Hotdog chilli

jbh142
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Hotdog chilli - Thu, 01/31/08 4:25 AM
Anyone know a good site with all the natonial and world champions recipes listed. I am looking for some good recipes to try out for hotdogs.

MiamiDon
  • Total Posts : 4306

Tom-Fl
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: Hotdog chilli - Thu, 01/31/08 9:30 AM
Although the poster above gave what you asked for,comp chili may not always lend itself to great chili dogs.

The south and a pocket around east Ky,western WV tend to have a chilidog joint in many small towns.

You might give google a shot for hotdog chili in those areas.

Just a thought.

Tom

UncleVic
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Hotdog chilli - Fri, 02/1/08 1:46 AM
Huh... What flavor or style of chili sauce you looking for? (along with what type of dog are you serving it on)...
I've had a chili dog or 2 in my day, and possibly may be able to help ya..

UncleVic
RE: Hotdog chilli - Fri, 02/1/08 1:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tom-Fl

The south and a pocket around east Ky,western WV tend to have a chilidog joint in many small towns.

AMEN! I had a buddy that passed away down in Eastern KY.. Had his love for chili dogs that almost matched mine up north here.. Sadly, we never had the opportunity to do up a decent chili dog war... But I'm open for fellow fools that dare to challenge the North. (And I give special consideration for those with mason jars with an honest peach alongside with something fermented)..)..

jbh142
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Hotdog chilli - Fri, 02/1/08 2:08 AM
Looking for a good Nc style chilli first. I dont like beans in my chilli and I don't like runny chilli if that helps.

UncleVic
RE: Hotdog chilli - Fri, 02/1/08 2:25 AM
Drop me an email, and I'll send ya a recipe... (Let me know if you want a bite, or something simple)..

chewingthefat
  • Total Posts : 6103
RE: Hotdog chilli - Fri, 02/1/08 10:52 AM
Penzys sells the Chili seasonings of most of the first place winners from the world championship in Texas every year, you got to add the tomato sauce or whole tomatoes to your desired consistency, oh yeah, the meat also. For hot dog chili, you should let it cool some, then throw it in a blender.