Burt's Place Temporarily Closing

mousec
  • Total Posts : 298
  • Reward points : 0
Burt's Place Temporarily Closing - Wed, 01/30/08 4:29 PM
Felt it was my duty to share the following after there has been so much discussion on Burt's Place.

As reported in LTHFORUM ([url][/url]http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=17585)

"Just enjoyed a wonderful lunchtime pizza at Burt's. Burt and Sharon shared the news that Burt will be undergoing a routine medical procedure that will sideline him from the business for at least four weeks, more likely six to eight weeks. They will be open through this weekend (Feb 3).

Burt and Sharon asked me to relay the news here. They wanted to be perfectly clear that they're not overhauling the business or the management or anything, just that they will be off for this time while Burt gets back up to full speed. As usual, I would recommend calling before visiting this weekend."

ChiTownDiner
  • Total Posts : 2625
RE: Burt's Place Temporarily Closing - Wed, 01/30/08 6:52 PM
Our best wishes to Burt and family...we hope to be back as soon as recovery allows.

This could turn Buddy loose on Satruday nights on an unsuspecting Chicago!

BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4074
RE: Burt's Place Temporarily Closing - Wed, 01/30/08 8:16 PM
I spoke to Burt this afternoon after the news broke. All I can do is confirm the original report that the store will be closing after this Sunday night, February 3rd, 2008. I also need to stress that this is happening due to the medical procedure mentioned in the original post on LTHforum. Burt is not selling the store and does plan to reopen after a recuperation period of at least four weeks and more likely 6 to 8 weeks.

Burt and his wife Sharon appreciate all the well-wishers and look forward to seeing everyone once Burt is 100% up to speed. If you know Burt, you know he is not a "computer guy" by any stretch of the imagination. So I will print out all posts with good thoughts and present them to him this Saturday night when I see him.

With this news coming out today, business is likely to be extremely brisk for the rest of the week, so it is recommended that you call ahead with your order, either for pick up or "eating in" well in advance.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as posssible on Saturday night.

Buddy

Logan2
  • Total Posts : 25
RE: Burt's Place Temporarily Closing - Thu, 02/7/08 3:17 PM
Our thoughts and our prayers are with Burt, his wife, and his family. I'm sure everything will be fine. Best of luck.

BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4074
RE: Burt's Place Temporarily Closing - Thu, 02/7/08 3:20 PM
Thank you Logan.

The operation should have been yesterday or Tuesday, not sure which. I put a call in to his wife late this morning to see how everything turned out. Still waiting for a call back. Unfortunately, I am leaving for a sales meeting in Canton, Ohio and will not return until late Friday evening.

I hope I'll be able to post a progress report over the weekend.

Buddy