Archer Farms

doug_ua
  • Total Posts : 94
  • Reward points : 0
Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 9:19 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Archer Farms line of products at Target? I can't speak for all of them, but their line of potato chips is incredible....kettle cooked, and better than any of the name brands in my opionion. Flavors include Buffalo Wing, Garlic Parmesan, Maple BBQ, and Guacamole to name a few.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 10:18 AM
I have found all of their products very good.They have a Tamale pie boxed dinner that is wonderful.

Davydd
  • Total Posts : 6222
RE: Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 10:38 AM
Archer Farms is Target's more upscale interesting house brand. They also have another brand called Market Pantry with more mainstream products. Those brands can only be found in a Target store.

It used to be grocery stores marketed house brands that were cheaper and also, quite frankly, less quality products to get that cheaper price point. Grocery stores now market house brands that can compete with the national brands in quality and beat the national price points through less overhead cost and distribution. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are very good at this game too.

Rustywolf
  • Total Posts : 176
RE: Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 3:04 PM
Pretty good - I like the condensed fruit bars.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
RE: Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 4:48 PM
We like the Archer farm line at Target> Good food and value for the buck!
leethebard

Scorereader
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: Archer Farms - Thu, 01/24/08 11:24 PM
We really like Archer Farms.
And, because they package them so nicely, I have bought some items to put in gift baskets. Most people don't know it's Target brand, and the Archer Farms snacks tend to be their favorite.

bucktooth
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: Archer Farms - Tue, 01/29/08 11:10 AM
They are fantastic chips, I love the unusual flavors. Target is a great store IMO.

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
RE: Archer Farms - Tue, 01/29/08 10:56 PM
I've had their cookies, chips and salsa. Good stuuf.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6080
RE: Archer Farms - Tue, 01/29/08 11:04 PM
There Parmesan Chips are super!

Davydd
RE: Archer Farms - Wed, 01/30/08 10:45 AM
I am personally happy to see the positive comments about Target and Archer Farms. I was on the team that conceived and developed the SuperTarget stores for Target back in the mid 90s. It was fun and positive and there were a lot of great people working on it to make it happen. Working at Target was a positive experience for me. Now that I am retired I can say that as an outsider.

bucktooth
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: Archer Farms - Wed, 01/30/08 11:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Davydd

I am personally happy to see the positive comments about Target and Archer Farms. I was on the team that conceived and developed the SuperTarget stores for Target back in the mid 90s. It was fun and positive and there were a lot of great people working on it to make it happen. Working at Target was a positive experience for me. Now that I am retired I can say that as an outsider.

Job well done!!!!!

Davydd
RE: Archer Farms - Wed, 01/30/08 1:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pdxyyz

You would be amazed at how many of the store brand products are made by the brand name manufacturers.

And you're getting the same product, same quality, in a different package.

Not true especially in regard to the chips that have mostly been under discussion here so far. Store brand products used to be generic like that and usually of sub quality. Now the companies are smarter. They are custom branding as well as getting custom made products to custom specs.