Hot!I'm at a loss

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Fire Safety Admin
2008/02/23 23:39:30
for years I've made my chili beans with Texas Ranch Style beans. About a year ago I'd bought a case, 24 cans, at WM. I went in about 3 weeks ago to buy another. They didn't have any, no longer carry it.

So I checked 2 other grocery stores, no luck. Then another WM, zip. I went online and found it is a Con-Agra product. Their website sid that Target had them. So I made a special trip to Target. Nada.

So I broke down and used canned pintos, just wasn't the same. Last night I made a batch using Hanover brand Chili Beans. Better then plain pintos but still not the same.

I guess I'm gonna have to break down and pay a ridiculous price to have a case shipped to me.

These beans really made the taste I liked.

I've got a big pot-luck dinner on 3/15 that I want to make chili beans and cornbread for. Guess I better get shopping.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 14:16:48
Mike, I have a can of Ranch Style Beans in my hand. They are in almost every store here in Texas. But, I does not say Texas anywhere on the can. If I put beans in chili I use these also. I make other stuff with em to but maybe thats anouther thread.
Joe
Davydd
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 16:53:26
I thought Texans didn't put beans in chili. What gives?
David_NYC
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 17:42:32
Mike,

Have you tried those famous Rum Runners, Food Lion? They list a recipe using Ranch Style Beans on their web site:
http://www.foodlion.com/whatsnew/ConAgra-recipes.asp
jeepguy
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 18:12:56
Rum Runners? For the uneducated, what???
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 18:39:35
Davyd, read the chili section here and you will know that this Texan might put almost anything in his chili, including "smoked Oysrers"! Real Texans arnt skeerd about what they put in their chili!

The Ranch Style mystery, in Texas it does not say Texas Ranch Style.

And oh, I like the "sweet onion" and "jalapeno" flavors.
Joe
Russ Jackson
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 18:55:24
I just dont like this beans and chili thing. Next he will be asking which ketchup to put on a hot dog and how to make tuna salad with miracle whip....Russ
David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 18:57:08
Jeepguy,

The Food Lion chain sells a lot of southern regional grocery brands in their stores in WV, VA, DE, MD, and PA. None of their competitors do, so if you are looking for a southern brand, this chain might have it.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 19:23:09
Russ, as hard as I try to make a great pot of chili, my sweety says "it needs a little ketchup". Hey, it's OK. When making chili for just me and her I beat her to the punch! And oh, Miricle Whip is a whole nother story...

One of my daughters puts ketchup on everything. My requist is that she tasts it first. On rare occasion she says "It's fine like it is".

I think I might start a Ranch Style Beans thread. I have allot of recipes! Maybe next week, unless someone wants to beat me to the punch?
Joe
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 20:18:04
quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy
Rum Runners? For the uneducated, what???

Jeepguy,
Well, for one thing, it requires a fast boat....
Unprohibitionally, Ort. Carlton in Legally Wet For All Beverages Athens, Georgia.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 20:24:35
Dearfolk,
One brand or another of Ranch Style Beans is available in practically every store in Athens. There is the brand you specify here (Texas Ranch Style) and there's Husband Pleasin' Ranch Style Beans.
Oh -- by the way -- I don't care whether you put beans in your chili or not. (My late father made an occasional pot using garbanzos; he called it Tampa Style Chili, and it even contained leftover chicken & yellow rice!) I only care what it tastes like.
Be nice to have a bowl of something similar right about when I leave the library.
Nowhere Near Chillicothe, Ort. Carlton in Cool But Not Chili Athens, Georgia.
P. S. There's a township west of Rochester, New York named Chili... it's pronounced CHI.lie. Maybe I ought to ask for a bowl of CHI.lie at Allen's tomorrow.
seatown76
Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/24 20:40:07
Can you believe that they put pasta in the chili in Wisconsin........that ain't right.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 01:23:46
What throws me is Kidney beans in chili, I just hate that.

David NYC, I thought I checked FoodLion but I will again for sure. Thanks for the recipe.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 01:26:20
PapaJoe, not having a can in thwe house or county all I can go on is memory. I know fer sure they are Ranch Style and believe they say Texas on the can somewhere. OH wwll, I'll check FL tomorrow.
Davydd
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 09:44:47
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Davyd, read the chili section here and you will know that this Texan might put almost anything in his chili, including "smoked Oysrers"! Real Texans arnt skeerd about what they put in their chili!
Joe

Maybe I should put it another way from watching too many food shows. Every Texas chili cookoff contest I've watched they NEVER put beans in the chili.

My wife puts beans in chili and thinks it is proper. My mother put both beans and chopped spaghetti in chili. My chili has no beans, no spaghetti and no hamburger.

David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 11:32:21
Chains others have reported selling Ranch Style beans produced by ConAgra are Harris-Teeter and Sav-A-Lot, but a phone call to the local store before going is definitely in order here.
Rusty246
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 11:37:43
quote:
Originally posted by MikeS.

David NYC, I thought I checked FoodLion but I will again for sure. Thanks for the recipe.

Wow, I'm glad I read all the way through this thread. I use both dark and light kidney beans, always have always will.Guess I won't make that suggestion now!
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/25 15:00:43
quote:

Concur. I despise them so much I pick them out.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 03:01:31
Davydd, please notice that in the very 1st sentence I specify chili beans. They are a totally seperate item from chili. My parents both came from Texas to Calif where I was born and raised. I know how to make a decent "bowl of red" when I want to. I prefer chili beans and make that more often.

MikeS.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 03:05:52
Rusty246, having spent my 1st 41 years in Calif. I don't ever remember being served chili beans made with kidney beans. I didn't stumble upon that style until I traveled east of the Mississippi in 1985. I don't care for kidney beans in any style. But detest them in chili. I just won't eat any chili that is made with them.

Feel free to make yours anyway you like them.
Russ Jackson
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 09:57:38
quote:

Davydd, please notice that in the very 1st sentence I specify chili beans. They are a totally seperate item from chili. My parents both came from Texas to Calif where I was born and raised. I know how to make a decent "bowl of red" when I want to. I prefer chili beans and make that more often.

MikeS.

MikeS could you share the recipe?...Thanks Russ
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 10:32:22
quote:
Originally posted by Davydd

Every Texas chili cookoff contest I've watched they NEVER put beans in the chili.

That's because, beans are not allowed in sanctioned events except in the people's choice category. But, as I've argued before, the omission of beans from the competition is merely to tighten the ingredients list so that the competition chilis can actually be compared to one another, rather than a rule created for any "auntheticity" reasons. If the ingredients list was too large, and allowed for beans, the chilis would be too different to be compared. Competition chili is also much hotter (spicy hot) than regular chili. I think most people around the country would find the competition winning chilis unpalatable. Competition cooking is a whole other beast.

Rusty246
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 10:35:53
quote:

Rusty246, having spent my 1st 41 years in Calif. I don't ever remember being served chili beans made with kidney beans. I didn't stumble upon that style until I traveled east of the Mississippi in 1985. I don't care for kidney beans in any style. But detest them in chili. I just won't eat any chili that is made with them.

I wonder if it's a W.Va thing? I just make it the way my Mom makes it, have no idea who taught her....my parents as well as my grandparents were all born and raised in W.Va. I was born there but moved to FL at a very early age. Can any fellow W. Virginians help me out?
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/26 12:27:04
Can someone smarter than me maybe find a picture of a can of Ranch Style Beans that says "Texas" on it, and post it here? I remember maybe seeing this somewhere. Maybe Con Agra puts Texas on the label as a marketing ploy in states other than Texas?

Oh, I like the "sweet onion" and "jalapeno" flavors of Ranch Style Beans also.
Joe
David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 00:37:42
PapaJoe,

There are two different labels depicted on the following three pages.The one on Amazon.com reads "Original Texas Beans, authentic Western Flavor". The trademark is just the two words "Ranch Style".

http://www.texmex.net/products/foods.htm
http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2006/08/to-bean-or-not-to-bean.html
http://www.amazon.com/Ranch-Style-Original-Texas-Beans/dp/B000K2CSS0

There are also references on the web that indicate that what now says Appetite Pleasin' on one of the labels used to say Husband Pleasin' ( as originally mentioned above by Ort. Carlton.) PC, no doubt.

Latest news on the web indicates ConAgra will continue production in Fort Worth, rather than move production to north Fort Worth. I saw some Ro-tel tomato products today in a Big Lots out on Long Island, and the label had an address of a ConAgra post office box number in Dallas.

Trademark Info:
Typed Drawing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word Mark RANCH STYLE
Goods and Services IC 030. US 046. G & S: Rice. FIRST USE: 19991000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19991000
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76317810
Filing Date September 28, 2001
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition November 5, 2002
Registration Number 2680166
Registration Date January 28, 2003
Owner (REGISTRANT) ConAgra Grocery Products Company CORPORATION DELAWARE 3353 Michelson Drive Irvine CALIFORNIA 92612
(LAST LISTED OWNER) CONAGRA BRANDS, INC. CORPORATION NEBRASKA ONE CONAGRA DRIVE OMAHA NEBRASKA 68102

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Patrick C. Stephenson
Prior Registrations 0726319;0910457;1781600
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
saps
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 00:46:35
It's good to see that any chili thread still degenerates into a debate about beans.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 00:55:49
And it shall never end Saps... Never mind the proteins or nutrients, lets just hate the bean.
(then have it as a side dish with our tacos or tex-mex dinner).
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 02:10:39
I've never seen kidney beans served as a side dish to Mexican or Tex-Mex food Vic.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 03:08:10
Enginecapt... I took your original response on the wrong foot... Now that I read it again, I get a good laugh... Kidney beans are served as a side dish all over the poor nation of Michigan! I love kidney beans,.. Heck, never thought of incorporating them into a tex-mex mess, but I bet, given time, I could come up with something...
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 03:30:15
I love beans in chili, but not kidneys. Pintos, yes.

P.S. I read that as Tex-mess...... hey, a new name for Texas cuisine!
johnreed
Hamburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 04:46:43
quote:

for years I've made my chili beans with Texas Ranch Style beans. About a year ago I'd bought a case, 24 cans, at WM. I went in about 3 weeks ago to buy another. They didn't have any, no longer carry it.

So I checked 2 other grocery stores, no luck. Then another WM, zip. I went online and found it is a Con-Agra product. Their website sid that Target had them. So I made a special trip to Target. Nada.

So I broke down and used canned pintos, just wasn't the same. Last night I made a batch using Hanover brand Chili Beans. Better then plain pintos but still not the same.

I guess I'm gonna have to break down and pay a ridiculous price to have a case shipped to me.

I've got a big pot-luck dinner on 3/15 that I want to make chili beans and cornbread for. Guess I better get shopping.

That's a problem I encounter constantly at Wal-Mart, Mike. Interestingly, I saw Ranch Style Beans at WM here just two days ago.

Wal-Mart's marketing is very strange.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 07:19:30
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

quote:

Wow, I'm glad I read all the way through this thread. I use both dark and light kidney beans, always have always will.Guess I won't make that suggestion now!

I always use dark red kidney beans.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 07:24:07
Is this the stuff you are looking for?

http://store.asianfoodcompany.com/rastbe.html?gclid=CJjCnLCt5JECFQPGsgod-zVhfA
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 07:53:52
Mike, damned if the Texas Beans aren't off the shelf at my local supermarket. I went to grab for them today and nuttin. Gone.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 11:36:40
Yall tell those stores they need to carry Ranch Style Beans! Can any of you get the Jalapeno and Sweet Onion flavors? Almost every store in north Texas has all 3 kinds. I like to mix one can of each just for eating by themselves. They are good w/ BBQ also!
Joe
Rusty246
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 12:00:35
I've never considered myself an idiot when it comes to types of beans but what KIND of bean is a Ranch Style Bean and what makes it "Ranch" style, "Texas" style?
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 12:12:05
quote:

Yall tell those stores they need to carry Ranch Style Beans! Can any of you get the Jalapeno and Sweet Onion flavors? Almost every store in north Texas has all 3 kinds. I like to mix one can of each just for eating by themselves. They are good w/ BBQ also!
Joe
Joe, they do carry Ranch Style. That's what I had to settle for now that the Texas beans have disappeared.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 13:25:54
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

quote:

MikeS.

MikeS could you share the recipe?...Thanks Russ

Russ, it is here in this forum from a year or 2 ago. Give me a day or so to find it on my other 'puter and I'll send it to you.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 13:36:18
MiamiDon, close but no cigar. None of those say Texas Ranch Style.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 13:37:19
Rusty, I have no idea what species of bean they are. Tasty though.
Big_g
Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 13:50:43
Try this link,
http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brands/getBrand.do?page=ranch_style
David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/27 15:04:22
PapaJoe suggested that ConAgra was using two different labels for the same product.

To enginecapt and others with Ranch Style brand beans in their cupboard:

I found a website with the ingredients (as of Jan 07) of the Texas Ranch Style beans:
INGREDIENTS:
Pinto beans, water, tomato puree, less than 2% of: blend of vegetable oils and animal fat (partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil and rendered beef fat), salt, chili peppers, sugar, paprika, vinegar, spices, onion powder, garlic powder, natural flavors, soy lecithin.
Contains: Soy.

Nutrition Data for 1/2 cup, 131 gram serving:
Calores: 130
Calories from fat: 25
Total Fat: 2.5 gram
Saturated Fat: 1 gram
Trans Fat: 0 gram
Cholesterol: 0 gram
Sodium: 590 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 gram
Dietary Fiber 6 gram
Sugars 2 gram
Protein 6 gram
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4%
Iron 10%

I also found a list of UPC numbers for 15 ounce cans beans:
46900-00106 "Original" Beans
46900-00122 Pinto
46900-00123 Pinto w/ Jalapenos
46900-00158 Black Beans
46900-00171 Beans w/ Sweet Onions

Also a number for a 96 ounce #10 foodservice can of "Original" Beans:
46900-00116

Also a number for Ranch Style Brand Beans Texas Original, weight unknown:
46900-00112

Another site has another description for UPC 46900-00106: Ranch Style Brand Texas Beans Original

So, do any beans you have at home line up with the ingredient and nutrition list of the "Original Texas Beans, Authentic Western Flavor" listed above?
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/02/28 08:34:39
All looks the same on my can except "soy lecithin. Contains: soy". Does anyone have a can that has the soy? Maybe they took the soy out some time back?

And my can says "appetite pleasin" and "real western flavor" on the front of the label.

I still think Ranch and Texas Ranch is the same stuff. Just a different label.

My jalapeno beans are the origional, not pinto. I have had the pinto though.
Joe

David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/05/26 21:09:23
I bought some today, Ranch Style(R) Brand Original Texas Beans, Authentic Western Flavor. Just like Mike described them. At 1998 Bruckner Blvd in the South Bronx! A Super K-Mart. On sale. 70 cents a can, down from 90 cents a can. The label is as here:
http://www.amazon.com/Ranch-Style-Original-Texas-Beans/dp/B000K2CSS0

The ingredient list and nuitrition data is as in my post here on February 27th. The UPC is 46900-00106, one of the numbers I listed in that post. The only thing I did not previously post is contact info: 1-800-799-7300, ConAgra Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 802521, Dallas, Texas 75380-2521
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/05/31 23:01:42
Thanks David, I'm going to try my local K-marts and if that doesn't work I'm going to call them.
Navy_Brat913
Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/19 02:29:49
Not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but a website called www.hometownfavorites.com has a LOT of hard to find ingredients. You have to order $20 worth to get it, but I just ordered $15 of my favorite pizza sauce and $5 of my dad's favorite hard to find candy, it was $11 shipping, but arrived in less than 2 days. It's kind of a last resort, obviously because of the cost of shipping, but they might have it.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/19 10:33:15
I wonder why Con agra thinks it is smart to put "Texas" on the label, but not in Texas???

There are three flavors of these beans;
Origional
Jalapeno
Sweet Onion

I like to mix a can of each... makes a good pot of easy beans thats good w/ Q.

That hometownfavorites is a neat site. Lots of hard to find stuff. They also have a list of things that are no longer made. That is a good thing for folks looking for things that no longer exist. I found Ireland's canned BBQ on that list. Hmmm, I might have mentioned the site on my "canned BBQ" thread?
Joe
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/19 11:22:16
quote:

I wonder why Con agra thinks it is smart to put "Texas" on the label, but not in Texas???

Joe

the same reason they simply call them "wings" in Buffalo. No sense in redundancy, that is to say, there's so sense in repeating oneself, again.

PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/19 11:34:13
Good point Score. I still find it strange that they make two labels. But hey, I don't know beans about marketing beans.
Joe
David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/19 18:49:22
PapaJoe,

I don't think we ever resolved the discrepancy between the soy in the beans I bought on May 26th, and the lack of soy in the beans in your pantry.

As for the different labels, the pictures I have seen of the vintage labels on cans sold in Texas and nearby states may fail to attract new customers up here who see them for the first time on a grocer's shelf. The label up here seems to have cribbed the design from an amalagam of the labels of Bush's, Hanover, Progresso, and other beans brands sold up here.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 02:10:38
I did a little research on this and even emailed Con Agra.
Ranch Style beans are just plain ol' beans like Campbells.

The Texas Style Beans had chili-like seasonings in them like cumin, onion, etc. The Corporate "SUITS" in all their wisdom, have apparently discontinued Texas Style Beans. They've decided to introduce a new line of beans.
post edited by Foodbme - 2010/02/20 03:26:05
David_NYC
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 05:37:14
Well, that explains it. HometownFavorites shows the Texas Ranch Style on back order with an expected date of June 25th, but that may be a computer-generated bogus date. The bottom line is that HometownFavorites doesn't have any to sell to you right now. The Amazon site shows them as unavailable. Two food products with the same list of ingredients on the label which including the word 'spices' can taste completely different because they don't tell you the spice mixture. But ConAgra's web site says "Ranch Style Beans are made with a delicious blend of spices that creates a unique, bold flavor synonymous with authentic Southwestern cookin'." So, I don't think Ranch Style were completely plain ol' beans.

So maybe the thing to do now is find a similar product to the Texas Ranch Style beans that is sold at retail in areas that formerly carried the Texas Ranch Style beans. Like something from Joan of Arc, Brooks Chili Beans, Target's Pantry brand, etc.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 09:59:01
Davy, good point about shelf marketing to folks not familliar with this kind of bean. The word Texas would let folks know there is something dufferent, and maybe worth a try, in this can of beans. I am still not sure about the "soy" deal. My bet though is Con Agra never made two kinds of "Ranch" beans at the same time. Different states may have some different regulations about what, and how" to list things on the label.

Foodb, the regular Ranch beans do have a chili like flavor that is nothing like a regular bean. The same bean w/ two labels is still my bet. They are real popular here in Texas but they do not say Texas on the label.

Bottom line is if you can find ranch Style Beans made by con agra... buy em. Thats what we eat here in Texas and we do know beans about our ranch style beans. :~)

The mixture of the three Ranch flavors is my favorite way to eat these beans. The Jalapeno Ranch Style Beans really add a kik to the whole deal. The Sweet Onion adds a balance to the kik. My "beans and wieners" are requested at weddings in my family. It's just a pack of cheep skinless dogs per three can Ranch mixture.
Joe
Edit; Did they forget about the chili I worked years to perfect? Oh well, they do request it for our big family Halloween party.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 10:13:55
quote:

Try Wegman's. I think the one nearest you is on Rt. 28, a mile or so south of Rt. 7 in Dulles, VA. One of the many things I miss about NOVA is Wegman's.

Needless to say that down here in Dallas every single grocery and warehouse stocks your Texas Ranch-Style Beans, 'cept we don't use 'em in Chili!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 10:54:26
Your sooo right Jim! Cept they don't say Texas on our labels. Or, do some stores here sell the "Texas" label?
Joe
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 11:03:46
quote:

Your sooo right Jim! Cept they don't say Texas on our labels. Or, do some stores here sell the "Texas" label?
Joe

Come to think of it, you're right; I just see the (predominantly) black cans everywhere saying "Ranch Style"; up north the labels include "Texas". Never bought a can, but I assume I've had them at Dickey's, where all the sides come out of a can or tub and the meats are "BBQ'd" with gas!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2008/06/20 11:24:56
Jim, I once like the original Dicky's on Central. Now %&*#@. Try Back Country on Greenville. And have a rib.
Joe
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: I'm at a loss 2009/01/18 17:05:14
Update;
FoodB mentioned that Texas Style beans were being discontinued.  The Ranch Style beans are still being sold, and taste just like they always did, at least here in north Texas.

Like spicy?... try the jalapeno Ranch Style beans. As mentioned earlier... my fav is to mix all three flavors.
Joe
Bill Reynolds
Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2009/02/28 23:39:05
Rusty246

[id=quote font="arial, helvetica"]quote: Originally posted by MikeS.

I wonder if it's a W.Va thing? I just make it the way my Mom makes it, have no idea who taught her....my parents as well as my grandparents were all born and raised in W.Va. I was born there but moved to FL at a very early age. Can any fellow W. Virginians help me out?

Rusty, I've got your back if you have mine. Just like you, that was the way my mother and grandmother always made it and it has always worked for me. I grew up in Tennessee and moved to Florida quiet a few years ago.

MGWerks
Cheeseburger
RE: I'm at a loss 2009/03/01 21:27:48
Don't forget, ConAgra didn't make up these beans, they just bought them from another company.  The Ranch Style brand has its roots deep in the heart of Texas. Great Western Foods, the company that created the brand and the Ranch Style Brand Beans product, traces its origins to a commissary established in Denison, Texas in 1872, but it wasn't until 1934 that Ranch Style Brand Beans were introduced to consumers. Lloyd W. McKee, one of the past presidents, is the man credited with the creation of the authentic, western-style recipe.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2