Friday- Kentucky Oaks Day (the Day before the Derby)...I headed over to Costco thinking the traffic thru town would be thick and slow, and that the Derby Party People would be stocking up on all the goodies they will share tomorrow.
Not So... Looked like 9am on a Sunday Morning, very quiet on the road and even quieter at costco. I think the Louisville folks haven't got the message yet !! And We may talk here, but I am not yelling at the neighbors to fill the place up. ANYway here is the 'stuff' I got today. Nothing new or super special...just refilling the supplies, except for the cake.
1. Choc Sheet Cake (Derby Decorations) for Jan's Church lunch Sunday. Choc cake, choc and colored decorations, filled with choc Mousse. $15.99
2. 3 Servings Salmon Filets stuffed with Crabmeat- $13.30
3. Kirtland Sliced Sandwich Ham two 2 lb packages-$7.89
4. Kirtland Thick Sliced maple-Bacon two 2 lb Pkg $10.59
5. One 4 lb bag "3-Berries" frozen Blue-Rasp-Marion Berries $9.99
6. 1 6 pk Skaggs "Steak-Chili" (cans) $7.49
7. One 6 pk Kirtland Eggbeaters- (16oz 'box') $6.79
8. One pkg Ground Chuck $13.84
9. One Veggie Tray (for Church Lunch) grape tomatoes, Snow Peas, Sweet Peppers (tiny various colors), mini-carrots, Santa Fe Dip (spicy-thousand) $14.99
Just a typical medium grocery run. Thought you might like to see what keeps the Mayor slim and trim!!