Mexican Food in NJ

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Double Chili Cheeseburger
2008/05/09 10:30:49
Are there any good place anywhere in NJ? I always hear of places, but it seems every time I try one I'm disappointed. I don't care where in NJ it is I just want to know some recommendations
Mags81
Hamburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 10:46:51
Actually I had the same problem when I lived in Jersey...couldn't find any good mexican? However one day I did stumble across one place in Hammonton called Fiesta Mexicana! This place is the real deal...very good! I haven't eaten there in years (since I don't live in the area anymore) but my family still goes on occasion and says that it's still good. It's located off of exit 28 off the AC Expressway...you'll head toward downtown Hammonton via Rt 54 (12th St) and it'll be on your left hand side (maybe a mile or so from the Expressway).
fattybomatty
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 11:00:36
thanks S B Man. I might be down that way next weekend so I'll have to try it out
Fred Ferris
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 11:17:55
Oh man.....live in NJ for about two years....and while it was a nice experience, worst part was the absolute lack of even half-way decent Mexican food (same can even be said for New York City).....tried a million places...most on the advice of locals...and were severely disappointed every time.

Pizza, all Italian, hot dogs, Spanish food....NJ rules the country...but Mexican is a disaster!
hutt
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 11:23:21
"Pizza, all Italian, hot dogs, Spanish food....NJ rules the country..."

Oh, please...........[|)]
Fred Ferris
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 15:39:44
Well, actually New Haven rules for pizza...but Jersey is number 2 IMHO
Sneetch
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 16:03:57
have you tried El Meson in Freehold? they are an old standby, and i've yet to be disappointed when eating there...
44 W Main St
Freehold, NJ 07728
(732) 308-9494
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/09 16:43:16
in Dunellen rt 28 right on the main drag!! MIS AMIGOS authentic as you can get not fancy, nice tables cheap and delicious!! I usually get the platter with chile rellenos, tostada, and a great sliced steak covered in onions(encebellado). My wife usually gets Tacos AL Pastor, or some excellent potatoe and chorizo flautas!!! the nachos with carne asada are excellent also!! We love it.
sollylipps
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/12 16:09:21
There used to be a great little Mexican restaurant on Route 4 West in Paramus called the Fiesta Hut. It was knocked down and a McDonalds was put there.

They had great lunches, but only I liked the Flan.

Anyone remember it?

SL
fattybomatty
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/12 16:17:01
I remember tijuana joe's in north plainfield, but it got raided years ago by INS and now is a drug store
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/12 18:49:37
quote:
Originally posted by fattybomatty

I remember tijuana joe's in north plainfield, but it got raided years ago by INS and now is a drug store

sometimes the same thing.
Wannabchef
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/12 19:36:31
Fattybomatty -

Although I think this is classified as cuban, I do remember it to be excellent!

http://www.mycasona.com/
JakerDog
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/16 16:51:16
I like some things at Jose Tejas in Woodbridge, but not all, usually I go with Fajitas. Also a place in New Brunswick on I think French street, in the Spanish section. Very authentic, barely any English on the menu or from the servers, but good food. Also a place in Princeton Market that is good. I was there once and since it was authentic Mex, my kids did not like it, I would go back.
GNeedles59
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/21 11:34:57
Jose's Mexican Cantina in New Providence is pretty good (hometown favoritism?)

wfmitchell
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/24 15:21:15
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Ferris

Well, actually New Haven rules for pizza...but Jersey is number 2 IMHO

NJ is the home of American Pizza. I lived there for 26 years. They had some excellent places for Italian and Pizza.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/24 15:40:31
Thanks,I say that a lot around here,even if some take me to task for saying it...glad to have a kindred spirit!!!
njkim
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/24 16:09:27
quote:
Originally posted by fattybomatty

Are there any good place anywhere in NJ? I always hear of places, but it seems every time I try one I'm disappointed. I don't care where in NJ it is I just want to know some recommendations

I live in South Jersey - Cherry Hill area. There is a great place in Marlton called the Mexican Food Factory, I have been going there for 10 years now and love it more every time. I don't know what part of NJ you are in, but right across the bridge to Philly are at least 5 amazing Mexican places. Good luck with your search!
Kim
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/05/29 12:11:52
We found a place in Parsippany in a strip mall off of Route 10, but I can't remember the name of it, and a search is coming up with nothing. It's by a Dick's Sporting Good store and a Chinese Market. I'll have to have my husband drive by and catch the name. It was very good and authentic. Excellent service, too. The green sauce was to die for. I'll have to get the specifics - we went after working until 8pm on a project I was helping him with and was in a bit of a fog. The name escapes me...
There is also a new Mexican restaurant that has opened up in our neck of the woods (Northern NJ), I believe in Ogdensburg or Franklin, up Route 23. We are actually planning on going there tomorrow night for dinner, so I'll report back on that one. Sue

njdiana
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/06/26 12:44:51
aleswench: Did you ever check out that mexican restaurant by ogdensburg/franklin off route 23?
NYNM
Filet Mignon
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/06/30 19:33:18
Go to Newark and try the Portuguese/Spanish...
fattybomatty
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/06/30 19:58:12
quote:
Originally posted by NYNM

Go to Newark and try the Portuguese/Spanish...

ha...nynm I know all about the Ironbound section, but I'm looking for Mexican food, not spanish/portuguese. It seems to be hard to find good mexican places.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/06/30 20:31:53
http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10969684

Try this great restaurant in Brick... Lots of raves...we tried it last month...it's a small place...but run by Mexicans,exclusively...and the food is delicious...always a line to get in!!!!!
njdiana
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/06/30 20:35:51
I went to Mejicano by Ogdensburg/Franklin off near route 23. The food was great. They served a good sized plate of food, not an enormous amount, but just right. The place was a little cramped though. Small tables and there was only one single bathroom for the ladies. The decor was nice with alot of murals. They also have an outdoor deck area set up where you can eat. The service was excellent. They also gave us free dessert. We went on a weekday. Not sure how it would be on a weekend.
mear
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 15:16:02
I'll second the recommendation for the Route 10 restaurant. It's called Don Jose and is actually in East Hanover. The food is excellent. I've recommended it & taken several people there - everyone was very pleased.

Prices are reasonable, decor is attractive, and food is great.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 15:19:26
I guess it's kinda like trying to get a decent hot dog on Texas.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 15:32:48
quote:
Originally posted by hutt

"Pizza, all Italian, hot dogs, Spanish food....NJ rules the country..."

Oh, please...........[|)]

Everyone knows how regionalistic I am,
but one of my coworkers who has traveled all over the country, insists Rhode Island has the best food- bar none! Steak, Sushi, Mexican, BBQ
doesn't matter- Rhode Island has the best!" />
mear
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 15:56:07
I went to Mejicano in Franklin, NJ several weeks ago. We were a group of 6 and none of us would ever return. Very, very bad experience. I would strongly encourage others to avoid this restaurant.

The food is okay - nothing exceptional, on par with chain restaurants like Chevy's or Jose Tejas (maybe not as good as Tejas - which I like).

The prices are high - significantly higher than similar restaurants. Don Jose in East Hanover is more reasonably priced and their food is superior.

The decor is nice but the interior seating is crowded and the actual seats are uncomfortable.

Despite this, we may have returned in future or ordered takeout (there aren't any Mexican restaurants nearby) but for the atrociously bad customer service.

We had two incidences of really poor customer serice - I'll just describe the more serious one.

One of our party has food allergies and asked not to have beans with her order (it was included as a side for a chicken dish). Instead of meeting this request - she got beans as a side dish and beans INSTEAD OF chicken for the entree. After taking a bite, she sent the dish back, explaining that the order was wrong and rather than wait for another dish (service had not been prompt), she'd share with others in our party.

When we received the bill - the "chicken" item was still included as well as an extra drink. We talked to the waitress about this. We pointed out the "no frijoles" written on her order pad reflected what was ordered but not what was received (and sent back virtually uneaten). She went off to talk to someone else & we waited. After a while, she returned and showed us a revised bill & asked if it was okay. The drink had been removed and $2 had been taken off for the dish we'd sent back. So, we ended up paying about $6 for something we didn't order and (other than one bite which ultimately made our friend vomit) didn't eat.

Maybe we should have raised a stink about this. And I regret that we didn't. But we'd spent more time at this restaurant than we should have and we just wanted to get out of there.
alesrus
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 16:27:25
Mear.. Thank you your review was exactly what we were going to post minus the bean allergy. We sat outside and every time this waiter passed our table to go pick up an order he would SIGH (like ahh man not again, can't these people get their own food) Our food was so so and expensive. How long ago did you go?

We also had the same opinion that you had of Don Jose in East Hanover good food right price and good friendly service.
mear
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 17:02:21
We went to Mejicano a little over a month ago. We were very surprised by the poor service - particularly for a new restaurant. They messed up our order, overcharged us. Instead of offering an apology or an explanation - the waitress acted as though it was our fault and we were being unreasonable. And offering to take only $2 (or $3 - can't remember which) off the sent-back meal was insulting.

It really seems like a waste. A Mexican restaurant - with even mediocre service and prices slightly more consistent with quality - could do really well at that location.

Ahhh - next time, we'll just go to the Irish restuarant - really like their fish & chips and curry.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/15 17:12:46
I'm telling you guys,if you want great Mexican in a small unasuming place...it's El Tenampa in the Kennedy Shopping Center in Brick. I have a friend who travels around looking for Mexican food...and she claims this is the best she's tried in the area. I've posted the web site above...it even has some reviews on it!!
cameron074
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/16 11:34:07
quote:
Originally posted by aleswench

We found a place in Parsippany in a strip mall off of Route 10, but I can't remember the name of it, and a search is coming up with nothing. It's by a Dick's Sporting Good store and a Chinese Market. I'll have to have my husband drive by and catch the name. It was very good and authentic. Excellent service, too. The green sauce was to die for. I'll have to get the specifics - we went after working until 8pm on a project I was helping him with and was in a bit of a fog.

Chevy's? I was there once, didn't care for it at all. Food was bland at best and the service was terrible, especially for a slow weekday mid-afternoon.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/16 14:28:24
Chevy's being a chain...you would judge service by the franchise...I've been to several Chevy's and the service has always been courteous and quick...food is good...I've had better Mexican....but their Fajitta is fresh and tasty!!!!
GNeedles59
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/07/16 14:42:55
They just opened up a Chevys kinda by me. I was on the way to the tattoo parlor the other day and noticed that it finally was open for business. Next time I'm going for fajitas and ink!
sgt-at-arms
Hamburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/16 18:04:00
There used to be a place on W. Somerset St in Raritan Boro called Mugs. Used to be great but I havnt been there since early 2000. Mugs might be worth a try if it is still open. Also there is the Grubhut on N. Main St in Manville, they are more bbq but had some good Mexican. Good luck and good dining. I'll have to try that place in Dunellen since thats where I'm currently staying. I remember Break for the Border (used to Tijuana Joes I think) fondly, we used to go there for Monday Night Football in the late 90's. There was one in N. Plainfield and one in Bridgewater, but I think they were shut down for INS violations too.
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/16 18:09:28
quote:
Originally posted by leethebard

I'm telling you guys,if you want great Mexican in a small unasuming place...it's El Tenampa in the Kennedy Shopping Center in Brick. I have a friend who travels around looking for Mexican food...and she claims this is the best she's tried in the area. I've posted the web site above...it even has some reviews on it!!

oh my god Tenampa is awesome. my wife and I were blown away when we ate there they actually have 3 locations now one little one on 72 going towards LBI and another on rte in toms river but up north check out Mis Amigos in Dunellen as I've posted already!!
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/16 18:16:06
if the word gets out about this place,the lines to get in will even be longer!!!
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/16 18:19:27
And by the way Grub-hut in Manville is also excellent I know the owner really well. Micheal Johnston. We used to work together years ago When he was the Executive Chef at Kiki Rios in Annandale then he went on to own Mikes Subs in Hillsborough for a few years!! Grub hut has the best chorizo tacos i've ever tasted. Just All great authentic recipes he does a nice job there!
sgt-at-arms
Hamburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/17 15:45:34
Where is the Kennedy Shopping Center in Brick? I'll be working in the next town over when I get back to NJ.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/17 17:48:09
The Plaza across Brick Blvd from the larger,Brick Plaza!!
bruno61
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/08/29 13:46:33
flamingo,s in south brunswick. out of this world. it's in a small strip mall on the corner of davidson mill road and cranbury road.i get pork soft tacos american style(lettuce tomato cheese sour cream) or you can get them mexican style(tomato cilantro and onion) they make their own salsa's red and green(i like the green) and their own guacamole. im there 6 days a week, sometimes twice(closed on sunday)and get the same thing. havent tried anything else because i have a hit with these, but have heard no negatives about it. ENJOY!
cameron074
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/09/24 13:54:24
El Coyote in Netcong is AWFUL. Avoid at all costs. I've been there 2 times, the 2nd just to make sure the 1st time wasn't a fluke. Service was ok, and really the only thing that tasted ok was the nachos. Everything else tasted like week old dirt.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/09/24 15:51:54
My family ate Saturday night at El tenampa again and it was even better than the last few times. I had the Buritto and Chumichanga platter....very large portions and you have your choice of sauces to put on it.....This is so superior to any chain..or even Mexican I've had out west when I visit my family...Salsa is homemade,also, and delicious!!!!!
romedog99
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/10/07 13:20:41
Ok I may be a bit of an arrogant person when it comes to Mexican food. My mom is Mexican and father is Russian. But my mom was born in San Antonio.

There are a few places

1. Azteca on Blackwell st in Dover. Real authentic. Greae Mole’ manudo and enchalatas. Hope you get someone who speaks English when you go.
2. El Tapatio same street two stores down Very Very good
3. Don Jose east Hanover . live music on sat.
firecommander3565
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/10/07 14:17:09
I am not a fan of chains... but Chevy's is defntely worth a try. It is fresh and I enjoyed it.
Pelch
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/10/17 10:40:41
I have been to El Mejicano in Franklin a few time and never had a bad experience. The food was great, the menu being more extensive than most Mexican places I have tried over the years. This is authentic Mexican food, not the prefab cheese covered fluff you get in many places. The service was above normal as was the hospitality. I am definitely making this a regular stop on my list.
mear
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/10/17 11:13:58
Everything is relative. I've gone to Don Jose in East Hanover a dozen times. Each time, food and service are excellent. And the prices are reasonable.
I only went to Mejicano once. Service was atrocious, food okay, and prices higher than better quality restaurants. Maybe the appalling customer service we experienced was an isolated incident but nothing else was good enough for us to gamble again.
jbones
Junior Burger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2008/12/06 21:59:30
i used to love tico taco on route 22. too bad it's gone.

although it's been there for some time, i can do without beana's in rahway. a lot of food, but authenticity isn't there.
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/03 14:32:37
These are the Mexican places that I know of in the Roselle area. They are:

Roselle:

Popocatepetl (Near the corner of E. 2nd Ave.) 201 Sheridan Ave. Roselle, NJ 07203
(908) 245-2885

They have a few tables in the original store and have added the store next door as a dining room.

There’s another one on Chestnut St. in Roselle between 1st & 2nd Ave. on the west side of the street near 2nd Ave. (Small)

Roselle Park

Nealtican {To the right of fire damaged Costa’s) 124 Chestnut St.Roselle Park, NJ 07203 (Small)
(908) 241-9111

Elizabeth:

El Mayordomo 179 Elmora Ave.Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908) 829-0088

http://elmayordomorestaurant.com/

Lupita’s 704 Jersey Ave. Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908) 355-7277

There are several South American restaurants on Elmora Ave and many, many more along Elizabeth Ave. in Elizabeth.

Don’t forget The Jerusalem Pizzeria on Elmora Ave. for great Falafel, Hummus, and Babaganoush. (Closed sundown Fri. through Sat.)
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/03 15:17:14
jbones

i used to love tico taco on route 22. too bad it's gone.

It must be gone for about 30 years already, right?!
I used to go there during my high school and college days...

Even though it got closed down (and subsequently reopened) a few times by the health department, we still kept going back for more! Hey, back then, nobody seemed to die of food poisoning anyway, right?!? (LOL)

californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/03 15:46:13

As a former jersey guy who hopes to get back there before long, rest assured that Mexican in NJ would be on the bottom of my list,,,go to a good neighborhood pizzaria , enjoy an Italian Hot Dog or some BoardwaLK  food , seafood,or some jersey corn or tomatos.....Jersey has such wonderful food! 
ScreenBear
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/03 19:34:27
I too miss Tico Taco on #22 in Greenbrook, N.J. 

Casa Maya in Meyersville, N.J. is pretty good.

The Bear
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/04 10:54:21
I remember Tico Taco. I really liked the style of the building. The rocks mortared into the exterior walls were a unique style that stood out on Rt. 22. I was only able to eat there once or twice and I remember that the food was good.

The glider tables were a unique feature as well. After they closed, a Mexican restaurant opened in New Brunswick across the street from Greasy Tony’s corner on Easton Ave and it had the same glider swings. I think that it might have been named Tico Taco but I can’t remember for sure. This was after J&J bought downtown New Brunswick and re-did the streets, the sidewalks, relocated businesses (Like Tumulty’s etc.). I don’t think they lasted that long.

Greasy Tony’s was good. “No charge for extra grease”.
ken8038
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/04 18:52:25
I agree that authentic Mexican Food is hard to find in NJ. In fact, while I usually avoid chains, On the Border on Rt 1 in South Brunswick is the place we usually go when we're in the mood for Mexican Food.

That being said, my family and I had a great Mexican meal recently at Costa Chica, 314 Handy Street, New Brunswick. We shared a terrific Mexican Pizza and several tasty and authentic appetizers.  The only drawback was somewhat of a language barrier with the servers, which in a way I consider a plus rather than a minus. Mixed clientele of Hispanics and Rutgers students and one sort of Yuppie-ish looking family of 4 from Scotch Plains. We will definately be back.
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/04 20:14:53
ScreenBear

I too miss Tico Taco on #22 in Greenbrook, N.J. 

Casa Maya in Meyersville, N.J. is pretty good.

The Bear

I've been reading  a LOT of good things about that Casa Maya...
I need to try it! Glad you mentioned it, screenbear...

Hey, KEN8038, you had to remember TICO TACO, too !!! Right??

Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/04 20:52:19
Tico Taco was an Americanized Mexican restaurant and I almost forgot another one in Long Branch. I used to go there with friends after the beach. It’s Casa Comida:

http://www.casacomida.com/

You can get there from 7 Bridges Rd. in Little Silver or Rt. 36 in Long Branch (Shorter).

Another one that I forgot is:

Carlos O'Connor Mexican Restaurant (732) 530-6663 - 31 Monmouth St, Red Bank, NJ

This place has been there for years and the last time I was there it was small and the walls were covered with all sorts of Mexican decorations and strings of small lights were strung across the ceiling. I liked it a lot.

ken8038
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/04 22:48:46
<<Hey, KEN8038, you had to remember TICO TACO, too !!! Right?? 

Hi Ellen, you must have me confused with those NJ Natives. I've only been here since 1985, so I'm still considered a newcomer by the locals here. But I do remember Tico Taco from a cross-country trip I made in 1976, it seems they were very popular in the  midwest at the time.
Re; Casa Maya: Interesting place, been there a couple of times. I especially like the location, sort of at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere but only a few miles from the chaos of Rt 22. And of course the Great Swamp trails are nearby for a walk if you eat there in the daytime.
Food_Fan,  I'm enjoyinjg your posts, keep it up, although the one time I was at Casa Comida I wasn't impressed with the food or the service.  
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/05 08:02:39
ken8038, thanks.

I started hanging out in New Brunswick when the entire block across the street from the train station was nothing but a 10’ deep hole in the ground. One of the first business’s to appear across the street from the train station was Marita’s Cantina: http://www.maritascantinanewbrunswick.com/ they had at least 40 brands of Tequila behind the bar.

The next Mexican one to appear on that side of the tracks was one where you had to go down 3 or 4 steps to enter. The bottoms of the windows were level with the sidewalk and it was on a corner. (Can’t remember the name)

New Brunswick became a great date destination for me. With so many restaurants and theaters it’s a nice place to take a lady.
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/17 12:13:50
I thought that this thread would continue for a while so I prepared the following post – might as well post it now.

I was on the road in NJ for years and the last time I was through Dover 70% of the people on the downtown streets were Mexican or S. American. I figure if you want Mexican food you go where the Mexicans are. Here’s a list of the Mexican and probably a few S. American restaurants that are in Dover”

El Puerto (973) 366-5264 - 3 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Taqueria Pancho Villa (973) 361-4003 - 7 N Essex St, Dover, NJ
La Costilla de Pedro (973) 361-3400 - 57 N Sussex St, Dover, NJ
Punto Sabroso (973) 328-9905 - 21 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Las Tres Marias (973) 361-0434 - 88 N Sussex St, Dover, NJ
Cancun Fiesta (973) 366-2015 - 47 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Internacional (973) 442-7550 - 157 W Clinton St, Dover, NJ
Juanchos Diner & Perrada (973) 442-5959 - 150 E Mcfarlan St, Dover, NJ
El Marino (973) 659-0402 - 130 Mount Hope Ave, Dover, NJ
Mambo Bars & Cafe (973) 328-3004 - 90 Belmont Ave, Dover, NJ
Sole Mex LLC (973) 442-2448 - 301 Mount Hope Ave # 2111, Dover, NJ
Sabor La Tino (973) 537-0777 - 17 W Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Pollos Pucalor (973) 442-9272 - 85 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Jai-Alai (973) 989-0916 - 73 W Blackwell St, #1, Dover, NJ
El Jaroch Restaurant (973) 989-4088 - 59 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
La Carreta Restaurant (973) 361-0291 - 121 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant (973) 537-0833 - 29 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Azteca Restaurant (973) 989-8442 - 17 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Taqueria Brenda Lee Restaurant (973) 328-6262 - 7 N Warren St, Dover, NJ
Mexican Buffet -(862) 397-4440 - 45 W Blackwell St, Dover, NJ

Since I’m half Gallego from La Corruna in Galicia in Spain I think these should be Spanish but who knows:

Restaurant Galicia (973) 343-7969 - 59 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Galicia Restaurant (973) 343-7035 - 9 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ
Valencia Delicatessen (973) 989-9055 227 - Richards Ave, Dover, NJ

Although some of the above may be South American this one is obviously Colombian:

Tierras Colombianas Restaurant (973) 328-4443 - 39 W Blackwell St, Dover, NJ

This one is Brazilian:

Floripa Grill LLC (973) 989-5100 - 55 E Blackwell St, Dover, NJ

http://floripagrill.com/

post edited by Food_Fan - 2009/02/17 12:20:10
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/17 12:51:00
Hey, thanks for taking the time and effort to post this comprehensive report...that is the epitome of whar roadfood.com should be!!!! Thanks so much!
Food_Fan
Cheeseburger
RE: Mexican Food in NJ 2009/02/17 19:13:36
Thanks Lee, Bard of Brick (too bad you don't live in Avon), but then if you did we would be looking for you to write in couplets:

The hot dog was served on a bun so fair,

but the hamburger was way, way far too rare.

I've been on other forums, the last of which was an Islamic terrorist sympathizer forum. They ARE insane!!!

This one is a pleasure to read and I enjoy making contributions.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2