The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Writing a review for “Roadfood.com”

Ashley Wilkes

• Total Posts: 80
Writing a review for “Roadfood.com” Mon, 09/29/03 10:33 AM (permalink)
I am attempting to write my first restaurant review for the Roadfood site.

After I fill out each review section, I set the drop-down box to “Submit for approval.” Is this all that is required to submit the review? I can’t seem to find a button to click once finished with the total review. So I’m not sure that I have submitted my review for approval or not?

Once my review is submitted, I expected one of either three things to happen:

1. The review would be published on Roadfood.com

2. I would be sent a memo telling me my review needed rework to be acceptable and what I need to do to remedy my review

3. I would be sent a canned memo saying “thanks but no thanks”

The Roadfood web site says: “It will then take up to a week to be reviewed.” It has been two weeks and I haven’t received any feedback.

Anyone have any insight in writing a review and the approval process for the Roadfood site?

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Writing a review for “Roadfood.com” Mon, 09/29/03 11:27 AM (permalink)
    Hi Ashley Wilkes, when you are finished writing the review, and all the elements have been set to Submit For Approval, click on the Publishing Status tab. Near the bottom of the screen will be a button to submit the review. At least, I think that's the way to do it. The directions are ambiguous, and I don't always see the submit button on the Publishing Status page (I don't know why that is). So I'm not sure if simply setting the elements to Submit For Approval is sufficient. If you continue to have trouble, you can send a note to Stephen Rushmore. Last I heard, he was still the world traveller, which may explain the delay.

Ashley Wilkes

• Total Posts: 80
      RE: Writing a review for “Roadfood.com” Tue, 09/30/03 2:01 PM (permalink)
      BB&SB, thanks for the info. I don't get a button to submit the review on the Publishing Status tab.

I agree with you, as the directions are definitely ambiguous as to the approval process.

But I don't see any other reviews getting approved recently either (other than Michael's who I am sure does not need approvals). So I guess I will just wait until I see others getting reviews approved to find out what I need to do.

Michael Stern

RE: Writing a review for “Roadfood.com” Tue, 09/30/03 3:22 PM (permalink)
        Guys, the last I heard from Stephen, he was going to be without broadband service for a while, so I think there may indeed be a delay in getting things to happen...

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Writing a review for “Roadfood.com” Tue, 09/30/03 5:42 PM (permalink)
          I am back from the broadband deadzone for a few hours and plan to review the content submissions. India, Italy and Scotland are not very friendly for hotel Internet connections! I have another week of spotty coverage in South America before things should return back to normal. Thanks for your patience

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com