Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves

Junior Burger
2003/08/21 12:25:52
The newest innovation from KFC, ignore the bad TV commercials..but this recipe is actually a variation on one of MRS. SANDERS original recipes...

The Boneless BBQ Wings are definetly the best chicken nugget/tenders that you will find in fast food today, and so far the franchises have been doing very well in preserving the test/quality of these fine pieces.

100% White meat, with a nice crispy/airy breading, and wonderful secret BBQ sauce.

I definetly reccomend these to anyone looking to fall back in love with KFC.
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/11/19 16:49:01
Just for fun, on vacation two years ago, my wife and son and I went to KFC (we never go to fast-food chain restaurants, normally). My review is two words: greasy junk. I'd never go back. Then again, I didn't try the BBQ wings.
Lone Star
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/11/19 17:09:42
The best place in the world to eat KFC is in Estes Park Colorado. Buy your chicken and sit out at the picnic tables in that wonderful air with a breathtaking view of the Front range.

Somehow, it just tastes right there.
Pwingsx
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/11/19 18:37:27
You really think it's that great? I know we always took picnics up to Estes Park -- with six kids, it was far too expensive to be buying fast food -- even thirty years ago.
Loudawgg
Junior Burger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/11/20 02:28:44
I like KFC Bonless BBQ wings but they seem to be pricey for the portion if you ask me.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/11/20 04:24:42
KFC has always been pricey, right now you can get a 12 pc bucket for 9.99. That is the best price I've ever seen from them.

I have 2 KFC buffets around me. I will do one of them every 3 months or so. Get my fill and then forget them until next craving.

MikeS.
danimal15
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 10:08:44
I can't believe we're talking about KFC on this site. Isn't eating at KFC the antithesis of everything roadfood is supposed to be about? The whole idea of roadfood, as far as I'm concerned, is helping people find places to eat so they don't get stuck at a fast-food chain. KFC serves up greasy junk. So do all the chain fried chicken restaurants. And the chain hamburger places, pizza places, etc. I recommend that everyone read "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser to get the facts behind these ubiquitous fry pits.
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 10:50:04
I like the buckets at KFC .... they make great hats !!!

And, I don't think any food or food place is off limits here ... If you want to discuss it then post about it. People have the choice of posting or ignoring it and moving on !! NO need to be critical of someone that chooses to post !
Gator
Junior Burger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 11:43:34
Actually, Danimal's perfectly entitled to express shock and amazement that people bother to discuss KFC at Roadfood, which is, according to the home page, a "site devoted exclusively to finding the most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America." Yes, of course, people are free to post most anything they want (including recipes for "white chili," clothier), but there's no guarantee you won't get called on it.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 11:46:59
quote:
Originally posted by Gator

Actually, Danimal's perfectly entitled to express shock and amazement that people bother to discuss KFC at Roadfood

I absolutely agree with you Gator 100%. Just like there are those on this board who decide to trash a specific restaurant or who underates a specific local cuisine. Some may take offense to that. However I believe we are entitled to express our opinions without offensive personal remarks to others on this board.
danimal15
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 13:50:45
I don't feel offended - your point is well taken. People can discuss whatever they want to on this site. I'm just a little confused why KFC is a topic people want to discuss. But I agree about Strouds being far away and sometimes just needing some fried chicken. I used to like Brown's chicken a lot, but I don't see too many of those around these days.

Dan
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 13:52:59
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

Lighten up Danimal.
If my choice was KFC or Strouds, I'd pick Strouds. But KC is a long way from Michigan. So I KFC it now and again.

KC may be too far, however Indianapolis is a helluva lot closer. Perhaps a weekend trip and a visit to Dodd's or Hollyhock Hill will satisfy the craving.
Donna Douglass
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 13:55:46
Reading all these various comments has been a learning experience for me and one that I am grateful for. Everyone has so much to contribute, be their opinions pro or con, but interesting nonetheless. It is a shame when the comments get a wee bit personal.

I dislike most fast food chains and really like others for various reasons. I love White Castles because, being nearly as old as they are, I relate to my childhood when Dad couldn't afford many White Castles, just five at a time (four of us and he got the extra one because he was buying) and they were such a treat, so I still love them for that reason. I love Steak and Shake burgers because they are thin and remind me of delicious thin burgers I used to get at Lazarus Grill Room in downtown Columbus, large, thin and covered with sweet pickle relish. The Grill Room was one of our lunch destinations when I worked in downtown Columbus. There again, Steak and Shake burgers remind me of my youth. But I certainly honor those who love other chains, or dislike them, as the case may be, as we have free will and can choose what we like.

Please everyone, continue to be the friendly, good natured group of "friends" as you have demonstrated to be in lo, these many posts. Love reading them, and sometimes partaking by replying.

Donna
Gator
Junior Burger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 14:14:37
If you are talking to me, clothier, that wasn't an insult. I was commenting on how danimal is entitled, short of ad hominem attacks, to express strong condemnation of KFC without being patronizingly told to "lighten up." Especially on this site, of all places.

My aside to you was meant to suggest that, after the thrashing you administered to that poor "white chili" schmuck, you should probably cut danimal some slack for what you might have perceived as criticism of others.

If that caused offense, accept my apologies.

Gator
Junior Burger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 14:53:04
Clothier, I enjoy your posts, particularly the memorable bad Thanksgiving one. I just saw this situation differently.

As for me, I'm lucky to eat fried chicken once a year: at the Bon Ton Mini Mart outside of Henderson, KY, on the way to see my Indiana kinfolks over the holidays.

Sincere regards,
danimal15
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/04 15:32:47
Just hope I didn't offend anyone. I certainly didn't mean to. I can get kind of opinionated at times.

Brown's Chicken (the slogan used to be "it tastes better") was second only to KFC in number of franchises around Chicagoland in the early 1980s, at least by my estimation. The chicken was a lot less greasy and more flavorful than KFC's. It offered its chicken in baskets instead of buckets - one could order the "bounty basket," for instance, which included chicken and various sides.

The name eventually changed to Brown's Chicken and Pasta - I guess they were trying to sound healthier.

In 1993, in the Chicago suburb of Palatine, seven Brown's Chicken workers were murdered in their restaurant during a robbery that took place after it closed. I believe someone was finally arrested last year after years of it being an open case.

At one point, there was a Brown's Chicken kitty corner from Wrigley Field. The building now houses a Taco Bell.

I know of only a couple Brown's Chicken restaurants still running. One is in Highland Park, where I live. The other is in Skokie. One of these days I'll go see if it's any good.

Dan
danimal15
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/05 10:45:05
Clothier:

Having not been to Brown's in 15 years, I certainly can't recommend it. If you find one and it's good, let me know.

The best fried chicken I've found around Chicago (and there's very little of it) is at White Fence Farms in Lemont (see my other message under the chicken forum), and the chicken wings at Leon's BBQ - various locations on the South Side. A place called Glady's on Indiana Ave. also was good 10 years ago, but I haven't been back there since then. Guess I need to plan a visit.

By the way, I've never had white chili, but at home we make chili out of turkey, not beef. I know that's not the traditional way, but it's far healthier and we've grown to enjoy it a lot over the years.

Dan
Jennie
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/06 20:38:31
quote:
Originally posted by danimal15

I'm just a little confused why KFC is a topic people want to discuss.

You know, I hate to point this out, Dan, but it was you who resurrected this thread from the back burner where it had sat since it's initial posting in August . . .
JimInKy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/06 23:47:40
The Colonel was very embarassed by what became of his company. He finally complained publicly about the quality of the chicken, which led to a row with KFC. In frustration, he explored founding a new chicken company, but was legally precluded from doing so. I don't remember the details very clearly, but I think his sell out prevented him from ever competing with the new owners.

When the Colonel was starting out and just franchising his chicken, there were places that did a great job with it. My mother who made wonderful pan fried chicken liked a Lexington, Ky. place that made chicken his way. It was located where Midland Avenue meets Main Street.

There's a review on this site of a Shelbyville, Ky. restaurant founded by Colonel Sander's wife. Claudia Sanders Dinner House was originally called The Colonel's Lady, and a college friend worked there while a high school student. The Colonel awarded scholarships to some employees and D. was one of the beneficiaries. Colonel Sanders had an imimitable way of doing things and that applied to these grants.

D. showed me a copy of the Colonel's letter directing the university to bill him for her expenses. I remember he paid full tuition and room and board so long as D. kept decent grades and deported herself as a proper young woman. There was wording that promised the scholarship for four years, so long as D. didn't drink, smoke tobacco or use bad language.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/08 17:03:28
quote:
Originally posted by scbuzz

I like the buckets at KFC .... they make great hats !!!

SC, somehow, I can picture you with an inverted Colonel's bucket on your head!

Just hope you remembered to remove the chicken first. " />
Cosmos
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/08 18:24:48
[quoteAt one point, there was a Brown's Chicken kitty corner from Wrigley Field. The building now houses a Taco Bell.

I used to go that Browns every now and then, usually when I had the munchies. Browns catered to a differnt chicken fan, they had fried gizzards, and you could get yesterdays leftover chicken from the cooler, if you liked cold. Fries cooked in chicken fat were awsome.

They had one across the street from where I worked downtown (Lake and Wells, I think) where you could order a glass of wine or beer with your chicken....lets see the Colonel top that HA!

Then there was the one near Cabrini Green (or was that a Church's) that had the bullet proof glass and the lazy susan vending window...

howard8
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/09 09:32:12
Literally once every ten years I succomb to the notion that KFC actually tastes good. I order a bucket and me and my wife or girlfriend (depending on the decade) go for it. After two or three pieces we just don't understand how people can eat KFC once a week. We really get nauseated. Are we the only ones? I love fried chicken. Make it myself and eat it out. It just seems the KFC's in Northwest Jersey have this sickening effect.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/09 09:49:09
quote:
Originally posted by howard8

Literally once every ten years I succomb to the notion that KFC actually tastes good. I order a bucket and me and my wife or girlfriend (depending on the decade) go for it. After two or three pieces we just don't understand how people can eat KFC once a week. We really get nauseated. Are we the only ones? I love fried chicken. Make it myself and eat it out. It just seems the KFC's in Northwest Jersey have this sickening effect.

I haven't had "sludge in a bucket" in years. I always head down to the Richmond VA area whenever I'm in the mood for good fried chicken or bbq for that matter. I consider Richmond to be the closest "gateway" to the South, although rightfully so, some may deem Fredericksburg with that honor. Either way, it appears the North ends and the South begins around exit 150 on I-95 in Virginia at the outskirts of the DC metro area where the HOV lanes end.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/09 21:18:09
In my opinion KFC has improved its act over the last few years. Quite frankly I enjoy KFY extra crispy thighs and with a side of cole slaw and potatoes with gravy.

I recoginize that there is better, but it is hard to find.

If you can get KFC out of fryer, it is excellent. Maybe all the franchisee's aint got it together, but I have found several that do.
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
2005Equinox
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/14 03:09:21
KFC is a hit or miss here in northeast Wisconsin. But more times than not it is so-so. I will go to The Skyview Club and get one of the best chicken dinners made. Culvers is good too though a bit pricy. The Chester Frieds here are good too.
danimal15
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/16 12:06:36
"Then there was the one near Cabrini Green (or was that a Church's) that had the bullet proof glass and the lazy susan vending window..."

That was a Church's - I passed it many times but never stopped there. Later it became a pizzeria. It was torn down years ago and there's now a park at the site. Most of Cabrini Green south of Division Street has been torn down, and good riddance. Unfortunately, many of the sterile 1960's public housing highrises remain north of Division, and from the looks of them I imagine life there remains rough.

UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2003/12/31 15:05:51
quote:

My personal task for the holiday break (our factories shut down the last weeks of the year, so I basically have two weeks off) is to master the art of frying chicken. I've done it (yes, I have a lodge cast iron skillet) but never to my satisfaction, and that's my holiday plan. That and velveta fudge.

Clothier... Your couple weeks are up! Did ya master that fried chicken yet? :)
JimInKy
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/01/01 05:34:42
quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

...I consider Richmond to be the closest "gateway" to the South, although rightfully so, some may deem Fredericksburg with that honor. Either way, it appears the North ends and the South begins around exit 150 on I-95 in Virginia at the outskirts of the DC metro area where the HOV lanes end.

"The majority of Virginians look at anything that goes on north of the Rappahannock with suspicion.'

- quoted from The Nine Nations of North America by Joel Garreau.

Cakes
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/01/01 09:33:02
quote:
Originally posted by JimInKy

quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

...I consider Richmond to be the closest "gateway" to the South, although rightfully so, some may deem Fredericksburg with that honor. Either way, it appears the North ends and the South begins around exit 150 on I-95 in Virginia at the outskirts of the DC metro area where the HOV lanes end.

"The majority of Virginians look at anything that goes on north of the Rappahannock with suspicion.'

- quoted from The Nine Nations of North America by Joel Garreau.

The South also ends somewhere in northern Florida.
Acuff-12
Hamburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/01/02 14:43:32
has anyone eaten in Bojangles Chicken? I feel they are a lot better than KFC. Most are in the south, but some have creeped northward.(there are about 3 or 4 in Maryland on the eastern part of the beltway, (I 95). The website has locations. They also have real sweet tea, the only place you can get it in the area.
http://www.bojangles.com/bojangles/intro/index.html

Matt
olphart
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/01/05 10:50:36
Let me pose a question for you other old farts out there.

I think it was in the early 60s that a place opened in Houston called The Bluegrass Inn (on W. Gray for any locals out there). I’m not sure of the full menu because we always had the same thing. They had an all-you-can-eat offering of either chicken or shrimp for $1.95. I liked shrimp, but the chicken was so tasty and unlike any I had ever had before, so I would always order the chicken.

That restaurant closed, and not long after a chain of chicken places opened called Heart’s Chicken. The sign had the word “Heart’s” over (what else?) a large red heart. The chicken there tasted just like the chicken at Bluegrass Inn.

Then Heart’s closed and Kentucky Fried Chicken joints began to appear with the same style chicken – or at least it seemed to be. I can’t find a connection between these restaurants, so I was wondering if any of y’all know if they are related somehow.

Thanx,
Pete
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/02 20:03:37
And what the hey is Kitchen Fresh Chicken? I'd hope it would be!
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/14 15:45:01
the farthest north i have seen bojangles is louisvlle. i like their dirty rice. as for kfc, has anyone noticed that the kfc in hollywood,ca looks like an abstract chicken from certain angles?
Frankman
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 10:36:19

I agreee that the Boneless BBQ wings are very good, although the sweet sauce gives me some funky heartburn later. Actually, my favorite are the crispy strips. Only they are way too salty.
Having read through most of this thread and seeing how this got so convoluted, I would like to add my two cents.
I feel that Roadfood encompasses many eateries, including chain restaurants. After all, the chains are here because they recognized the need for such places too. I also think that Roadfood and Fastfood are two totally different food worlds.
Roadfood is what you look for during or after a long day (or maybe not) of traveling. Somewhere you want to sit and relax and have a good tasty meal. Relax being the operative word, and the important factor here is that time was bugeted for this event.
Fastfood is a quick meal usually not on the "to due" list. A glue so to speak that has links one event with another. Quality has been sacrificed for time. Quality that the ownwers and maufacturers have tried to replace with more salt and sugar. This makes their product more palatable. And sells more drinks.
Now, from what I've seen of the reviews from all the eateries on this site, I am of the understanding that this site is more devoted to the "great taste" rather that the "less filling" places.
Ok, I'll sum up. I like a quarter pounder w/cheese as well as a New Haven thin crust pizza. I like a deep fried chili dog from the Merritt Canteen as well as the Colonel's strips. Is the quarter pounder any better health wise than the pizza? Nope. So, eat for taste, keep it in moderation, and enjoy this wonderful land of food diversity. The melting pot. Otherwise we will all be at Tiffany Heather Buffy's Bistro eating watercress snadwiches and drinking lemongrass shakes. Yuk!
Hillbilly
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 12:22:05
quote:
Originally posted by Acuff-12

has anyone eaten in Bojangles Chicken? I feel they are a lot better than KFC. Most are in the south, but some have creeped northward.(there are about 3 or 4 in Maryland on the eastern part of the beltway, (I 95). The website has locations. They also have real sweet tea, the only place you can get it in the area.

Matt

And their BISCUITS are the best! When on the road in the South, I always seek out Bojangles for a traveling supply of country ham, sausage, steak and chicken buscuits. I knew the guy who started the Bojangles chain (Jack Fulk from Wilkesboro, NC) and started enjoying their products around 1977 in their first location on South Tryon Street in Charlotte.
Jack had also worked in an early Hardee's franchise and helped pioneer their breakfast biscuit business. Nobody ate burgers for breakfast, so the restaurants were sitting closed and empty in the mornings until they started with the breakfast biscuit.
oldfrt
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 14:11:26
KFC is not bad but my favorite chain is Popeye's which we started eating at in Chicago years ago. Their chicken was crispier and did not seem as dried out as KFC. They have expanded quite a bit and we have one pretty close to our house here outside Denver. We are not chain "addicts" but a quick chicken dinner a half dozen times a year isn't bad.

Taking this subject up one level to good Chicken restaurants, in Michigan I remember the good ones in Frankenmuth, north of Flint. In Wisconsin, Shaeffers in Crivitz north of Green Bay. Both have the best family style dinners on the planet. In Castle Rock Colorado where we live, the Castle Cafe. Denver also has White Fence Farm like the one outside Chicago (Lamont), been to both.

Don

Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 19:24:27
Speaking of Popeye's, this was the only FF restaurant I ever saw mentioned in Gourmet Magazine (although years ago...;)
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 19:28:47
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly

quote:
Originally posted by Acuff-12

Matt

And their BISCUITS are the best! When on the road in the South, I always seek out Bojangles for a traveling supply of country ham, sausage, steak and chicken buscuits. I knew the guy who started the Bojangles chain (Jack Fulk from Wilkesboro, NC) and started enjoying their products around 1977 in their first location on South Tryon Street in Charlotte.
Jack had also worked in an early Hardee's franchise and helped pioneer their breakfast biscuit business. Nobody ate burgers for breakfast, so the restaurants were sitting closed and empty in the mornings until they started with the breakfast biscuit.

Hmmm. Seems just the opposite now. Hardee's in my area might as well close up after breakfast is over...
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 22:36:01
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by clothier

My personal task for the holiday break (our factories shut down the last weeks of the year, so I basically have two weeks off) is to master the art of frying chicken. I've done it (yes, I have a lodge cast iron skillet) but never to my satisfaction, and that's my holiday plan. That and velveta fudge.

Clothier... Your couple weeks are up! Did ya master that fried chicken yet? :)

I missed this, my apologies. I don't think I'd use the term master yet, but it's pretty good. I made it a few weeks ago when my folks and my brother's family was there, and they ate every last piece, so'll I take that as a good sign. Even my kids said it was better than McNuggets, so I don't think there is a higher compliment from a 3 year old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, No higher ranking then being Kid Approved! You've mastered it!
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 22:49:47
All this talk about KFC... They used to be tasty around here, but as someone said earlier, food has become extremely greasy... My thoughts are that they lowered the temps on their pressure fryers to save on energy costs (Thus sealing in the grease vs. the juices)... But then I've always been known as the devils advocate... Or it could be that those geneticlly altered things they call chickens have skin that naturally absorbes grease? hmmmmm... A 3pc Original Dinner with Slaw, Mashed Spuds and Fresh Biscuit does sound good right now!
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/16 23:01:08
quote:
Originally posted by oldfrt

Taking this subject up one level to good Chicken restaurants, in Michigan I remember the good ones in Frankenmuth, north of Flint. ... Both have the best family style dinners on the planet.

You may be thinking of Zehnder's in Frankenmuth. Check out http://www.zehnders.com! I ate there once, and it was very good!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/17 10:56:06
I was in Flint last year and colleagues in our company advised me to try Zehnders which was just up the road a bit. Maybe I hit it lucky. The chicken was excellent and the veggies were super. The place was huge and the town is very festive.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/17 19:42:03
Back to the thread: The Sundancer enjoyed a two piece thigh dinner at KFC with slaw, potatoes with gravy and a bisquit this past Sunday for the NASCAR race where I witnessed Little E winning the race which he dominated the entire week end.

I must truthfully say that I do not know how I could have had a better fast food lunch than what follows:

The chicken was so hot it steamed. So crispy it litterly cracked open and so tasty, the pepper got my tastebuds going. Mashed potatoes were fresh tasting and the gravy over it was wonderful. Their cole slaw is one of my favorites and the bisquit looked wonderful and I gave it away as I was way over my carb limit.

This KFC was in Maryville, TN and it was packed.

It is not easy to buy great fried chicken. I am meeting Pogo, Poverty and JimInKy Friday night for some great fried chicken in Nashville and I will not try to convince you that KFC is better. That day and that time, it was great.

Truthfully
Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN
tiki
Filet Mignon
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/17 21:48:24
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

It is not easy to buy great fried chicken. I am meeting Pogo, Poverty and JimInKy Friday night for some great fried chicken in Nashville and I will not try to convince you that KFC is better. That day and that time, it was great.

Can't ask much more than that from a fast food place!!! I'm sure the Coronel would be pleased!
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/17 22:44:59
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Can't ask much more than that from a fast food place!!! I'm sure the Coronel would be pleased!

Or any place, for that matter. It's like Peter Shickele says about music: "If it sounds good, it IS good". Food's the same way -- if it tastes good to you, then it is good. No matter what anyone else says or thinks...
oldfrt
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/20 23:37:20
Clothier: I remember Tonys!

When we would go to Houghton Lake to fish we would stop there on the way up and have breakfast! What a MEAL! For a couple bucks you got about a half dozen eggs, hash browns and had to be a half pound of bacon, or more, on a platter! What a feast! Thanks for the memory!

As for Zenders, we, as a family enjoyed it. The dinner was good and we liked the Family Style servings.

Take care.

Don
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/21 09:30:22
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Route 11

And what the hey is Kitchen Fresh Chicken? I'd hope it would be!

I had 2 thoughts about this ad campaign.

1) who thought it up, and does he/she still have a job?

2) who approved it, and has he/she been fired yet?

As I said in a usenet group, the ghost of Colonel Sanders needs to haunt the cr*p out of some marketing weenies!

Down here in Atlanta (not sure if we qualify as the South) corporate culture holds full sway to where we give large public venues corporate names...but at least in neighboring Marietta the major landmark is the Big Chicken - a 3-story geometric fowl built some 40 years ago when roadside architecture was interesting. The full name 'Kentucky Fried Chicken' is spelled across it, along with the Pepsi-Cola logo - kind of a black eye to the linchpin company of our state economy.
rbpalmer
Cheeseburger
RE: Kentucky Fried Redeems themselves 2004/02/21 11:03:48
quote:
Originally posted by Tristan Indiana

the farthest north i have seen bojangles is louisvlle. i like their dirty rice. as for kfc, has anyone noticed that the kfc in hollywood,ca looks like an abstract chicken from certain angles?

We have them in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC (Bojangles, that is).