Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY

Tony Bad
  • Total Posts : 5114
  • Reward points : 0
Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Sat, 02/16/08 10:03 PM
After a lovely morning spent trying to thaw out and repair a pump on an old boat, something that is oh so fun in 25 degree and windy weather, I thought...what a great day for ice cream. (As if there are days that ARE NOT great for ice cream!) So, with the heat set on high I drove over to[url='http://roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=4337']Snowflake Ice Cream[/url], my favorite ice cream stop.

Once there I was greeted with this sign...

This concoction is their finest chocolate ice cream, with a green tinted marshmallow swirl, what looked like streaks of fudge, and yes, candy corn. This is view of the container...taken thru the glass so it loses a bit of detail...

and here is the dish my 6 year old son, and boat repair assistant received. Do you really think ANY 6 year old could resist something called Gopher Guts??

The flavor was surprisingly good!

I opted for the far more sophisticated flavor called "banana split". Vanilla Ice cream with bananas, cherries, and walnuts.

I ordered mine as a sundae, as I can't pass up the marshmallow topping, which is almost impossible to find any more in this part of the world.

I could have left this sitting out all day and it wouldn't have melted...but I did not!

Snowflake is a place for great ice cream and is well worth a detour if you find yourself on the eastern end of Long Island.

Just remember...

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Sat, 02/16/08 10:14 PM
Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts is my ALLLLLL TIME favorite camp song

The flavor looked good too.

I agree with you Tony, never a bad time for Ice Cream!

Pigiron
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Sat, 02/16/08 10:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CajunKing

Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts is my ALLLLLL TIME favorite camp song

Funny you should mention camp, because Snowflake Ice Cream is located about 5 miles from the summercamp of my youth. I have a lot of fine memories of that place.

DPuro329
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Fri, 02/22/08 11:58 PM
Wow I haven't thought of that place in years. We used to go there when visiting my parents friends who had a house in Amagansett.

Dave

John A
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Sat, 02/23/08 7:07 AM
Thanks Tony. You're a better man then me to eat ice cream in that weather, now a six year old I can ubderstand.

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Mon, 12/9/13 6:49 PM
Word is that yesterday was the last day of the season for Snowflake until the spring. :( Sadly, I will have to rely on the goodness of friends who may have stored some in their freezer for my December visit.

ChiTownDiner
  • Total Posts : 2630
RE: Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY - Mon, 12/9/13 8:24 PM
Always loved Snowflake when we lived out east...nice memories!