Imperial Wagyu Beef

agnesrob
  • Total Posts : 1790
  • Reward points : 0
Imperial Wagyu Beef - Sun, 09/2/07 9:25 AM
My local Kings Supermarket had this on sale for half price so I picked up a small strip steak for myself and a nice size boneless sirloin for my kids to share. Any advice on preperation? I have no access to a grill but do have a grill pan. I have potatoes baking to make twice baked and some fresh broccoli to round out the meal.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17845
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Sun, 09/2/07 11:31 AM
A little salt a little pepper and do it in your grill pan. The more simply done the better.

JRPfeff
  • Total Posts : 2375
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Sun, 09/2/07 11:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by agnesrob

My local Kings Supermarket had this on sale for half price so I picked up a small strip steak for myself and a nice size boneless sirloin for my kids to share. Any advice on preperation? I have no access to a grill but do have a grill pan. I have potatoes baking to make twice baked and some fresh broccoli to round out the meal.

I think you will love this meat. I grilled American-Kobe fillets and they were the best I have ever eaten.

http://headlessblogger.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-favorite-49.html

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Sun, 09/2/07 5:36 PM
MH is right !

Keep it SIMPLE, and it will be tasty.

I might make a mix of salt, pepper maybe a little garlic powder. Rub the steaks, let stand until the steaks come to room temp before using your grill pan.

Maybe some bleu cheese crumbles over the top??

agnesrob
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Mon, 09/3/07 7:23 AM
I took Michael's advice and took the simple route. The steak was really outstanding. I feel like I should go back today and see if they are still on sale. I think this has ruined me for choice. I have also probably cooked my own goose as far as my kids. They will want steak to taste this good all the time! Reminds me of the time I let my oldest,then 3, try lobster. How cute her father and I thought, look how shes gobbling it down! Now here I am 15 years later with an 18, 16 & 13 year old with expensive taste buds!

JRPfeff
  • Total Posts : 2375
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Mon, 09/3/07 9:43 AM
agnesrob - I'm glad that the grill pan worked successfully. I am a grill-snob, but used to love a pan cooked steak. I may try it again.

My market sells American-Kobe burgers. Do not feed these to your kids unless you want them to develop another expensive taste.

Jim

agnesrob
RE: Imperial Wagyu Beef - Mon, 09/3/07 10:11 AM
Yes, JR I will try not to make that mistake again, although it does my heart good to see them enjoy good food. Since it is too expensive to take all four of us to a fancy restaurent I find that cooking these things at home is a much cheaper alternative. Your pictures on that blog entry were mouthwatering.