COWS ice cream from Prince Edward Island

Fire Safety Admin
2003/08/13 13:09:34
I recently was in Prince Edward Island in the Maritime Providences. Beautiful island and it seems that potatoes and the dairy business is one of the main sources of income.

I made a stop at the Confederation Bridge and they have a beautiful shopping area called the Gateway Village. Very new with a beautiful view of the bridge which is close to 12 kilometers long and connects PEI to NB.

One of the neat shops there was COWS ice cream. High fat content. I got grape which is unusual for me as I always prefer vanilla. Real good and reminded me of when I use to mix Nehi grape over a nickle cup of ice cream back when I carried papers on my bike around 1950. I had to mix it with a wooden spoon that was provided.

COWS had a huge variety of ice cream and they did a huge business in their T shirts.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
harriet1954
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: COWS ice cream from Prince Edward Island 2003/09/28 16:05:50
We were there in '94 at one in Charlottetown. I remember the ice cream being very good, and still have a t-shirt, a square pin and square magnet with cute sayings on them.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: COWS ice cream from Prince Edward Island 2003/10/02 18:26:08
quote:
Originally posted by shaynas_mom

We were there in '94 at one in Charlottetown. I remember the ice cream being very good, and still have a t-shirt, a square pin and square magnet with cute sayings on them.

They have wonderful ice cream with a very high butterfat, but I think they sell more COW merchandise than they do ice cream. I stopped at the new bridge at a beautiful shopping area overlooking the bridge.

Great liquor store there but it was expensive.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
The-Porcus
Junior Burger
RE: COWS ice cream from Prince Edward Island 2003/10/04 17:46:12
This is most gratiftying - I'm from PEI originally and my father was an early contributer to the launch of Cows. It is good but quite pricey. They have a store now in Vancouver, British Columbia and in Halifax as well as on "the island".