Flavia coffee machine = yuk

JakerDog
  • Total Posts : 204
  • Reward points : 0
Flavia coffee machine = yuk - Wed, 01/30/08 4:33 PM
We have one of these automated Flavia machines at work, with the little packets of coffee. What yuk! All the coffee basically taste the same, feel the same (where's the caffine) or smell horrible. From what I hear the tea's are worse. That is why I broke out the old cup drip Malita for myself. Anyone like the Flavia or is it just for coffee withdrawl?

dcwatts
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Flavia coffee machine = yuk - Sat, 02/2/08 8:44 AM
Well there's one at my workplace and I welcome it, to be honest. While I certainly wouldn't have one at home, it solves quite a few problems at work such that I find it preferable to that old standby, the communal pot o' joe.

First, by sealing each serving in foil, oxidation (with attendant degradation of flavor) of ground coffee supply is entirely sidestepped. Secondly, one need never worry about just how old that coffee in the carafe is - or if the warmer has cooked all of the flavor out of it. Moreover, the machine is said to be quite reliable at passing water of just the right temperature over the grounds. Many drip coffeemakers are less than reliable in this regard. Finally, there's that age-old question: is that really decaf?

I kinda like the Columbia and have learned to stay away from the frou-frou flavored varieties. If I had my druthers, I'd always and only drink coffee freshly ground from beans roasted by a master in small batches and brewed up in a french press only minutes before consumption; but hey - it is work after all.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6081
RE: Flavia coffee machine = yuk - Sat, 02/2/08 8:51 AM
Tried one at a place that offered it as a "perc" to it's customers. Liked the coffee a lot. Too expensive to switch , however.

dcwatts
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Flavia coffee machine = yuk - Sat, 02/2/08 9:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by leethebard

Tried one at a place that offered it as a "perc" to it's customers. Liked the coffee a lot. Too expensive to switch , however.

chuckle

Kenny da Fat Man
  • Total Posts : 98
RE: Flavia coffee machine = yuk - Fri, 02/22/08 4:09 PM
I have a Kuerig coffie machine. Purchasing it was the greatest thing I've ever done! (sorry honey).