Cream of wheat

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Junior Burger
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/13 11:18:08
love cream of wheat cooked the 'real' way...on the stove top...watch out, don't burn it...a real pain to clean the pan..have to soak it for days!...but cook it w/ milk instead of water and put in some raisins!!!! yum!
ppezalla
Junior Burger
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/13 13:37:06
I make it with milk instead of water and use about twice as much Cream of Wheat as the recipe calls for. 1 cup milk, a little salt and 6 heaping tablespoons cereal (plus a handfull of dried tart cherries).
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/13 13:51:58
That's about right! Always make it with milk...nice and creamy!
naxet76
Cheeseburger
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/13 23:43:52
like someone mentioned earlier, I like mine lumpy! with just milk and sugar! same for malt o meal. As a kid i used to add a spoonful of Nestle Quick chocolate and stir it in.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/14 05:18:06
When I had farina as a kid,lumps always were in the bowl, some bigger than others> I'd love to break them up as I ate them.Funny,the things this forum reminds me of.I had forgotten that!
LoveMyLab
Cheeseburger
RE: Cream of wheat 2008/02/14 10:13:09
Read this post last night, could not stop thinking about hot cereal all night! Made 12 grain cereal with butter and strawberry syrup for breakfast.

Roadfood inspires me!
BigDave67
Hamburger
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/09/20 16:31:41
I love cream of wheat with sugar,butter and milk. Cream of Rice is awesome,also
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/09/21 11:04:01
Coco Wheats, Coco Wheats can't be beat, it's the creamy hot cereal with the coco treat....
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/09/21 11:18:38
"..to be big and strong have lots of fun, eat CoCo Wheats everyone!"  I WANT MY COCO WHEATS!  Really I do.....
MellowRoast
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/09/21 12:23:21
There aren't many things better than steaming hot Cream of Wheat.  I also prepare it with milk, and add real butter and Vermont maple syrup.  I really miss those Cream of Wheat pancakes at IHOP, too (Country Griddle).  Best pancakes ever. 
claracamille
Cheeseburger
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/10/02 14:09:31
I have been eating Cream of Wheat for 60+ years.  I LOVE IT!!! 
I make it in the microwave in a big plastic mixing bowl( so the cream of wheat will not overflow in the mIcrowave).  I follow the package directions.  It is so easy in the microwave, no stirring, no lumps.  I eat with with 1/2 n 1/2  & raw sugar.
When my kids were growing up I made them Coco Wheats.
"It's Cream of Wheat weather we repeat, so guard your family with hot Cream of Wheat".
Dude111
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Cream of wheat 2010/10/23 20:22:33
mmmmmmmmmmm i love cream of wheat!!

MAPLE BROWN SUGAR IS MY FAVOURITE!! (I hope my reply shows up)
BelleReve
RE: Cream of wheat 2010/10/24 12:32:46
The weather has to be cold -and I alternate between oatmeal or cream of wheat, with lots of butter and sugar and a cup of hot tea.  It's funny, I use sweet n' low on everything else, but for these two dishes, it has to be the real thing.  I'll have it for dinner sometimes as well. 
lunasatic
Cheeseburger
RE: Cream of wheat 2010/12/13 12:09:31
Sorry, guys, my husband eats Cream of Wheat cooked with chicken broth. I ate it when I was a very young child, but ditched it in favor of grits or oatmeal upon developing taste buds. I do believe the box it comes in has a better taste than the cereal. It's amazing how your tastes can change over the years. I think it may also have someting to do with the waning of a sense of smell as I get older, too. No, I've never smoked (anything but pork & chicken!) in my life, so I can only blame severe life-long sinus problems!
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Cream of wheat 2010/12/13 14:16:16
And see,to me Cream of Wheat always brings me back to my childhood...I still love the flavor..with a lttle milk and sugar it is tasty and creamy,,,,no and not like cardboard....my tastebuds like it fine,thank you very much!!!!!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2