Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies

phlmaestro
  • Total Posts : 346
  • Reward points : 0
Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies - Thu, 03/13/08 12:12 PM
The lunch truck next to the building I work in generally stocks the small bags of mini Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies, which I have always liked. In the past few weeks, they've also been putting out Linden's Chocolate Chippers in similarly small bags; and also mini cookies. I was skeptical that they would be as good as Famous Amos, but decided to give them a try. To my surprise, not only are they as good as Famous Amos, but they're better; and by a wide margin.

They are crispier, with a nice crunch and have a noticeably stronger chocolate flavor that Amos.

The company is based out of Congers, NY.

jimsock9
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies - Thu, 03/13/08 12:18 PM
I used to get those cookies (Linden's)in the school cafeteria for 15 cents, which got you 3 cookies - big cookies, a bit more than 3" across, I'd say. They were some of the greatest cookies I've ever had in my life, along with Gauchos and Fudgetowns. Oddly enough, I just thought about them this morning....

Lexi
  • Total Posts : 248
RE: Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies - Thu, 03/13/08 12:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jimsock9

I used to get those cookies (Linden's)in the school cafeteria for 15 cents, which got you 3 cookies - big cookies, a bit more than 3" across, I'd say. They were some of the greatest cookies I've ever had in my life, along with Gauchos and Fudgetowns. Oddly enough, I just thought about them this morning....

And when I was in high school, my nutritionally deficient lunch was always Linden's Butter Crunch cookies and a can of Diet 7-Up. Sorry, Jim, but during my time they were a quarter - which makes me younger than you! I'm not sure they even make them anymore, but if I found them again I'd have to have some for old time's sake. If nothing else, just to feel 17 again.

jimsock9
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies - Thu, 03/13/08 12:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lexi

quote:

And when I was in high school, my nutritionally deficient lunch was always Linden's Butter Crunch cookies and a can of Diet 7-Up. Sorry, Jim, but during my time they were a quarter - which makes me younger than you! I'm not sure they even make them anymore, but if I found them again I'd have to have some for old time's sake. If nothing else, just to feel 17 again.

That was a nice post, Lex!

phlmaestro
  • Total Posts : 346
RE: Linden's "Chocolate Chippers" Cookies - Thu, 03/13/08 12:59 PM
quote:

Hey; I used to get those in the cafeteria at school too. I guess I just forgot the name, and the packaging of these mini ones I've been getting lately is so different that I didn't notice any resemblance. From what I can remember about those bigger ones, they taste different than the minis.