Orlando, FL suggestions

ESommer24
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Orlando, FL suggestions - Tue, 03/18/03 11:09 PM
I am traveling to Orlando,FL soon and would like suggestions on places to eat- breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thank you very much!!!

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3699
RE: Orlando, FL suggestions - Tue, 03/25/03 2:07 AM
For lunch -- highly recommended would be the blackened mahi mahi sandwich at the Orlando Ale House. Great place for eats, beer, and sports watching. Family oriented -- more so than your typical sports bar -- with a couple of locations in Orlando.

Enjoy.

OUKate
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Orlando, FL suggestions - Tue, 03/25/03 10:52 PM
The French Onion Soup and Conch fritters at the Ale House are also great. The Ale House on 535 is a big hangout for Disney cast members.

I'm also a big fan of Hot Dog Heaven up on Colonial Dr.

stanpnepa
  • Total Posts : 577
RE: Orlando, FL suggestions - Wed, 03/26/03 7:41 AM
If you're going to Disney...the food is hit and miss and miss. The futuristic burger place in the Magic Kingdom (counter service) was dreadful---and that was two burgers, fries and cokes for $25!!
A brownie and coffee breakfast for two also cost us nearly $20.

Elsewhere, it's better.

The Brown Derby at MGM Studios was a nice splurge---cobb salad is their specialty.

At Epcot, we had a very good Mexican lunch (San Angel Inn) with a truly magical atmosphere. Also, the food at Restaurant Marrakesh was authentic. I opted for the five course meal, with yummy baklava to cap it!

At Universal Studios, Bob Marley's was a disappointment, Emeril's was a splurge anniversary lunch that cost us $125 with tip (though the gumbo and bread pudding were worth it). The Cheeseburger at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville wasn't "the best I ever had", but worthwhile and the hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's just didn't compete with those they serve in New Orleans.

I guess you really don't schedule an Orlando "park trip" for the food, but hey---that's what I always go for!