Sunflower seeds

Rusty246
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Reward points : 0
Sunflower seeds - Thu, 09/4/03 4:47 PM
I need help, well actually, I meant your help! Am I the only roasted, salted in the shell sunflower seed eatin' person on this board? If so, sorry, I've wasted your time. IF NOT, HELP!! We have no decent sunflower seeds here. I'm looking for the heavily salted ones, so salted they're white. We used to have a brand called "Schindler", but that was when I was a teenager. I even just went through 54 pages on Google looking. I found one sight that has them but they are unavailable at this time. We have David & Son's, Frito Lay(which is what I'm eating)Lance, etc. Fortunately, I don't have to battle with high blood pressure, well, not yet anyway.

Bushie
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: Sunflower seeds - Thu, 09/4/03 6:08 PM
Rusty, there's a company here in Austin that roasts all kinds of nuts and seeds, and the quality is excellent. Going to their website, though, it doesn't appear they sell retail over the web. They have a retail store here, though, and everything I've bought from them has been great. I'm not sure how salty they make their sunflower seeds (haven't tried those).

You might try calling Austinuts at 800-404-6887 and see if they'll ship to you. Hope this helps...

Whoops, forgot to post the website. Here it is: http://www.austinuts.com/

EdSails
  • Total Posts : 3595
RE: Sunflower seeds - Thu, 09/4/03 6:49 PM
Rusty,
For years I've gone to the Somis Nut House especially for nuts. They have a website with 7 different kinds of sunflower seeds. You might check it out. It's a funky, great little place, in between the orange groves in a little farming town. Run by a family, so they may even be able to "brew up a batch" the way you like them. Good luck!

http://www.somisnuthouse.com/

800-266-6887