The worst Pizza you ever ate!!

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/06 22:29:30
Jane Stern

I have yet to meet a pizza that was inedible. It is prehaps the only food that no matter how crappy it is I still like it. The pizza at the drive in movies, the pizza sold by the slice at costco, even the english muffin pizza made in the Toast-R-Oven is acceptable. Of course I live in the nexus of the best pizza on earth (connecticut) so I guess I can be generous. 

I haven't had a slice from a drive-in movie in a loooong time, but I remember it as close to inedible as pizza can get. I'm still down with the English Muffin version every now and then though. pb

ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/07 09:01:59
stricken_detective

Toppers.

They have a bunch of one-topping specials & they are HORRIBLE. Their website says they have a bunch of interesting looking pizzas, btu I work with a bunch of unadventurous eaters.

The Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa stores are located predominantly in college cities.  I'll bet that's not a coincidence.

Brad
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/07 14:20:03
Brad_Olson

stricken_detective

Toppers.

They have a bunch of one-topping specials & they are HORRIBLE. Their website says they have a bunch of interesting looking pizzas, btu I work with a bunch of unadventurous eaters.

The Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa stores are located predominantly in college cities.  I'll bet that's not a coincidence.

Brad
Domino's started out with stores next to college campuses and large apartment complexes.  Enough said.

stricken_detective
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/07 14:35:55
The Toppers here is on the way overcrowded stretch of Hwy 18, close to Bluemound & I-94. They are not close to WCTC, UWW or anything else. They are close to the Target, Home Depot, Steak & Shake, McD's, etc.

I think in this case they are targeting people who are coming off the freeway from their jobs in Madison or Milwaukee & want to grab a quick dinner. Also there is a ginormous business park over there, by the State Patrol office.
divefl
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/07 14:50:23
Wow, this has gotten long. There must be pages and pages of Hofman arguments.   Kidding. Worst pizza - Cafeteria and the Ford congressional offices. Edible for the first four bites then the hunger is gone. Should be marketed as a diet aid if anyone would try it more than once.
jimcor
Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/19 20:54:23
I've had some bad pizza, but not at Cici's on Winchester Road in Lexington, KY. I'd say just like real estate when it comes to pizza chains it's location, location, location. This one is a good one. Their Spinach Alfredo, and Zesty Vegetable are very good, especially the Veggie. Both feature thin, but not cracker thin, crisp crust and white sauce. The Veggie features fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, black olives and more. Plus this location has a salad bar, not just a couple of bowls of prepared rabbit food. Hey, it's not gourmet, it's not art, but it sure is good. And beats Dom's, the Papa's and Little Ceasar. And for 4.99? Hard to beat it. Oh, yeah it's about both toppings and crust.
rainyday6
Hamburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/10/25 00:27:48
Smoked mussel pizza in Helsinki.

And Pizza Hut
irishtom29
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/11/03 10:47:26
Sallys in New Haven. Drove all the way from Chicago to try a New Haven pie and got a pizza there that reminded my wife of Dominos but more bland. I'd rather eat a frozen Tombstone pizza.
porkbeaks
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/11/03 11:50:41
irishtom29

Sallys in New Haven. Drove all the way from Chicago to try a New Haven pie and got a pizza there that reminded my wife of Dominos but more bland. I'd rather eat a frozen Tombstone pizza.

irishtom29

crazybob
Hamburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/12/10 11:40:38
In the '50s & '60s, our little South Jersey school cafeteria sevred us "pizza toast" at least once a week. ..It was so bad , that it was good!

Our drive-in theatre pizza is good. I make a no-cook sauce using san marzzano tomatoes.
IntelligentT82
Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2009/12/17 12:42:28
The worst tasting pizza I've ever had was at Matchbox in DC.  It was one of their chicken pizzas and it was gross.  The chicken was boiled or something and it was wierd tasting.  I wanted to >
tracylee
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/02/08 16:33:25
My worst pizza experience was in college when my friends in the Men's dorm decided to order Domino's while we watched movies. I don't remember the pizza at all, but had the worst nightmare in my life that night! I've never eaten at Domino's since then. Now, I don't eat at large chain pizzerias.

We have a New York style pizza place within walking distance and it's great for a couple of slices or whole pie.

But then again, I'll often make pizza from scratch with a quick yeast dough, or we doctor up a frozen pizza. I've always seen frozen pizzas as a whole different food from regular pizzas. They just share a name.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/02/20 13:00:49
The worst pizza in America: Augustine's of New Castle, PA - tomato sauce and dry grated parm on thick crust the consistency and flavor of Wonder Bread.

Think I'm lying?  Check out http://www.augustinespizza.com/ where they advertise "Italian Pizza with Tomatos and Grated Cheese"!!!

It was truly nasty, but was (slightly) better than nothing at the high school cafeteria back in the '60's.  I simply can't believe that they are still in business.

In fact, make some yourself; here's the recipe:

Ingredients- one slice of thick white bread, ketchup, grated parmesian.
Preparation - apply ketchup sparingly to top of bread slice, add grated cheese as though you were dispensing gold on a tight budget.  Bake until warm.

Enjoy!
RKB
Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/03/07 18:44:27
Kind of a tossup between Marion's and Cassano's, both Dayton OH based. Absolutely awful cardboard flavored crust and something red that is called 'sauce'. I thought the big-name chains were bad, until I moved here and tried these two.
LeadBelly
Hamburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/03/07 23:28:40
Every once in a while I get hit on to buy some fund raising pizza kits by a company called Joe Corbi's. Now the folks around here always buy it and seem to eat it. But after trying it once, I just give a donation instead of buying the stuff to just toss or give away. I suppose its one of those things that's okay if you've grown up eating it, but to me it was like hitting rock bottom. 
gasebos
Junior Burger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/03/08 01:02:26
I once accidentaly (language barrier) ordered a tuna pizza in an italian pizzaria in Hilchenbach, Germany.  I love tuna, but this stuff was nasty, more like cat vomit.   It smelled so bad that we couldnt even drink our beer.  yuk.
DadsDogs
Double Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/03/08 01:52:18
I stopped at an independent place called Poppa Z's in my town in the 90's.  SO,SO,SO, bad.  The sauce, meats and veggis seemed spoiled and the crust was as old as this thread.
crazybob
Hamburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 09:10:35
In 2010, at our drive-in theatre, in PA, we started making fresh dough daily with this 20qt. Hobart mixer. Not only do we make the best drive-in pizza, but it's some of the area's best pizza!
David_NYC
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 10:00:49
Bob, this thread is about LOUSY pizza. You might want to delete your message and place it in another thread.
ScreamingChicken
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 10:15:11
I think Joerogo once wrote that even the best PA pizza is lousy pizza...

Brad
crazybob
Hamburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 10:17:44
I here you David. I was following up on my earlier post in this thread. I'm now making better drive-in pizza than I made in the past because I make my own dough, fresh, daily. I used to use par-baked shells. We just closed for the season.   You're right. My pizza no longer needs to be in the lousy pizza thread!  Here's one that I made at the drive-in. Thanks, Bob.
crazybob
Hamburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 12:17:26
hear, not here. sorry.
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 12:21:06
Something called Dicarlos which is for some reason  a popular  samll chain in the Ohio Valley..tasteless little squares and if you ask for pepperoni they put it on after the square comes out of the oven...also though had round table 10 dollar special last nite- that would score pretty low too!! 
ALLGOOD
Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 12:36:33
Shakey's pizza in the 1960's-70's in Oshkosh, WI.   The only appealing thing about the place was watching the "chef" toss the crust through a viewing window in the dining room, and they had a cool player piano in the joint.
sailawayklm
Junior Burger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/17 14:12:41
The reason the big chains stay in business is, for the most part, people are lazy and would prefer convenience to actually experiencing something different and delicious.  They don't want to have to get off the couch, except to answer the door for a pizza delivery.  I know that sounds sarcastic, but unfortunately it's all too true!
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/18 09:45:31
I wouldn't actually call it pizza, but the stuff delivered to the school where I work that is called Dominos( it looks brown)...second, any Pizza Hut.The worst "real" pizza I ever had was in a place called "Pizza Clown". It had almost a cracker crust!
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/18 10:14:36
sailawayklm

The reason the big chains stay in business is, for the most part, people are lazy and would prefer convenience to actually experiencing something different and delicious.  They don't want to have to get off the couch, except to answer the door for a pizza delivery.  I know that sounds sarcastic, but unfortunately it's all too true!

Indubitably!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/19 06:54:01
Awsi Dooger
I was amazed my nominee was already mentioned in this thread. The pizza was so ghastly I still remember the date. It was September 1982 and I tried my first and only pizza from a Publix in Miami. I would have been better off asking for paper and plastic and eating both of them instead of the pizza.

That must have been a failed experiment.  I've never seen ready-to-eat pizza offered for sale in a Publix, but I've only been shopping there for about 20 years.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/19 08:21:38
Brad_Olson

I think Joerogo once wrote that even the best PA pizza is lousy pizza...

Brad

Don't make me come out there Brad!
BigDave67
Hamburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/20 16:11:20
Either Mama Rosa's or Red Baron,both of them truly suck!
mbrookes
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/23 15:39:12
I tried the new gluten free pizza at Mellow Mushroom. Never again! It was also taste free.
TrentonDog
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/24 20:33:26
"Gluten free" pizza?! heck - I add gluten to GP flour to make a better pizza dough. I can't imagine the consistency of the crust when "gluten free" flour is used. But I guess those with an intolerance to gluten have no other choice.

Amol
Junior Burger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/25 20:04:42
Take Pizza Hut and move it 1000 miles away from anyone who has any idea what a pizza should be like, and you've got Pizza Hut India. The sauce ceases to be ketchup-like and becomes just ketchup. The cheese goes from mozzarella-like to cheese-like. Just terrible.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 14:39:24
" />" /> I can't and won't imagine what that would taste like.....HELP!!!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 15:24:32
I guess this means that you've never had pasta with ketchup?

Birdhunter
Hamburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 17:35:49
PIZZA  HUT in WINTER PARK, CO.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 17:48:36
MiamiDon

Human beings eat that???...no, really??????
Jev
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 17:57:25
The worst pizza ever has to be Papa John's.  The pizza arrives, cold, flat, lifeless, and funny tasting.  It also arrives later than promised.  No wonder they're closing locations.  I hope they all close soon.  I have had frozen pizzas that tasted much better than Papa John's.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 18:04:29
I always find it amazing how many people keep eating chain pizza....don't they listen to the warnings posted here...ok, well maybe once should be enough...LISTEN...PIZZA HUT, DOMINOES ETC...MAKE IMITATION PIZZA FOLKS...GET WITH THE PROGRAM. You say you can't get real pizza where you live...get a quality brand frozen pie...it probably is no worse that a chain...and, hell, it'll be cheaper!!!!!!!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 18:11:01
leethebard

I always find it amazing how many people keep eating chain pizza....don't they listen to the warnings posted here...ok, well maybe once should be enough...LISTEN...PIZZA HUT, DOMINOES ETC...MAKE IMITATION PIZZA FOLKS...GET WITH THE PROGRAM. You say you can't get real pizza where you live...get a quality brand frozen pie...it probably is no worse that a chain...and, hell, it'll be cheaper!!!!!!!

So  tell me  what  frozen  pizzas  are even   worth considering?
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 19:54:32
Maybe California Pizza,like Costco sells...personally we have great pizza around here, so I don't buy frozen pies myself,but I've tasted them...and I doubt many are worse than Pizza Hut and Papa John's etc.
Jev
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/09/29 20:40:59
There are a lot of great independent pizza parlors in the Milwaukee area.  For frozen pizza however, Home Run Inn is quite good.  It's not just another frozen pizza.  They have a restaurant in Chicago that is very popular
cameron074
Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/10/17 21:41:31
The worst pizza I've had from a stand-alone joint is from Mamas in Hackettstown, NJ. The sauce and cheese just completely turn me off. I don't know what it is but each time I have it, about 2 or 3 times a year (not by choice), it tastes like they've ordered from Papa Johns and threw it on one of their nice plates. 

Also, the worst chain pizza I've had is Papa Johns. Attending school in PA was rough as almost everyone loved PJ's, while I was left defending Dominos 
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/10/18 04:56:05
"Defending Dominos".......those two words should never be typed side by side!
irishtom29
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/10/24 17:23:38
I had some really bad pizza the other night on the North Side (which was never noted for it's pizza anyway); place called Art of Pizza which has a good reputation (for the North Side). Thin crust was tough, like eating linoleum and the deep dish was a soggy, undercooked mess with a sauce that must'a been half sugar. I'll take Dominos or Pizza Hut over this joint anyday.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/10/24 17:57:47
leethebard

MiamiDon

Yes.  " />
(and no, I didn't invent it )
post edited by MiamiDon - 2010/10/24 18:00:13
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/10/24 18:13:49
MiamiDon

leethebard

MiamiDon

Yes.  " />
(and no, I didn't invent it )

Oh thank God,at least you're not taking credit for that!!!" />
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/11/23 22:46:40

Worst chain pizza I tried was probably Pizza Outlet, which later became Vocelli's and had the same bad pizza.  Following close behind are Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Domino's.  
  Worst independent was some forgettable place near Pike Market in Seattle where we got a slice.

Glenn

doggydaddy
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/11/24 09:05:50

Just had a movie night the other week-end and everyone was to bring a snack.  It seems that we were awash in chips and dips.
Word went out that there were some pizzas coming.  I held my breath in trepidation. In walked a stack of about 5 Little Caesars pizzas and it confirmed my suspicions that we needed more chips and dip.  I realized quickly that some of this decision was based on economics and accepted that. I also knew that taste was not important as long as there was plenty of pepperoni.
Economics is the main reason why the chains flourish. Chuck-E-Cheese may have been among the first to truly prove you could sell a tasteless pizza due to children. Papa John's is running with it. The commercials feature John at a house full of family members of all ages, mostly juveniles under their teens. 
Here there is a chain of pizzas called Gatti's, they are a family style/priced pie and fairly popular. I wish that we tried the pizzas from there so I could say l tried Austin's version of a chain pie.

mark
zimm3839
Junior Burger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/12 13:19:02
dominoes and pappa johns are nasty.....     I love chicago style...
phatphil
Double Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/12 18:53:14
CICI'S
hatteras04
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/12 20:44:42
irishtom29

I had some really bad pizza the other night on the North Side (which was never noted for it's pizza anyway); place called Art of Pizza which has a good reputation (for the North Side). Thin crust was tough, like eating linoleum and the deep dish was a soggy, undercooked mess with a sauce that must'a been half sugar. I'll take Dominos or Pizza Hut over this joint anyday.

I just read a review of that and thought it sounded pretty good.  I wonder if it was an off night.

http://slice.seriouseats....uffed-crust-pizza.html
wmceaton
Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/12 21:05:18
My vote for worst pizza ever:

Spankys Pizza in Bangor, Maine....true rental pizza....my rental period was up after only about 4 hours.
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
RE: The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/13 13:50:50
Mellow Mushroom hot = okay

Let it get cold and you're left with a gummy mess. I love cold pizza, especially from the pizza parlors up in Westfield, MA..that was my breakfast of choice when I was in high school.

lapp
Junior Burger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/13 17:27:41
Everytime I read this thread it makes me remember why I started www.worstpizza.com in the first place!  People love their pizza, so it seems logical to point out the bad places and help pizza lovers only find the best!
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/13 17:41:36
lapp

Everytime I read this thread it makes me remember why I started www.worstpizza.com in the first place!  People love their pizza, so it seems logical to point out the bad places and help pizza lovers only find the best!

And as a pizza finatic, thank you!!!!!!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/14 10:06:50
A new Worst Pizza for this century for me.  We went to the American Airlines Arena (where the Miami Heat play) last friday.  We took the train, and walked to the Bayside Marketplace to look for something to eat before the concert.  Bayside is pretty much a tourist trap, anchored at one end by a Bubba Gump's, and the other end by a Hard Rock Cafe.  We walked around the upstairs food court area, and decided to grab a pizza, and somehow settled on a place called Pasta Plus or something like that.  After ordering and paying, we sat at a nearby table to await the pizza.  I knew there was a problem when I saw a "cook" take a white, firm disk out of a cabinet (shudder).  We ended up with a salt bomb on a crunchy/crumbly crust, with endlessyly gluey cheese that didn't taste of much beyond the salt, and a sort of metallic-tasting sauce.

Blech! 

ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/21 10:34:30
Pizza is like sex.  When it's good, it's great, and when it's bad it's still pretty good.
porkbeaks
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/21 12:19:12
ChrisOC

Pizza is like sex.  When it's good, it's great, and when it's bad it's still pretty good.

Unless your sausage falls off!

NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
Re:The worst Pizza you ever ate!! 2010/12/21 13:53:27
I will have to think about this.
Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10