• Total Posts : 5546
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Wed, 03/12/08 9:33 AM
I'm definately going to look for that.

nicolem
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Wed, 03/12/08 12:28 PM
Yea! Cannot wait to pick up some Kosher Coke and Kosher Pepsi. We pick it up every year-nothing like the real thing without that garbage HFCS

Nicolem

nicolem
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/11/08 9:15 AM
After a great trip to NJ/Philly this past weekend to see my Flyers clinch a playoff spot- we came home with tons of our favorties-good coldcuts, tastycakes, wawa, pizza, subs, etc. However, I am most excited about the 4 bottles of Koher Coke and the 4 bottles of Kosher Pepsi we brought pack. One Coke already gone and working on the first Pepsi. Delicious!!

Nicolem

Russ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 2257
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/11/08 9:26 AM
We should stop buying those products until they put the real stuff back in it. The first time I went to Atlanta I went to the Coca Cola Museum and had some Coke. It was amazing. Nothing like the product serve in bottles and cans today. Even Mexican Coke in glass bottles didnt stack up to the stuff they serve there.

Coke The Real Thing......I think not
...Russ

KOK
  • Total Posts : 333
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/11/08 2:51 PM
Just as the Kosher for Passover Coke is easy to spot by looking for the yellow cap, the Kosher for Passover Pepsi can be noted by the white cap, instead of blue.

Kevin

Robearjr
  • Total Posts : 1102
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/11/08 6:34 PM
You would figure the soft drink companies would be willing to sell a premium product and higher prices. When you think back to all of the stupid ideas they tired:MAX, Light, Clear, etc..., why won't they try a sugar based product?

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/11/08 6:47 PM
I called a friend of mine to see where the Kosher Coke is located,for sure.I found the Kosher Meat Club here in Milwaukee-a little corner Kosher grocery store-and will stop on Sunday to stock up-yippee!

brickie
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 04/12/08 10:29 AM
I'm from eastern CT.
Anyone know where they carry K- coke?
I've found 0 here.
Thanks!

nicolem
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 04/12/08 6:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by brickie

I'm from eastern CT.
Anyone know where they carry K- coke?
I've found 0 here.
Thanks!

Do you have a Stop and Shop nearby? I don't know for sure but they usually have a fairly decent size Kosher section for Passover here in NH. Last year I was able to buy it there- I have not checked this year as I stocked up in NJ.

brickie
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Wed, 04/16/08 4:07 PM
I got em!
Stop & shop Glastonbury.

nicolem
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 7:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by brickie

I got em!
Stop & shop Glastonbury.

Yea!!! Enjoy!!

Nicolem

tmiles
  • Total Posts : 1909
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 1:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robearjr

You would figure the soft drink companies would be willing to sell a premium product and higher prices. When you think back to all of the stupid ideas they tired:MAX, Light, Clear, etc..., why won't they try a sugar based product?

I tried the Pepsi MAX yesterday. I'll admit that the ads got to me. The dozed off folks in the ads who come to life after drinking the product do a really good acting job. Since none of them got speaking roles, I wonder if the pay for them has been good?? The song writers and band certainly got a nice and probably unexpected payday. Well, anyway, back to MAX, it is very so-so for a diet drink. I was at one time addicted to Mountain Dew (non diet) and regular Coke, but all the diet products, though some can be ok, are take it or leave it in my book.

rmcielwain
  • Total Posts : 607
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 7:44 PM

As for the MAX ads, that's a takeoff on the "SNL" skit with the two nightclub hopping brothers; the
guy at the end who gets frustrated and yells "Stop It!", was former "SNL" member Chris Kattan, who
was one of the brothers (along with Will Ferrell).

mousec
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 7:56 PM
You do relaize that Coke is running a promotion and all of the caps are yellow. You need to take a close look at the bottle to determine if you are purchasing "passover coke" or HFCS coke.

This would acutally make a good commerical. Charlten Heston coming down the mountain with two bottles of Kosher Coke instead of the Ten Commandments. Thou shalt not drink Pepsi

brickie
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 8:02 PM
My bottles say sucrose.
Also there is Hebrew writing on the top of the cap.

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/17/08 11:37 PM
Dearfolk,
My favorite Kroger (Alps Road here in Athens) has large yellow-cap bottles of Coke in stock as we speak (er, write!). They also were shipped some Kosher-for-Passover Diet Coke (I kid you not... the store manager showed me the notation). Trouble is, while there's a sizeable Jewish community here (our synagogue was established in 1872), not many people keep Kosher, even at Passover! The stuff is seemingly just sitting there, having only gone down by 10 to 15% since it came in!
Thanks for reminding me... I need to buy a box of matzos to munch on. Believe it or not, that's one of my favoritest snacking foods!
I'm Gonna Have A Matzoh Ball, Ort. Carlton in Party Down Athens, Georgia.

tmiles
  • Total Posts : 1909
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 10:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mousec

This would acutally make a good commerical. Charlten Heston coming down the mountain with two bottles of Kosher Coke instead of the Ten Commandments. Thou shalt not drink Pepsi

lol! that is a great idea, and if it gets used, we can all brag that we saw it hear first!!!! Actually, though, in keeping with the season, I think that the computer made Mr Heston should say, "Thou shat not use HFCS, especially during Passover" Thanks for the laugh

Robearjr
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 3:08 PM
I bought a bunch of 2 liter bottles, but I didn't see any cans or single serve bottles. Does anyone know if Coke offers different sizes?

KOK
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 3:14 PM
quote:
I bought a bunch of 2 liter bottles, but I didn't see any cans or single serve bottles. Does anyone know if Coke offers different sizes?
I have purchased 6-pack cans in Pittsburgh and New York. This year, the cans were not available in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure about New York. Only 2 liters have ever (going back 20 years) been available in the DC/Balt area.

rumaki
  • Total Posts : 967
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 3:15 PM
Lunds in the Twin Cities carries six-packs of 12-ounce cans, both Coke and Diet Coke. We've stockpiled quite a bit of it.

KOK
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 3:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rumaki
Lunds in the Twin Cities carries six-packs of 12-ounce cans, both Coke and Diet Coke. We've stockpiled quite a bit of it.
I'm VERY jealous. The cans keep a long, long time, while the two liters start to go flat (even unopened) after a few months. You really don't need to buy the KP Diet Coke as the formula is no different, the simply clean out the production line to make it kosher for passover.

rumaki
  • Total Posts : 967
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 3:22 PM
That's true.

I never touch Diet Coke in any form, myself. I just included it as a point of information.

Robearjr
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 8:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KOK

quote:
I have purchased 6-pack cans in Pittsburgh and New York. This year, the cans were not available in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure about New York. Only 2 liters have ever (going back 20 years) been available in the DC/Balt area.

I imagine it has something to do with the regional bottlers, but I can't understand why Pitt and not Baltimore. Pitt is not exactly known for being a Jewish city, but Baltimore certainly is. I think Baltimore is easily in the top ten in both total Jewish population and Jewish percentage of population.

Ort. Carlton.
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/18/08 8:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.
My favorite Kroger (Alps Road here in Athens) has large yellow-cap bottles of Coke in stock as we speak (er, write!).... The stuff is seemingly just sitting there, having only gone down by 10 to 15% since it came in.

Dearfolk,
I spoke/wrote too soon... as of last night, it was goney-goney. It seems that a couple of non-Jews who will only drink Coca-Cola sweetened with cane sugar came in and bought it all up!
Unfizzically, Ort. Carlton in 30601-Land.

nysharks
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Mon, 03/30/09 12:16 AM
 Picked up my first bottle of Kosher for Passover Coke for this year.  I also noticed that they had Kosher Sprite and Kosher Diet Coke.  Not sure what makes the Diet Coke Kosher.  Does any other soda company make Kosher soda?

6star
  • Total Posts : 4388
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Mon, 03/30/09 2:18 AM
According to this website Passover Pepsi is already available also:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2200448/posts

Also, see the "Passover Coke - 12 oz cans?" thread.
<message edited by 6star on Mon, 03/30/09 10:12 AM>

brickie
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Mon, 03/30/09 2:57 PM
Picking up 8- 2 liter bottles today!

DLnWPBrown
  • Total Posts : 832
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Mon, 03/30/09 3:35 PM
I can't find it around Cary so I have to buy the high priced imported Coke from Mexico.

Dennis in Cary

jonjax71
  • Total Posts : 435
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Tue, 03/31/09 1:01 AM
Granted, the real Coca Cola hasn't been around for almost 100 when they removed the cocaine from it about 100 yars ago.

My best friend back in the 70s worked at the Los Angeles Coca Cola bottling plant as did his father. He told me weeks ahead of time that Coke was changinf their formula and since back then both my wife and I were heavy Coca Cola consumers, we stocked up, After they changed formula to the new Coke and the public out cry forced to them to go back to the other formula it was never the same  That was all planned in advanced because Coke had lost a good share of their market to Pepsi.

The so called "classic Coke" is not the same as it was prior to the change, it's closer to what is was before but not the same

Treetop Tom
  • Total Posts : 321
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Tue, 03/31/09 9:15 PM
nysharks

Picked up my first bottle of Kosher for Passover Coke for this year.  I also noticed that they had Kosher Sprite and Kosher Diet Coke.  Not sure what makes the Diet Coke Kosher.  Does any other soda company make Kosher soda?

Dr. Browns makes a KfP sugar-sweetened formula of their Cream Soda and Black Cherry Soda in 1 liter bottles.  Tragically, they do not do the same for their iconic Cel-Ray (celery) Soda. 

dasl_4
  • Total Posts : 187
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/2/09 4:35 PM

I find the Kosher Coke has a caramel flavor to it .. and it is foamy vs fizzy like a root beer
<message edited by dasl_4 on Thu, 04/2/09 4:36 PM>

starfire62
  • Total Posts : 220
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/3/09 11:46 PM
i bought 10   2 liters at wegmans for $1.49 a bottle.cant believe how good it tastes and how much it foams when you pour it.

ConeyIslandLou
  • Total Posts : 737
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 04/4/09 8:08 AM
Not only does Kosher Coke taste better, it goes with food a MILLION times better - as Coke USED to do! Remember back in the 60's Coke used to advertise 'Food goes better with Coke', etc? Well, it was the absolute truth! When the idiots in Atlanta decided to save themselves a few fractions of penny per case by going to HFCS, they lost that ONE edge they had over Poopsi.

By the way, one way to enjoy Coke with sucrose outside of Passover, is to go to your neighborhood  7/11, and have a Coke Slurpee - 7/11 has to have its Slurpees certified Kosher, so it makes the Coke syrup for those with sucrose. And that applies to all of the Slurpee flavors, as well.  I had a Mountain Dew Slurpee recently, and it was HEAVEN!

drpep
  • Total Posts : 335
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 04/4/09 7:37 PM
nysharks

Not sure what makes the Diet Coke Kosher.  

Does a Rabbi have to oversee production?

drpep
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Tue, 04/7/09 9:22 PM
 Picked up 2 liter Kosher Pepsi today at Tops Market in Elmira, NY.

drpep
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Tue, 04/7/09 9:26 PM
 What makes Diet Coke Kosher is that it has to have a seperate production line to make sure it does not come into contact with any corn syrup.

speechpeach
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/9/09 7:09 PM
I didn't see any Kosher Coke or Pepsi today at Kroger when I quickly scanned the shelves..surely I can find some at Toco Hills Kroger when I am in Atlanta this weekend.

drpep
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Thu, 04/9/09 9:53 PM
 Kosher Pepsi should have a white cap.

nysharks
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 04/10/09 11:07 PM
 You may have to look in 2 places for the kosher Coke.  Some stores have the kosher Coke displayed with other items for Passover and away from the regular Coke and other stores have them mixed with the regular Coke.

starfire62
  • Total Posts : 220
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Fri, 07/10/09 11:01 PM
is kosher coke only available around easter? or are there any other jewish holidays its available like around hannakuh.  thanks

myterry2
  • Total Posts : 526
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 07/11/09 12:18 AM
I buy a case of the Mexican coke, 24 bottles at my local fruit fruit market Antons' in Northbrook, illinois for $25...been buying cases of it...it's the best from coke I have had in along time.

drpep
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 07/11/09 4:22 PM
 Easter is not a Jewish holiday. Kosher Coca- Cola comes out only during Passover.

JudgeMaven
  • Total Posts : 30
Re:Its Yellow Cap Coke Time again! - Sat, 07/11/09 5:41 PM
drpep

Easter is not a Jewish holiday. Kosher Coca- Cola comes out only during Passover.

Coca-Cola is kosher year-round, but comes out with its Kosher for Passover version a few weeks before Passover (which usually falls around Easter).

I'm in Israel, and have a bottle of non-KforP next to me. There is no HFCS in it as a sweetner, just sugar (and some artificial flavoring...).

Shani

Porto
  • Total Posts : 1
330 CC CANNED SOURCHERRY NECTAR - Sat, 07/11/09 8:48 PM

Hi! We produce 330 cc sourcherry juice. For the modified atmospere gas, we use nitrogen. But we have for about    3-4% non filled nitrogen. How can I recover from this situation?

EMERGENT!!!

drpep
Re:330 CC CANNED SOURCHERRY NECTAR - Sun, 07/12/09 2:57 PM
 RUN!!!! Run fast and run far. You don't have much time!!!!!