Problems with Ted Drewes???

Cheeseburger
2008/05/04 20:52:04
Just wondering if anyone had been there recently and had issues with the concretes? I went to St Louis over the weekend and headed to Ted Drewes last night it wasn't too busy I ordered the hawaiian concrete sorry if my spelling is bad just spent like 13 hrs in a car lol and when I got it they didn't turn it upside down and I noticed it was very loose and runny they couldn't tell me what the problem was gave me a fresh one and it was exactly the same so I gave up trying anyone had any problems lately? Just curious
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/04 21:05:55
Who the Hell eats concrete?

Cheers, John
Leania_1stone
Cheeseburger
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/04 21:49:54
Well it's what they are famous for u know so I thought I'd try it since I'd never been there
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/04 21:54:09

Don't let John scare you ! He was at the World's Fair in St Louis when the Ice Cream Cone was introduced to the World in 1904 and hasn't been back since !

I must admit I prefer my Malts and Shakes, 'Thick, but Strawable'!
Leania_1stone
Cheeseburger
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/05 09:22:48
Well next time I'll go for something else it was definately a let down the highlight of my trip ended up being somewhat of a bummer lol it tasted great regardless but if we go back we'll try something else :)
the grillman
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/05 09:27:54
We go about once a month, and the concretes are always thick and tasty. I’ve never experienced an “off” moment there. I’d suggest this is an aberration.
qwerty79
Cheeseburger
RE: Problems with Ted Drewes??? 2008/05/05 15:31:58
I haven't been to Ted Drewes, but Dairy Queen does the same thing with their blizzards. Sometimes they will turn it upside down and sometimes they don't because it is too loose. I think it might have to do with the temperature of either the machine or the weather.