Reeses Whipped

packerwmn
  • Total Posts : 158
  • Reward points : 0
Reeses Whipped - Mon, 09/24/07 11:12 AM
Has anyone tried the new Reeses Whipped candy bar? It is like a 3 Musketeers, except the center is whipped peanut butter instead of the chocolate. They are really good!

Barney
  • Total Posts : 115
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 09/24/07 11:55 AM
Funny thing happened to me on my way out of the drug store last night....a whipped Reece's caught my eye! You are right! It is pretty darned good....though my favorite is still their regular cup! The candy people just can't seem to sell enough without coming up with something new and improved, can they? Oh, the choices we have in life! Barney

tarragon
  • Total Posts : 354
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 09/24/07 3:35 PM
Ooh, I haven't seen this yet! I wonder if it's still in the test marketing phase? I'm off to the Hershey's website to check it out, cause I've always liked 3 Musketeers and think that the whipped peanut butter center would absolutely work.

stephiegirl
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 09/24/07 9:07 PM
It's kind of funny because I just saw them today and bought one, but I haven't tried it yet. It sure sounded yummy. These companies will do anything to make money and I'm gullible enough to try all the newest goodies.

dasl_4
  • Total Posts : 187
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 09/24/07 9:24 PM
It tastes like peanut butter fudge to me .. quite nice

BhamBabe
  • Total Posts : 879
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 09/25/07 10:45 AM
It taste like extra sugar and waxy chocolate...ugh. And I'm a fan of peanut butter cups! It was not very good to me.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 09/25/07 10:56 AM
a little too sweet for my taste..i prefer the reese's crispy.

Oneiron339
  • Total Posts : 2075
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 09/25/07 4:13 PM
I received a case from one of our buildings today (we warehouse and distribute candy)and passed them out to the office. They are, IMHO, OK. They have less fat than the regular Reese's. I prefer the regular peanut butter cups. My favorite is still the Nutrageous bar.

tarragon
RE: Reeses Whipped - Wed, 09/26/07 12:37 AM
Still haven't seen any in my area (Wash. DC), although I haven't done a thorough candy-aisle check in a variety of stores yet. [:P] Reese's cups have always been one of my favorite candy bars; my current favorite is the Reese's wafer--those things are quite addictive for me.

Foxyfishy14
  • Total Posts : 192
RE: Reeses Whipped - Wed, 09/26/07 12:47 PM
Got one free at a promotion...they are sooo good!

angeltearsmc
  • Total Posts : 319
RE: Reeses Whipped - Thu, 11/1/07 11:14 PM
Pretty good, but IMO no competition for Reese Sticks or whatever they're called - those things are amazing. I'll take those or PB Twix (the original, not the new ones with the nasty chocolate cookie layer) over the Reese's Whipps any day.

And speaking of things that are 3 Musketeers-like... if you can find it, the Mint 3 Musketeers bar is AMAZING! It's the taste of a York pattie combined with the texture of a 3 Musketeers dipped in dark chocolate. My new obsession!

tarragon
RE: Reeses Whipped - Fri, 11/2/07 3:17 PM
Darn it, I still haven't seen those Reese's Whips anywhere in the DC area. Well, let me qualify that a bit: I haven't seen them at any store I've been to, ones near me. The Mint 3 Musketeers bar is also hard to come by, I don't know why. I have had one of those and boy, they are good. Oh yes, I do love chocolate, especially chocolate & peanut butter. And one of my co-workers brought me a couple of the Reeses cups with peanut butter & banana - they were okay, the banana tasted kinda artificial to me. I do like the PB & banana combo, btw, just not quite like Elvis did (fried); if you make a PB&J and substitute sliced banana for the jelly, that's a good tasting sammich to me.

rebeltruce
  • Total Posts : 698
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 11/5/07 10:11 AM
tarragon,

We have em in NOVA, there are most of the NOVA Giants.

They are very tasty indeed, supposed to be lower in fat.

BlueberrieSwirl
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 11/20/07 11:38 PM
I was actually working at one of Hershey's factories when they brought those out.

They are VERY good, but too sweet for me.

essemjay58
  • Total Posts : 134
RE: Reeses Whipped - Wed, 11/21/07 12:17 AM
I agree with oneiron. That Nutrageous is one nummy candy bar.

billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2363
RE: Reeses Whipped - Wed, 11/21/07 3:35 AM
I just finished eating one and it was ok. I do like the texture that the nougat lent to it as I'm a huge 3 Musketeers fan. However, the chocolate was nothing special and I think the peanut butter flavor got lost somewhere in the mix. I do like my peanut butter a little on the salty side. Is the PB in the nougat or was it surrounding it? I wasn't sure.

Beth in Seattle
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Reeses Whipped - Mon, 05/19/08 8:00 PM
You know when they first came out a few months ago, I LOVED them. And every time I went back to get one, our stores were SOLD OUT, every time.

But now, when I taste one--- I agree with the one pp: it lost its appeal for some reason. Something missing. Maybe my mouth just got immune to the newness. LOL

angeltearsmc
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 05/20/08 11:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by billyboy

I just finished eating one and it was ok. I do like the texture that the nougat lent to it as I'm a huge 3 Musketeers fan. However, the chocolate was nothing special and I think the peanut butter flavor got lost somewhere in the mix. I do like my peanut butter a little on the salty side. Is the PB in the nougat or was it surrounding it? I wasn't sure.

Both. It's a peanut butter nougat filling with a thin layer of the normal Reese's PB filling on top, covered in chocolate.

Russ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 2257
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 05/20/08 11:20 AM
What is Nougat?...Russ

angeltearsmc
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 05/20/08 2:08 PM
You know the fluffy stuff inside a 3Muskateers or Milky Way bar? That's nougat. I'm pretty sure it's mostly egg whites and sugar, with flavoring added...

mmarkovitz
  • Total Posts : 80
RE: Reeses Whipped - Tue, 05/20/08 2:49 PM
It sounds like something worth trying. But my fav is the "TAKE 5". Chocolate, Pretzels, Caramel, Peanuts, and Peanut butter. It has it all.

XanaJew
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: Reeses Whipped - Sat, 05/24/08 12:50 AM
I love just about anything in the Reese's family! My all-time faves were the PB Lovers and Chocolate Lovers and the newer crunchy one, not nutrageous...although, that's great too! The Whipps are not bad, but they remind me of FastBreak bars, which are awesome! Then there was the chocolate cookie cups and the Fudge Reese's, anyone remember those? MMMMMMMmmmmm!!!