  3. Add 1 TBSP Water for every 2 Large or Ex Lg eggs in a bowl.
  4. Put a thin coat of Olive Oil in the pan; let it heat up.
  5. Beat eggs with a wisk to get air in them
  6. Pour eggs into pan. The water in the eggs hits the hot oil in the pan causing the eggs to bubble & fluff up.
  7. Swish the eggs around to get the uncooked eggs to the edge and give body to your eggs.
  8. Turn the heat down and scramble if you want scrambled eggs or add filling and flip 1/2 of eggs over top of filling.
  9. Turn off heat, remove from burner and let sit to desired doneness. The eggs will continue to cook off the heat.
  10. Result? Nice fluffy scrambled eggs or omelet!
<message edited by Foodbme on Wed, 12/28/11 6:41 PM>

claracamille
  • Total Posts : 414
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 9:40 AM
When making scrambled eggs I always never knew exactly how long to whip the eggs.  I got a hint from watching America's Test Kitchen- whip eggs 70 times.  Eggs are always completely yellow, no white remaining, perfect.

scrumptiouschef
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 11:04 AM
I've cooked a few thousand eggs in my life as a chef. I've worked for two breakfast houses that were extremely busy + I love eggs and cook them at home 7 days a week. Here's the guide http://www.scrumptiousche...Ever-Put-in-Your-Mouth
if you don't have the time to click through. The basics:
good eggs
heavy cream
good butter [I use Parma]
whip the eggs with the cream
melt the butter
pour the egg/cream mix in
cook til they're as done as you like
hopefully a few of the 2000 plus people that read the article I wrote gave this method a shot.
It is still the finest recipe I've ever tried.
Water's for drinking, not for scrambling eggs

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7608
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 2:10 PM
I always add milk or half and half.

If you read all over the IHOP menu, somewhere you'll see a notation that....  They add their pancake mix to the omelets.

Carb counters beware!

Foodbme
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 3:48 PM
Scrumptious,
Your recipe calls for Parmigiano Reggiano butter!
I've not heard of or seen it. Sounds terrific!
Do you make it yourself? If so, recipe please!

Tampico
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 4:51 PM
2 extra large eggs room temperature.
1 tablespoon grated hard butter
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Heavy pinch old bay

Mix eggs, mustard, and old bay thourghly. Grate in butter and add to medium high nonstick skillet and continue to mix and until desired doness.

Another method:
1 hardboiled egg yolk, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, 1 tablespoon water. Mix into a paste. Add to 3 eggs and mix thourghly. Add 2 tablespoons grated butter with a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook in medium high nonstick skillet.

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7608
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 6:18 PM
Hi Tampico,

Are your recipes for scrambled eggs?  I've never thought of using mustard although I love it in Deviled Eggs.

Welcome to Roadfood!

Tampico
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 6:39 PM
Yes they are both scrambled egg recipes. But you can make an omelet as well.

Foodbme
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 02/19/12 6:59 PM
mar52

Hi Tampico,
Are your recipes for scrambled eggs?  I've never thought of using mustard although I love it in Deviled Eggs.
Welcome to Roadfood!

I use dry mustard when making Egg Salad as well as Deviled Eggs. Sounds plausible for use in other egg dishes.

Michael Hoffman
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 10:13 AM
Foodbme

Scrumptious,

Parma butter is Burro di Parma -- just butter from Parma, not Parmigiano Reggiano.

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 11:01 AM
I use a tablespoon of half and half for two eggs and mix along with salt and pepper. At least 1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter melted and bubbly in a 6in pan.
Cook over medium heat moving the eggs constantly. Very fluffy and light.

kevincad
  • Total Posts : 399
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 11:45 AM
claracamille

When making scrambled eggs I always never knew exactly how long to whip the eggs.  I got a hint from watching America's Test Kitchen- whip eggs 70 times.  Eggs are always completely yellow, no white remaining, perfect.

For a very fluffy and thick omelet, first seperate eggs, beat egg whites until very frothy, then fold in the beaten yolks. Makes a really thick impressive omelet!

Foodbme
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 1:35 PM
Michael Hoffman

Foodbme

Scrumptious,

Parma butter is Burro di Parma -- just butter from Parma, not Parmigiano Reggiano.

In his Blog he says Parmigiano Reggiano but in his RF post he just says Parma. Thanks for clearing that up although the thought of  having a butter that includes the beloved cheese sounds intriguing. Bet it would be good on steamed veggies and other stuff.

ALLGOOD
  • Total Posts : 167
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 2:11 PM
We once had to use Miller Lite instead of milk.  We were ice fishing.  It actually worked.  Unfortunately we also didn't have any utensils to eat with so we had to use Ranch flavored Doritos.  I was just dating my husband at the time....and yes I still married this lovable, unprepared soul.  .  and, yes, I do ALL the cooking now.

Michael Hoffman
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 2:25 PM
I always add milk (unless I happen to have some cream) to my eggs when I beat them to make scrambled eggs. With omelets I add a teaspoon of water.

scrumptiouschef
  • Total Posts : 641
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 5:31 PM
sorry
for the mixup y'all. More on Parma butter http://www.delitia.com/prodotti/butter.aspx

if you're in Austin you can buy this nectar at Central Mkt.

It is divine and makes fine scrambled eggs

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 5:34 PM
Mr. Hoffman is correct in the way scrambled eggs should be made. Milk/cream for scrambled, water for omelettes.

ALLGOOD
  • Total Posts : 167
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 02/20/12 5:48 PM
10-4 on the water for omelettes.  Three eggs, three tablespoons of water, beat up good makes for a nice omelet. 

apul
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 02/21/12 6:52 AM
It's all about the heat.  Low heat and taking the time to keep 'em moving makes for a great scrambled egg. Heck. I add tomato 

Big_g
  • Total Posts : 334
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 02/21/12 12:40 PM
Try 3 eggs, 2-3 splashs of tabasco, and a fork full of miracle whip, beaten well and used for the base of an omlet...very tasty.

fishtaco
  • Total Posts : 742
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 02/21/12 1:57 PM
apul

It's all about the heat.  Low heat and taking the time to keep 'em moving makes for a great scrambled egg. Heck. I add tomato 

Agree 101%. Low and slow about 225.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 02/21/12 7:35 PM
From the responses, I would eat anybody's eggs here!!!!!

bartl
  • Total Posts : 1209
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Wed, 02/22/12 8:25 PM
When visiting Mont St. Michel, I took a look in the windows of the kitchens, and copied what I saw. I use either half and half or sour cream (just a little in either case), whip the eggs into a froth, and pour into a buttered saute pan (medium heat). I wait one minute, then start using a narrow spatula to lift up a small part, then tilt the pan to let the liquid egg flow in. I continue around and around, until no more egg will flow. Then I add ingredients to the center, fold in half, brown a little on both sides, and eat immediately.

Bart

carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 07/22/12 7:47 AM
I probably add cream or half and half more often than not.  I like my scrambled eggs either way.

Root-Beer Man
  • Total Posts : 331
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 07/22/12 5:03 PM
I usually add a splash of milk for scrambled or omelets. I might use cream if I have any on hand and want something rich, but usually the milk will do. Has to have a bit of fat in it, too. Skim won't do.

fishtaco
  • Total Posts : 742
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Mon, 07/23/12 1:59 PM
I prefer to add a bit of sour cream.

gostillerz
  • Total Posts : 218
RE: to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 07/24/12 11:30 AM
I don't add milk or water. I crack them in the pan, then scramble them so there's bits of white and yellow. And always take them off before they're done. They'll firm up on the plate.

californyguy
  • Total Posts : 513
Re:to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 07/24/12 1:52 PM
I seldom add milk ,but do like to add cheese to scrambeled eggs ,which is a form of milk of course. I like to chop some good cheddar into small cubes (how much depends on how porky I feel that morning) and slowy cook the mixture in a bit of butter until parts of the  melted cheese just begin to turn a little brown..mmmmmm 

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:to add milk or not to eggs... - Tue, 07/24/12 11:17 PM
I would never eat scrambled eggs as a kid. They were "gross". As an adult, I found out why--THE MILK.

I'm not Hispanic--my Italian grama NEVER added milk. She would melt the butter in the pan, scramble up an egg or two & when the butter was hot & just turned brown, she would add them to her cast iron pan & scramble them until done with a fork. Those scrambled eggs I will eat until the end of time. If I run out of butter I've used safflower oil in a pinch. (we never use olive oil for anything other than salad, it's got too low of a smoke point.)

My favorite part of this thread was all the "rules" for eggs.

love2bake
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re:to add milk or not to eggs... - Sat, 07/28/12 6:45 PM
I'm not a milk or cream in scrambled eggs fan, but people do seem to expect it, and it softens them a bit. 

What I love is cooking them in bacon fat instead of butter.

stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:to add milk or not to eggs... - Sun, 07/29/12 2:29 AM
^^that is another tasty way. Mix some vegetables in, put the heat on low & cover the pan. Add cheese in about 5 minutes & cover again. My grandfather's favorite.

marzsit
  • Total Posts : 343
Re:to add milk or not to eggs... - Sat, 08/4/12 8:10 AM
i'm european (hungary/yugoslavia/germany) and none of my relatives have ever added milk or cream to scrambled eggs. they do, however, like their scrambled eggs very runny, which i don't..........

bacon grease was always preferred over butter.

my favorite way to make scrambled eggs is to melt butter or bacon grease in a double boiler, beat the eggs heavily in a bowl using a whisk or electric blender, cook until the eggs are set but still soft.

omelets are a different manner. i like cast iron, and i have a lodge "chef's skillet" just for making omelets. it has sloping sides like a conventional omelet pan, not the sharp corner at the bottom that a skillet has.. beat the eggs as above and cook using butter or bacon grease until very lightly browned.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 63