SPACE FOOD STICKS

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2008/03/09 20:36:52
SPACE FOOD STICKS
...Russ
jimsock9
Cheeseburger
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/09 20:39:15
I'd like 1 mixed case for 30 bucks, please.......
boyardee65
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/09 21:40:50
What the heck are they???!!! Never heard of them. Is it candy, or what?

David O.
zeebaneighba
Hamburger
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/09 22:28:48
Is this the Web site?

http://www.spacefoodsticks.com/spacefood/index.html

Check out the vintage newspaper ad in particular (I love the mockup of a real news story!) I do remember these in the late 1960s. I think I begged my poor mother to buy a box; I was always very susceptible to advertising. From what I remember, the chocolate ones were sort of like a Tootsie Roll nougat. Keep in mind, too, that this was during the time of the Apollo moon landing, so anything "space" related was very much in fashion.
Russ Jackson
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/10 09:07:40
quote:
Originally posted by zeebaneighba

Is this the Web site?

http://www.spacefoodsticks.com/spacefood/index.html

Check out the vintage newspaper ad in particular (I love the mockup of a real news story!) I do remember these in the late 1960s. I think I begged my poor mother to buy a box; I was always very susceptible to advertising. From what I remember, the chocolate ones were sort of like a Tootsie Roll nougat. Keep in mind, too, that this was during the time of the Apollo moon landing, so anything "space" related was very much in fashion.

I ordered a T-Shirt...Russ
DavidEMartin
Cheeseburger
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/12 15:20:20
Somewhere buried back in the Archives here is a long thread about Space Food Sticks. I always kept a box in my Junior High locker for between-class snacking.
brittneal
RE: SPACE FOOD STICKS 2008/03/12 15:38:11
I seem to recall another space-age candy. It came in squeeze tubes. I recall chocolate and strawberry.
Anyone else or is this one of those fantasy kid memories?
britt