Mail-order coffeecake?

Junior Burger
2007/05/13 14:00:33
Any suggestions/experiences with mail-order coffeecakes. I'm aware of Zingerman's but wonder if there are other bakers that offer coffeecakes by mail. Thanks.
lisajocole
Hamburger
RE: Mail-order coffeecake? 2007/05/17 15:39:08
Cake . . .

When I saw your post, I remembered enjoying a fabulous cinnamon walnut coffee cake a few years ago from a mail order company called My Grandma's of New England. The website is mygrandma.com. Our office received one as a gift, and the girls gobbled it up quick-like! I have ordered several as gifts for others, always to enthusiastic thanks. In fact, I might just order one myself today, maybe the Granny Smith. Oooh, a hot cup of coffee and a nice slice of coffee cake - sounds good right about now! :-) Mangia!

Lisa
nicolem
Cheeseburger
RE: Mail-order coffeecake? 2007/07/26 07:58:42
quote:
Originally posted by lisajocole

Cake . . .

When I saw your post, I remembered enjoying a fabulous cinnamon walnut coffee cake a few years ago from a mail order company called My Grandma's of New England. The website is mygrandma.com. Our office received one as a gift, and the girls gobbled it up quick-like! I have ordered several as gifts for others, always to enthusiastic thanks. In fact, I might just order one myself today, maybe the Granny Smith. Oooh, a hot cup of coffee and a nice slice of coffee cake - sounds good right about now! :-) Mangia!

Lisa

My Grandma's are very good. Here in New Hampshire they sell them in the grocery store.
lisajocole
Hamburger
RE: Mail-order coffeecake? 2007/07/26 09:53:40
Lucky you, Nicolem!

In fact, I'm drinking a nice cup 'o joe right now, but I don't have any cake to go with it! Dang!

Cakespy
Junior Burger
RE: Mail-order coffeecake? 2007/09/08 10:27:33
Another suggestion would be Zabar's in NYC--they have a website where you can order several types of NY Crumb cake online, and I can attest to the fact that they have a perfect brown-sugar crumb with a great consistency.