Ice Cream Drinks

Post
Big_Ted
Cheeseburger
2008/04/02 06:53:08
It's getting to be that time of year once again when we're going to be ready for ice cream drinks. I thought now would be a good time to hear about who has the best, what's their favorite and where do you get them from.

Personally, I haven't found "it". I like DQ's coffee Moolatte, but for some reason it leaves me with a weird after affect, like a heavy, waxy taste or something.

I'm always looking for a new and different ice cream drink. I'm experimenting with a coffee drink that's a bit like concrete only with coffee. I'll let you know how the next batch works out.

leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/02 14:01:33
Nothing new here...just go crazy for a good old fashioned chocolate MALT...not just a thick shake, but a Nalt...you can keep all the other newbies!
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/02 14:16:47
Hi Big_Ted.

You may get more responses in the Beverage Forum.

Not a criticism; just a suggestion.

Big_Ted
Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/03 04:16:43
Yeah, maybe you're right. I was just thinking more about ice cream as a whole, I guess. Ice Cream=Love
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 14:00:21
I like DQ's Cherry Misty float.

Also, how about a rootbeer float?
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 18:29:28
Yeh, coke floats are great too....or a Dr. Pepper float
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 18:35:04
Boston Cooler
Vernors and Vanilla Ice Cream
...Russ
lynndunham
Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 18:57:03
Rootbeer float!
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 19:02:12
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Boston Cooler
Vernors and Vanilla Ice Cream
...Russ


That sounds interesting. I'll try that one.
MellowRoast
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 19:17:28
I'm crazy about the Frosted Orange at The Varsity in Atlanta. Tastes like a "Creamsicle" shake.

Or I make my own in a blender by combining vanilla ice cream, orange sherbet, and milk. Refreshing! Kids love it, too.
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 19:18:52
Ultimate Chocolate Shake

2 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
3/4 Quart Chocolate Ice Cream (Good Stuff without nuts,chunks or anything)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix to milkshake consistancy.
Pour into chilled wine glasses
Top with real whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings

...Russ
HotDogHead
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 19:30:14
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Ultimate Chocolate Shake

2 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
3/4 Quart Chocolate Ice Cream (Good Stuff without nuts,chunks or anything)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix to milkshake consistancy.
Pour into chilled wine glasses
Top with real whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings

...Russ



That sounds quite decadent. That would make a nice after dinner drink for company.
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/04 20:04:14
quote:
Originally posted by HotDogHead

quote:
Originally posted by Russ Jackson

Ultimate Chocolate Shake

2 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
3/4 Quart Chocolate Ice Cream (Good Stuff without nuts,chunks or anything)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix to milkshake consistancy.








Pour into chilled wine glasses
Top with real whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings

...Russ



That sounds quite decadent. That would make a nice after dinner drink for company.




Thats what I use it for. I am forced to make it all the time...Russ
Big_Ted
Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/15 16:11:31
Boston Cooler
Vernors and Vanilla Ice Cream
...Russ

I have Vernor's coming in tonight, I'll try it! That sounds darned good.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/15 16:22:00
Do they still have orange julius?? I remember as a kid,a trip to New York City wasn't complete without a visit to an Orange Julius stand. Haven't seen one in years
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Ice Cream Drinks 2008/04/15 16:23:18
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Ted

Boston Cooler
Vernors and Vanilla Ice Cream
...Russ

I have Vernor's coming in tonight, I'll try it! That sounds darned good.


Make sure you give a review. Enjoy...Russ