Coffee Cup Charlotte closed

Junior Burger
2003/03/21 22:06:18
Visiting Charlotte on business this week, saddened to see the Coffee Cup on E Clarkson has closed.
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/03/22 14:56:07
" /> I could hardly believe it when I heard they were closing. It had been there years -- decades -- and always seemed to be thriving. Don't know what happened.

R.I.P.

Jim in NC
Cheeseburger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/03/23 10:15:40
Word here in the Charlotte area is that the "Cup" will be reopening. Same menu and most of the same staff. No definite date is available.
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/03/24 19:50:59
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in NC

Word here in the Charlotte area is that the "Cup" will be reopening. Same menu and most of the same staff. No definite date is available.

Yee-ha! Keep us posted, please
jbloom
Junior Burger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/03/26 14:14:07
I'm pleased to inform, that I had lunch today at the Coffee Cup. I had some excellent fried chicken, some collard greens, and pinto beans. Very good!!! I read about the closing, and cursed for not having known about the restaurant before, and I pass it everyday on my way to and from work. Today, I saw the "Open" sign and my lunch plans were laid. So today was also my first visit to the Coffee Cup. I will be returning!
kathy28299
Junior Burger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/04/04 11:16:36
Excerpts from this morning's "Table Talk" column in the Charlotte Business Journal
quote:
"After a much-publicized closing, The Coffee Cup has re-opened its doors quietly over the past week and will host its official grand opening today. New owners Anthony McCarver and Gardine Wilson are intent on keeping things just as they have been for the past four decades at the landmark eatery ...
Some new additions to the traditional meat-and-three menu are peach cobbler, cappuccinos and lattes made with Dilworth Coffee and longer hours of operation ...
The Coffee Cup is now open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The owners are considering opening on Sunday for brunch."

Don't know how long this link from The Charlotte Observer (02/04/03) will remain accessible online, but thought you might be interested in seeing the original article (and Michael Stern quoted) regarding its closing:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/2003/02/04/news/local/5099412.htm
Jim in NC
Cheeseburger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/04/04 20:28:42
Latte at The Coffee Cup?? What's next?!?! Collard greens seasoned with tofu???? A wine list??? (Although I've seen some guys enjoying a sassy little 2003 MD 20/20 in the neighborhood...)
kathy28299
Junior Burger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/04/06 20:04:12
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in NC

Latte at The Coffee Cup?? What's next?!?! ...)

How about

Brunch

?!?!" />?!?!
kobulnicky
Junior Burger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/04/14 20:38:37
quote]Originally posted by newyorkstateofmind

Visiting Charlotte on business this week, saddened to see the Coffee Cup on E Clarkson has closed.
kathy28299
Junior Burger
RE: Coffee Cup Charlotte closed 2003/04/16 08:24:50
Link from The Charlotte Observer (4/11/03) regarding re-opening:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/5608150.htm