Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location?

Double Chili Cheeseburger
2008/05/20 23:14:33
The Pamela's in the Strip District seems to have a slightly different name than the other ones ("P&G Cafe Pamela"?). It is related to the other Pamela's locations around town, isn't it? Are the pancakes the same? How about the wait?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 06:51:56
Pigiron-
They are all related and as far as I know, they have the same menu. This is my favorite location to eat at, since it is the closest to my house. I also believe it has the largest seating capacity (the Oakland location has quite a few seats, too) and just may be the easiest one to get into. But expect a short wait on a weekend morning regardless. The strawberry hotcakes (and other things) make it very much worth it!

The most difficult location to get into, in my experience, is the Shadyside location. I have had some really long waits there, before.
kozel
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 07:17:23
Believe it or not, they do have a web site. Do a google search and you will never find it. They should speak to their web developer about SEO. http://www.pamelasrestaurants.com/ They also have a Mt Lebanon location and they should update their web site about that as well.
mmarkovitz
Hamburger
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 07:34:05
Squirrel Hill will always be the best. It has the longest lines but I guess because it's the first one. My mom would take my kids there when they visited and it was the biggest treat for them. Pancakes bigger then the plate.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 08:06:48
kozel-
Thanks for the link to their website. I never understood why they never had one and now I know why. They had one, I just couldn't find it!

So, now there is one in Mt. Lebanon? I had no idea about that either. Here is a newspaper article about the new location.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/03/10/story12.html

I can't tell you how many times I have been driving on Washington Road in the last month and I completely whiffed on seeing it.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 08:12:04
quote:
Originally posted by buffetbuster

kozel-
Thanks for the link to their website. I never understood why they never had one and now I know why. They had one, I just couldn't find it!

So, now there is one in Mt. Lebanon? I had no idea about that either. Here is a newspaper article about the new location.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/03/10/story12.html

I can't tell you how many times I have been driving on Washington Road in the last month and I completely whiffed on seeing it.

Mt Lebanon is my old stomping grounds.

Can't believe they opened up a Pamela's walking distance from my old apartment. Why could't they have done that 10 years ago while I was still living there?
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Pamela's in Pittsburgh: Strip District location? 2008/05/21 08:14:32
wanderingjew-
I didn't exactly have to be Kreskin to know what your reaction would be to this news. Hopefully, Cranberry is next!