Bay corn revisied

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Post
NYNM
Filet Mignon
2007/12/06 16:16:58
Is anyone out there craving bay corn??
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/06 19:12:18
Pardon me my partime New Mex. compadre. What the hell is bay corn??????
Confused in Carrizozo,
Ole Rouxdog
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/08 18:11:50
You know NYNM I was thinking about Bay Corn the other day.

PapaJoe8 needs to be here for this conversation, he adores Bay Corn.
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 12:17:33
CajunKing "spilled the beans" via e-mail. I plan to purchase Bay Corn when I get provisions tomorrow.
I'm thinking Bay Corn will go well w/ butter sauteed diced onion, garlic, jalapeno, Chimayo red,pinch of salt, pepper and sugar.
NYNM, you are a very bad girl!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 12:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by rouxdog

CajunKing "spilled the beans" via e-mail. I plan to purchase Bay Corn when I get provisions tomorrow.
I'm thinking Bay Corn will go well w/ butter sauteed diced onion, garlic, jalapeno, Chimayo red,pinch of salt, pepper and sugar.
NYNM, you are a very bad girl!


How about letting the rest of us in on the mystery???

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 13:17:07
Sundancer, I'm not worthy. You should beg CK or NYNM, they're the experts.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 13:42:50
Oh for crap's sake, we're all adults. Spill it.
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 14:03:51
Cap,
You'll need to beg, I did. Now I know.
I don't know if I'm an adult or not, but I do on Medicare 1/1/08.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/09 19:33:30
oo-eee! I'm so glad some of my compadres are into bay corn too.
Now for the uninitiated, bay corn was discovered in 2006 by a RF typo for baby corn, but it caught on here on RF as a gourmet treat. I'm am pleased that some of you are havin a hankerin for it
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/11 15:40:12
Hey it is almost New Year's Eve !!!

Remember to stock up for that NEW Roadfood Tradition

Bay Corn on New Years and you will eat great Roadfood the rest of the year!

NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/12 11:53:24
Here Here!! I second that!! Dump the herring and bring on the bay corn!

(Cheaspeake Bay, San Francisco Bay, Green Bay, what ever..)

What about the New Year's Bay Bowl???
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/12 19:04:47
Stocked up today. On sale at Walmart.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2007/12/17 14:40:19
For those who need more info on Bay Corn just do a google for "bay corn", lots of info and recipes! 637 hits including many posts here at Roadfood.
Joe
salindgren
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/05 23:56:17
Boy, I'm all confused. First, is the topic supposed to read "revisited", or "revised"? Then, are we talking about that freaky stuff that Asians like? The little midget ears? That comes in cans? I have a natural aversion to those things, they frighten me.
I'll put up a new post about corn in a minute. All kinds.
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/06 10:11:42
"Naturally succulent and tasty, Whole bay Corn are a superb addition to Salads, Stir-Frys, Stews and Cocktails, or simply hot with butter."

I couldn't have said it better myself!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/06 11:32:19
Thanks for the quote Don!

I just bought a fresh can yesterday. I'm thinking about cooking it "Buffalo Style" w' butter and hot sauce, as a side dish for ??? hmmm, haven't decided.

Anyone else have some recipes? And what brands are best?

Oh, I hear Chesapeake "Bay Corn" chowder is real popular up north.
Joe

CK, and oh, it's weird how thoughts of Bay Corn just stick in your brain.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/10 17:39:34
quote:
Originally posted by salindgren

Boy, I'm all confused. First, is the topic supposed to read "revisited", or "revised"? Then, are we talking about that freaky stuff that Asians like? The little midget ears? That comes in cans? I have a natural aversion to those things, they frighten me.
I'll put up a new post about corn in a minute. All kinds.
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net


Good questions!!!!

Well, "revised" is a typo for revisited; and as to the nature of bay corn, I would put it in the category of "Fantasy Food"
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 12:16:57
CK,I love that spelling for this thread! I thought you did it on purpose.

Now for the best brands and recipes. My can says... Reese. I know, I know, fresh is better, but I can't find fresh in my neighborhood.
Joe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 12:33:47
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

CK,I love that spelling for this thread! I thought you did it on purpose.

Now for the best brands and recipes. My can says... Reese. I know, I know, fresh is better, but I can't find fresh in my neighborhood.
Joe


Thanks Joe. Well I guess you're not living on the coast. Anyway, canned will do.
Help me out with the Reese part - did you make that recipe for Bay Corn and Peanut Butter?
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 13:49:40
CK, Reese is the name on my can. And nope, I live just east of Dallas, but... on the coast of Lake Tawakoni.

Nop, I have not opened my can yet, so no PB recipe as of now.

Something new... Bay Corn Chips, just Google it!
Joe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 18:16:28
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

CK, Reese is the name on my can. And nope, I live just east of Dallas, but... on the coast of Lake Tawakoni.

Nop, I have not opened my can yet, so no PB recipe as of now.

Something new... Bay Corn Chips, just Google it!
Joe


Sounds good! Looks like they serve it at Amy's On The Bay in Port Orchard Washington, a sort of signatue dish. Yum.

www.amysonthebay.com/lunch.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 18:17:34

www.amysonthebay.com/lunch.



Sorry:

www.amysonthebay.com


maybe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 18:19:14
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM


www.amysonthebay.com/lunch.



Sorry:

www.amysonthebay.com


maybe



Yes, Joe, open the link then click on "lunch" on the side bar. A large bowl of bay corn chips.
See you there!
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 19:11:30
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM
(Cheaspeake Bay, San Francisco Bay, Green Bay, what ever..)


Dearfolk,
What about Carolina Half-Moon Bays? How about The Baying Of The Baskerville Hound? How about Turhan Bey? (Okay, so I stretch it a bit. It was bayginning to get mundane.)
To Bay Or Not To Bay, Ort. Carlton in Scoobay-Doobay-Doo Athens, Georgia.
P. S. Does this have anything to do with eddies?... such as Nelson Eddy, Duane Eddy, or Upper Pond Eddy???
P. P. S. Shoals good to be back punning again. -- Now bring on that bay corn! Sounds like a gooood appetizer for a bowl o' chowder!
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 19:15:29
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8
Oh, I hear Chesapeake "Bay Corn" chowder is real popular up north. Joe


Joe,
Dadgummit, you stole my thunder. -- See my multi-punular post down below here someplace... careful, it might be hot way down there.
Wishing I Were Fanning The Springs Of Fanning Springs Boing Boing, Ort. Carlton in Athens-On-The-Oconee, Georgia.
P. S. Somehow I feel ultra-punny tonight.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/11 19:21:55
Dearfolk,
Funny thing is, I recently noticed on the "appetizers" section of a restaurant menu that they had Baby Corn. Should I call this typo to their attention?
In Utterly Small Amaizement, Ort. Carlton in Cornucopic Athens, Georgia.
P. S. I can't help but hope that no Mama Corn are out there crying because they miss their babies... aw shucks, would that be a mess in a restaurant kitchen... professionals, take note.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/12 19:41:06
I dont wanna google for BAY CORN..
I want someone to tell me what it is.
I am tired of googling...

I still dont know, and am on strike for googling.
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/12 19:58:26
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

oo-eee! I'm so glad some of my compadres are into bay corn too.
Now for the uninitiated, bay corn was discovered in 2006 by a RF typo for baby corn, but it caught on here on RF as a gourmet treat. I'm am pleased that some of you are havin a hankerin for it


Tara - Here's your definition
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/12 20:09:32
quote:
Originally posted by CajunKing

quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

oo-eee! I'm so glad some of my compadres are into bay corn too.
Now for the uninitiated, bay corn was discovered in 2006 by a RF typo for baby corn, but it caught on here on RF as a gourmet treat. I'm am pleased that some of you are havin a hankerin for it


Tara - Here's your definition


NO no no...........
Tee hee.....
Gotcha.....
Bad Tara....
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/12 21:35:53
Roossy, the origional thread by NYNM comes up 1st on a google for "bay corn". You gotta use the quotes for that to happen., worth a read and a smile. Whats weird is there is allot of bay corn stuff at Google. I guess you could also use the search here at Roadfood but that could be hit or miss.

Ort, never thought about the Mama corns, how sad...
Jo
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/12 21:49:59
Oh NYNM, Amy's, "fabulous food in a relaxed setting" and Bay Corn chips, wow!

Anyone been to Bay Corn Island, Nicaragua? It's a real place.... maybe? Bay Corn must be the main crop there.
Joe
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 13:49:50


Look what I found!
Someone else uses bay corn in their stir fry!
STIR FRIED VEGETABLES

In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients together and set aside.

Heat large skillet or wok over high heat; add olive oil. Stir fry onion rings, bok choy, and garlic in hot oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from wok. Set aside.

Place mushrooms, bamboo shots, bay corn, and water chestnuts in th ewok or skillet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the soy mixture and cook until bubbly, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and red pepper, cover and cook for 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in onion, bok choy and garlic and serve. Yield: 6 servings.



http://www.mariquita.com/recipes/bok%20choy.html

I also see that they use an ewok..... LOL
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 13:54:18
I like Old Bay on Bay Corn....Russ
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 13:58:16
Do I forsee a Roadfood Haiku brewing here?
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 14:50:57
Folks: We love the attention but please do not confuse bay corn with baby corn (Reece's or otherwise) because, be aware that Bay Corn is now an official RF Original (perhaps soon to be trademarked) and is much more versatile (as we see) than mere midget corn.

Remember, Bay Corn is Food of the Imagination, available anywhre, anytime and in any style. So, eat up!!
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 14:55:16
OLD BAY ON BAY CORN
IT'S DELICIOUS DONT YOU KNOW?
DO IT, I SAID SO!



FOR YOU ROSSY...RUSS

roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 16:39:04
Awww...... dat's so nice......
Frankman
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 16:54:35
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

Is anyone out there craving bay corn??

The few times I have had bay corn I wasn't thrilled at all about the taste. I've had it in Chinese food and from seeing Roossy90's pic I recalled trying it from salad bars. Not a fan here.
Frankman
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 16:58:40
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Oh NYNM, Amy's, "fabulous food in a relaxed setting" and Bay Corn chips, wow!

Anyone been to Bay Corn Island, Nicaragua? It's a real place.... maybe? Bay Corn must be the main crop there.
Joe

PapaJoe8, the story I heard was that Bay Corn Island was named after it's founder Cornelius Bay, who had a dislexic secretary.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 18:46:30
Nice finds Roossy! You have got tha spirit now. Info about the unique way Bay Corn is grown can be found here at Roadfood.

Old Bay on Bay Corn, of coarse Russ. So simple yet......

Frank, thanks for that interesting history.

Oh from Havana Joe's.... One fesh lump crab meat, pan searen served atop Florida Bay Corn sauce.

NYNM, that reminds me of the Twilight Zone intro.
Joe
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 19:03:25
I think we all are having a trippy flashback!

NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/13 21:24:35
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

I think we all are having a trippy flashback!




And I KNOW they grow Bay Corn on their organic farm near 'Frisco (Right next to the "weeds"....)
(if you're going, be sure to wear flowers in your hair...!!!)


OH, BTW, grrreat haiku there, Russ!

Luv & Peace, NYNM
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/19 12:04:07
Ok, Super Bowl parties coming up. Along w/ my famous guacamole, made w/ Mexican Ro-Tel and chopped onions, I am going to come up w/ a recipe for...

Green "Bay Corn"
I am thinking of cooking it in Salsa Verde sauce, and served w/ Tostitos Scoops. Any other ideas yall?

Oh, NYNM, for my peanut Bay Corn recipe, I am thinking of using my Reeses Bay Corn, along w/ some Reeses Peanut Butter Scoops, and some kind (not sure what kind) of spicy oriental seasoning.
Joe
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/19 13:57:46
Baby Corn...




PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/19 14:23:37
Roossy, that baby corn is way too cute to cook! I'll stick w/ Bay Corn.

Come to find out, many other cooking, and food related, web sites have recipes for Bay corn. I think one at Cooks.com came up on about P. 10 of my last Google.
Joe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/20 13:43:57
oo-ee. Now if that baby comes from Green Bay, SF, Chesapeake, etc, we're in shape. And love the kangaroo corn!
mikez629
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/21 17:39:24
Didn't Tom Hanks eat that like a real ear of corn in BIG the movie.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/01/21 18:11:19
Mike, yep, I had forgoten about that. It was when he asked Elizabeth Perkins to join him for dinner. Now I gotta watch that movie again! Netflix has it I bet.
Joe
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/03/11 19:24:36
This came up on other threads. My fault maybe???

Mike, it's on my net flix list!

Oh, NMYM, what is kangaroo corn?

Buffalo Bay Corn is my next recipe invention. I'm trying to fallow in my Pawpaw's footsteps. He invinted Frito Chili Pie, maybe???
Joe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/03/12 01:22:58
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

This came up on other threads. My fault maybe???

Mike, it's on my net flix list!

Oh, NMYM, what is kangaroo corn?

Buffalo Bay Corn is my next recipe invention. I'm trying to fallow in my Pawpaw's footsteps. He invinted Frito Chili Pie, maybe???
Joe


FYI: Roossy 90 has published an excellent example of kangaroo corn, SEE ABOVE.

Now, as to Chili (Chile) Pie, I'll tell you the secret ingredient....Fritos are made with CORN chips, no?

Get it?
jfitz
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/03/12 05:44:31
Sure and it's the season for wearin of the green and hearty helpings of Bay corn ed beef. Pat was lying on his death bed ;Mary was in the kitchen. Himself say's " Mary what are you doin in the kitchen" Mary says " finnishin up the Bay corned beef" Pat asks "Could I haved a wee slice Mary?" Mary answers" I'd love to Pat but I'm savin it for the wake"!
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/03/12 10:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by jfitz

Sure and it's the season for wearin of the green and hearty helpings of Bay corn ed beef. Pat was lying on his death bed ;Mary was in the kitchen. Himself say's " Mary what are you doin in the kitchen" Mary says " finnishin up the Bay corned beef" Pat asks "Could I haved a wee slice Mary?" Mary answers" I'd love to Pat but I'm savin it for the wake"!

Thanks for the joke! Check out the Recipe section.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/03/12 15:44:52
NYNM Daaa, now I get it! Bay Corn Chili Pie! That might be great! Or, would we need to talk Frito Lay into making corn chips using bay corn??? I think I will just try some chili over Bay Corn, or Cay Corn in some chili? When I get the recipes perfected I will post in the Bay Corn thread at the recipe section.

May favorite brand, twice the lenght of the more familliar baby corn, is Reese, distributed by World Finer Foods, Bloomfield, NJ. No weird ingredients, just bay corn, water, and salt. No MSG! Worldfiner.com is their web site.

Oh, and it says "eat the cob and all!" right on the can! And no, they do not make peanut butter cups! But a good recipe for a spicy oriental peanut sauce, for use on Bay Corn, would be appreciated.

And oh, there is a good sounding stir fry recipe on the back of the Reese can.
Joe
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/01 18:51:32
Great video about Bay Corn on Rick Rolls...Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Make sure you read the comments...Russ

NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/02 11:57:58
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Great video about Bay Corn on Rick Rolls...Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Make sure you read the comments...Russ




Saw the video

Hate to say this: I Don't Get IT!!!! and I don't feel like reading 43291 comments...so, what's the (fabulous) Bay Corn part??
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/02 12:13:21
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Great video about Bay Corn on Rick Rolls...Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Make sure you read the comments...Russ




Saw the video

Hate to say this: I Don't Get IT!!!! and I don't feel like reading 43291 comments...so, what's the (fabulous) Bay Corn part??


Just an April Fools Joke going around the net yesterday.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_it_mean_to_be_Rickrolled

...Russ
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/02 13:42:24
NYNM, I still do not get the "kangeroo corn" thing#$&* And, whats in the recipe section?

Russ, I will watch that video when I have time to let my old PC download it. Like NYNM said, what's the Bay Corn connection?

Still no spicy peanut sauce recipe?

There are now houndreds of Bay Corn recipes floating around the net, thanks to NYNM. Just Google if you do not beleive. :~)
Joe
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/02 20:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

NYNM, I still do not get the "kangeroo corn" thing#$&* And, whats in the recipe section?


There are now houndreds of Bay Corn recipes floating around the net, thanks to NYNM. Just Google if you do not beleive. :~)
Joe


1. Kanga Korn is a reference to Roossy's photo of the ba(b)y corn stuck on/in the larger corn above on this thread. Just looked like a tiny kangaroo (corn) in the kangaroo pouch to me. (I do like to free associate).

2. I'm amazed that an innocent typo had coused my 15 min. of fame. (and internet immortality!)

3.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/02 21:00:25
NYNM, just goes to show.(*&^%$#@)

Bay Corn lives!!!!



Joe
jimsock9
Cheeseburger
RE: Bay corn revisied 2008/04/03 08:27:32
PapaJoe - My wife and I will be traveling from Florida to North Carolina the last week of April and we'll be on Route 441 through most of Georgia. I was wondering if you know if we can expect to see Bay Corn stands all along the roadside or will it be too early in the year? Thanks!
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial