Guy's Tasty Mix

KatMac
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Guy's Tasty Mix - Fri, 05/16/08 8:29 AM
Hello all! I am new to this website but when searching on Google today I ran across some conversations back in March 2006 where someone was talking about having found some of the Guy's Tasty Mix back on the shelf. I missed that stuff so much when Guy's went bankrupt. Anyway, can anyone tell me where this mix might still be found? I live in Kansas so should have access to it but haven't seen it on the shelves anywhere.
Thanks,
Kathi

jman
  • Total Posts : 1275
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Fri, 05/16/08 8:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KatMac

Hello all! I am new to this website but when searching on Google today I ran across some conversations back in March 2006 where someone was talking about having found some of the Guy's Tasty Mix back on the shelf. I missed that stuff so much when Guy's went bankrupt. Anyway, can anyone tell me where this mix might still be found? I live in Kansas so should have access to it but haven't seen it on the shelves anywhere.
Thanks,
Kathi

Phone: (913) 871-3616
Email: comments@guys-snacks.com

mzbrighteyes
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Fri, 05/16/08 1:54 PM
Moser's Discount Foods in Holts Summit, Missouri started carrying it again, I found it a couple of weeks ago. So it should be available to all grocer's. You may want to put in a special request for it.

leethebard
  • Total Posts : 6071
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Fri, 05/16/08 1:55 PM
By the way, welcome to roadfood. Enjoy!!!

CNW
  • Total Posts : 182
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Sun, 05/18/08 2:11 AM
Kat,

I sent you an email about it. It is available in the Overland Park, Lenexa, and Olathe areas. Regular price is around $3.29 a bag. The Hen House in Olathe has it on sale for 2 for $5.00. I almost bought another bag yesterday but I was more in the mood for their BBQ flavor Potato Chips.

Chris

JasonLiebig
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Fri, 11/21/08 12:49 PM
Hi guys,

I saw this posting on Guy's Tasty Mix and wanted to respond. I grew up loving this stuff in Nebraska, and was so happy when the new owner's of Guy's brought it back. I live in New York City now but I've had bags shipped to me out here to enjoy.

I'm a vintage packaging collector and even have a 1983 Guy's Tasty Mix bag. If anyone's curious as to what the packaging for this delicious snack food looked like back then, you can see it here - it has a great vintage style about it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/2794764252/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/2793909559/

Back then, the flavor was the same, but there were some differences in ingredients that I can recall. First, instead of cheese "balls" the mix had long cheese "puffs". Also, the pretzels were slightly larger, and pretzel sticks were also part of the mix. I THINK that the cheese crackers were not part of the mix back, but on that point, I'm not sure.

Suffice it to say, even though it's been tweaked over the years in small ways, the flavor I first discovered back in 1982 remains the same today. Dangerously delicious.

-Jason

chipper
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Sun, 06/14/09 9:38 PM
Jason,

What are the ingredients listed on your 1983 bag of Guy's Tasty Mix? I loved that stuff and miss it so much!

Pam
<message edited by chipper on Sun, 06/14/09 9:39 PM>

chipper
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Wed, 06/17/09 7:29 PM
Jason,
Thanks for you PM. Sorry I hadn't tried your links. I still can't read the ingredients on the newer bag. Would you mind telling me what they are?

Thanks,
Pam

sheshe63
Re:Guy's Tasty Mix - Sun, 05/16/10 12:58 PM
I found it in Wichita, Kansas.  My oldest daughter lives in Pratt and told me that she saw it in Dillons....OMG...there it was...I bought 4 bags of it and ONLY have 1 left.  So, if you have Dillon's and you are in the Kansas area, you can get it.  It was 2/5.00 ...I knew that I should bought more!  Let me know if anyone finds it in the S.E. Kansas area...like Independence or Coffeyville, KS....Thanks.....  I"m so happy

sheshe63
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Sun, 05/16/10 1:05 PM
It was my favorite to eat back in the 80's and early 90's........  I always remembered the cheese balls...they just don't have much cashews in it like it did and more pretzels too....the taste is the same...I'm happy it's back...keep it that way!!!

HOP
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Guy's Tasty Mix - Sat, 02/5/11 6:15 PM
When I was growing up mom and dad always had Guy's chips and snacks around the house. Tasty Mix has always been my favorite. I live in Cameron, Missouri, now and the Country Mart there has them......thank goodness !