The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Firearm lovers.

Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > >> | Showing page 32 of 42, messages 931 to 960 of 1253
ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 12:50 PM (permalink)
Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17855
    RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 2:31 PM (permalink)
    Hmm. A six by five elk. Better bring a few coolers.

Sundancer7

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 3:52 PM (permalink)
      A very beautiful place to hunt.  I am glad you got some awesome pork and good luck with the ribs, sausage and pork belly.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 4:37 PM (permalink)
        Lunch today was our first testing of the meat from the hunt.  4 Racks of Ribs, minus a few bones damaged by my killing shot in the ribcage.

Looking..and even better   tasting great...

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 7:18 PM (permalink)
          Fantastic looking food.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6259
            RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sun, 09/16/12 11:04 PM (permalink)
            Al, that looks absolutely delicious!

Hot Dog Empire

• Total Posts: 175
              RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Mon, 09/17/12 2:05 PM (permalink)
              Looks awesome Al! How long did you smoke them for?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Mon, 09/17/12 4:46 PM (permalink)
                Neighbor did them in a wet smoker for 12 hours.  They tasted as good as they look.

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                  RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Tue, 09/25/12 3:16 PM (permalink)
                  All matching numbers and all from the original descendants Family. 

Michael Hoffman

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Tue, 09/25/12 4:29 PM (permalink)
                    Beautiful! 1860.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Wed, 09/26/12 12:25 AM (permalink)
                      WOW !  What a find !  Russ, what can you tell  us of that gun's history?

A brief report on the Pork-curing progress.
                          We did a one week cure and smoke treatment on the Jowl Bacon and one large piece of Pork Belly (15 lbs). The Jowl came out very heavy on the salt. it will serve as base meet for Jan's beans, but is too salty for use even as Jerky.  The Pork Belly is not as salty. We just got our slicer yesterday and will put it into operation today. That will give us a taste of the milder inside meat to get a real 'quality check'. The outer bark is good, but still  strong, Photos coming shortly.  We will do one piece of pork loin as Canadian Bacon in the next try on the pork belly.

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                        RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Wed, 09/26/12 7:00 AM (permalink)
                        mayor al

WOW !  What a find !  Russ, what can you tell  us of that gun's history?

A brief report on the Pork-curing progress.
                           We did a one week cure and smoke treatment on the Jowl Bacon and one large piece of Pork Belly (15 lbs). The Jowl came out very heavy on the salt. it will serve as base meet for Jan's beans, but is too salty for use even as Jerky.  The Pork Belly is not as salty. We just got our slicer yesterday and will put it into operation today. That will give us a taste of the milder inside meat to get a real 'quality check'. The outer bark is good, but still  strong, Photos coming shortly.  We will do one piece of pork loin as Canadian Bacon in the next try on the pork belly.

One of my service providers cousin needed money for their 16 year old Daughter's Birthday Party. I had bought an XDM and a Ruger SR9 last year and asked me if I was interested. Pawn Shop offered $700 so I gave $800. Its a tough economy so a lot of deals out there. The revolver is super tight and is in great condition considering it was a Cavalry Officers. The Buckle is in amazing shape. I am going to send it to this guy to certify it.  http://www.johnakopec.com/ I was going to send it to Colt but people have told me to send it to him. It was made in 1862.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                          RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 09/27/12 11:00 AM (permalink)
                          You certainly picked a fine gun .  Let us know what the report on history confirms, please.
                          AL

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                            RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Tue, 10/2/12 8:32 PM (permalink)
                            Time for an Armory update. Been busy making Bacon, and trying to complete the big Smokehouse, but the trade operation is going well too.

New additions
                            A Ruger Mini-14 with folding stock. Not sure if I like the folder..seems to be a bit shakey, but that is probably me not the gun.

I bought a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39mm a couple of weeks ago. Finally got some CZ scope Rings and mounted a scope on it. Paul you should recognize that scope it was on one of your guns last year.  Anyway the CZ is a real Tack-driver  at this point.

Today we got a Ruger Model 77/44 Bolt action Carbine (44 Magnum) It is going to get 'dressed over this Fall and probably be my Indiana Deer gun, since Janet has taken over the semi-auto Ruger 44 mag Carbine for her hunting use. 

As an aside. I had a Ruger 10/22 closet queen sitting around. I decided she needs new furniture, so this Revolution Thumbhole Stock is on the way. watch for the before and after photos in a week or so

Sundancer7

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Wed, 10/3/12 7:28 AM (permalink)
                              Al:  Beautiful stock.  I sure do like the way they layer the wood and  finish it out.  Beautiful piece of art.  I did recoginize the scope.

Paul E. smith
                              Knoxville, TN

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Wed, 10/3/12 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                Paul they make some exotic versions of that stock. here are a couple of examples...a bit to bright for me !

Purple-

Cayenne-

I do like the wood-grain of the brown stock...

But I settled on this Woodland Camo version- 

<message edited by mayor al on Wed, 10/3/12 1:06 PM>

Sundancer7

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Wed, 10/3/12 2:29 PM (permalink)
                                  Al:  I like the one you picked out the best.

Paul E. Smith
                                  Knoxville, TN

eruby

• Total Posts: 587
                                    • Location: Carroll County, People's Republic of Maryland
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 10/4/12 2:04 PM (permalink)
                                    Never been a fan of folders, Mr. Mayor, but I love the Mini-14!

Michael Hoffman

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 10/4/12 2:35 PM (permalink)
                                      I don't know Mr. Mayor -- purple seems to have your essence down pat.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 10/4/12 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                        Be careful what you say, M H. I could send a cataloge full of these Exotics to Mrs M H and there goes your gun-money !! 

Michael Hoffman

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 10/4/12 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                          Um, I take it back.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
                                            RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Thu, 10/4/12 7:36 PM (permalink)
                                            I know you don't shoot for pretty...but the purple gun is the prettiest gun I ever saw!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                              RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 10:31 AM (permalink)
                                              The Purple gunstock would be great 'Camo' for a well-armed Easter Bunny... or a nurse who hunts in her Scrubs !!

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3219
                                                • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 10:47 AM (permalink)
                                                mayor al

Purple-

I recognize that stock....it's the famous SMURF STOCK.

Michael Hoffman

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 10:53 AM (permalink)
                                                  Fact is, I've seen stocks, receivers and barrels that color at the National Matches at Camp Perry.

chicagostyledog

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 11:07 AM (permalink)
                                                    Michael Hoffman

Fact is, I've seen stocks, receivers and barrels that color at the National Matches at Camp Perry.

Facts be known, Barney purple and firearms, to me, is like corned beef on white bread with mayo.

Michael Hoffman

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 11:50 AM (permalink)
                                                      chicagostyledog

Michael Hoffman

Facts be known, Barney purple and firearms, to me, is like corned beef on white bread with mayo.

Funny you should mention that. I was telling someone just the other say about an experience I had at a Holiday Inn in Charleston, West Virginia back in 1965. I was in the restaurant and ordered the "Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich." It came on white bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.

chicagostyledog

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 12:03 PM (permalink)
                                                        Michael Hoffman

chicagostyledog

Michael Hoffman

Funny you should mention that. I was telling someone just the other say about an experience I had at a Holiday Inn in Charleston, West Virginia back in 1965. I was in the restaurant and ordered the "Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich." It came on white bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.

YUCK! It probably was served with double fat. BTW, some of the best deli's are in Ohio. I was in Columbus last March and couldn't believe how much corned beef is sold.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                          RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Fri, 10/5/12 3:52 PM (permalink)
                                                          Since I can claim Columbus as my Place of Birth, I naturally feel the pride in the positive comments about the food there. Truth is, I know nothing about my city of origin, except we try to pass thru it on our way to our family historic area N E of the city.

Now. To put to rest the "Purple Haze"
                                                          Here are a "BEFORE  AND  AFTER" photo of my alternate Ruger 10/22 rifle.  Photo 1 shows the rifle in it's factory stock.  And Photo 2 shows it in it's new custom stock.  It took about 5 minutes and some tapping here and there, but it did fit without any modification. The shooting test will be coming later today.

Photo 1

And after the cocoon falls away,  Photo 2-

Scope mounting will be coming soon. I am pleased with the handling of the new stock. It does fit well.

<message edited by mayor al on Fri, 10/5/12 3:56 PM>

chicagostyledog

RE: Firearm lovers mailbox Sat, 10/6/12 12:10 AM (permalink)
                                                            mayor al

I approve. Very nice!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..31323334353637383940.. > >> | Showing page 32 of 42, messages 931 to 960 of 1253

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com