Roadfood.com Server Transfer

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
  • Reward points : 0
Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 12:15 PM
We just ported Roadfood.com to a brand new server. This thing has some serious horsepower, but let me know if you experience any problems with posting content etc. You will notice some of the changes to the publishing tool (online help), searching options, and the fact that you have the option to never login again!

More to come in future weeks.

hilldweller
  • Total Posts : 168
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 1:10 PM
Hi, since you asked for feedback about problems, I wanted to let you know that I just tried using the "Jump to Last Post" button (arrow) and was taken to the first post rather than the last post in a few topics. After a little trial and error it appears that this is only happening with topics that have multiple pages because I tried a number of topics with just on page and was taken to the Last Post.

kland01s
  • Total Posts : 2835
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 1:25 PM
I kinda like to log out because that way I can see what's been posted since my last visit.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
  • Total Posts : 2096
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 1:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kland01s

I kinda like to log out because that way I can see what's been posted since my last visit.
You can also click on the "Active Topics" link to do that.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/active.asp

Texicana
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 2:30 PM
Oh goodie, I had been bogged down for two weeks or so...

ocdreamr
  • Total Posts : 1109
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 4:47 PM
This is much better. It was taking forever to load at work. I was actually getting in faster at home on my dial up.

BigGlenn
  • Total Posts : 461
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 6:46 PM
When did you say that the "Smell Now" and the "Taste Now" Icon or Buttons will be activated? Also the "Transporter" feature has not worked once for me yet. You know the link you click on that zaps you straight to the restaurant that you are reading about? Come on now, can't you guys get any thing right?????? LOL

ocdreamr
  • Total Posts : 1109
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Fri, 09/5/03 10:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigGlenn

When did you say that the "Smell Now" and the "Taste Now" Icon or Buttons will be activated? Also the "Transporter" feature has not worked once for me yet. You know the link you click on that zaps you straight to the restaurant that you are reading about? Come on now, can't you guys get any thing right?????? LOL

Gee, Big Glenn,
Mine have been working fine! I particularly like that time transport button. I have wearing it out on the Going... Going...topic.!

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13386
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Sat, 09/6/03 2:16 PM
I know that the moderators are aware of it but the blue arrow that refers you to the last post does not work on threads with multiple pages.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Liketoeat
  • Total Posts : 552
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Mon, 09/15/03 2:18 PM
No big deal but just sort of curious - was the switch to the new server supposed to have resulted in changes discernible to the forum user? Assume so, from Stephen's initial comments, but I've been unable to determine any changes. Wondered if I'd just not discovered the changes or was unware of how things were before the switch. Doubt it, but also wondered if some changes occurred for the PC user which did not materialize for those of us running a Mac. Have noticed today when switching from one forum to another and particularly when switching from "type" to "preview" to "submit" that I've encountered frequent slowdowns or hangups (as had noticed at times in the past but not recently). This of course, is more likely some fault of my computer, ISP, or Internet Explorer than of the Roadfood website.

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
RE: Roadfood.com Server Transfer - Mon, 09/15/03 4:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ocdreamr

quote:
Originally posted by BigGlenn

Gee, Big Glenn,
Mine have been working fine! I particularly like that time transport button. I have wearing it out on the Going... Going...topic.!

Same here! You should have SEEN the meal I had the Automat on 42nd St in 1933....all for 50 cents too!...hope they dont look at the nickels I dropped in the slots too closely though.....lol..not to mention the dimes with President Roosevelt on them....