1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies

Junior Burger
2008/03/04 13:15:30
Does anyone recall these cookies? They came in a bag in the 70s and came in 3 flavors--French Vanilla, Chocolate Fudge and Lemon Creme Sandwich Cookies???? I grew up on these in the 70s and foudn them about 8 years ago, havent seen since. They were sandwich cookies with a swirly desin on the exterior.
justtable
Cheeseburger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/04 13:31:27
Remember them, I still have dreams about the French Vanila Cremes.....At some point they became part of Keeblers "Classic Cookie" collection and went into limited production, soon followed by never seen again. I can't imagine they would not sell if they were resurected. Heck, every kid our age, and I assume you are of similar age (I'm 41) grew up on these cookies.

Until then waiting for someone at keebler to re-introduce theses amazing gems.................................It will probably get you promoted...................
brookquarry
Cheeseburger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/05 06:53:29
i'm 51 and the French Vanilla were my favorite cookies as a teenager.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/05 13:31:51
My grandma retired from Keebler here in Grand Rapids back in the 70's. Talk about a kid with a sugar buzz going... She used to bring home freebies every night. Pretty much had everything they made.
Lindseyup67
Cheeseburger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/08 08:29:28
Try the new Golden Oreos....they are delish and taste a lot like the keebler....probably as close as we can get !!!
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/08 08:55:20
Golden Oreo's,yes...pretty darn good!
justtable
Cheeseburger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/03/08 09:55:28
Just not the same....don't get me wrong I'm an oreo fan....well at least the classic...and even the double stuff....but all of these other....uh ohs, peanut butter...heck I eben saw strawberry......nah.....not that I blame them, but kind of a classic guy.

Keeber employees...probably directed to product managers.....look in the vault, pull the recipe, take thedies out of storage...bring back the vanila, fudge and lemon cremes....instant ticket to V.P.

need more help, call me!
gcjackso
Junior Burger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/04/09 22:01:09
I have looked for these cookies to the point of e-mailing Keebler one night and asking if they would bring them back to our grocery stores! They were my very favorites of All-Time! I've tried the Golden Oreos. . .close, but no cigar. I will tell you what comes closer, although it is not a sandwich cookie. The Girl Scout lemon cookies - not the small ones but the large ones that come with icing on one side. Granted, they are lemony and not vanilla, but something about them is similar. My family has "abused" me about my obsession with finding these French Vanilla Creme cookies, but, I'm determined to find them somewhere!!!
gcjackso
Junior Burger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/04/09 22:06:38
fyi. . .They also discontinued production of what they called "Opera Cremes" which were sandwich cookies made like the French Vanillas, but they were chocolate and vanilla, with lemon filling. Pretty good as well.
jslar
Junior Burger
RE: 1970s Keebler French Vanilla Sandwich Cookies 2008/05/02 16:54:45
For a while they brought the French Vanillas back around the holidays as one of the Keebler holiday cookie collection. Then they put out another similar cookie using Mickey Mouse, called Disney's Magic Middles. Those were a little disconcerting if just because the cookies were red and blue and green. Just didn't seem right to taste so similar to the old cookies.

They seem to be completely gone now. I haven't seen them in the holiday cookies or otherwise in a couple of years now. Pretty sad (that they're gone and my devotion to them).