HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15073
  • Reward points : 0
HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding - Mon, 06/2/08 5:40 PM

The dessert 'store' long recognized in the Roadfood Journals as a great stop for Pie and ice cream in Louisville has been growing, according to a feature story on the local NBC TV news this evening. Sales for 2008 have gone up 22% from this time last year according to the owner. This during a time when many restaurants are folding as the result of the declining economy. With several "branch" stores around the Louisville area, this specialty shop is gaining business from every part of the city.

Congratulations to a successful ROADFOOD enterprise!!

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9809
RE: HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding - Mon, 06/2/08 5:52 PM
Much deserved! Both the selection and quality of the desserts at these places are outstanding. The menu board on a recent visit.....

French Silk Cake

Red Velvet Cake

Caramel Apple Pie

Chocolate Cream Pie

Georgia Cake

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15073
RE: HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding - Mon, 06/2/08 5:55 PM
BB
Based on the items pictured I assume you were alone for this visit!!

They do have some great choices! The TV story made a point of describing how the specialty shops seem to be doing well while the chains were having problems. Apparently they are about to open their 9th store in the Louisville area. There must be more folks with the BuffetBuster and Johnnie's appetite than at first seemed possible!

buffetbuster
  • Total Posts : 9809
RE: HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding - Mon, 06/2/08 6:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

The TV story made a point of describing how the specialty shops seem to be doing well while the chains were having problems.

Actually Al, I was there with my cousin Johnny, aka The Bottomless Pit. I did have two more photos I could have posted, but I didn't want people to think I was piggish!

Jimeats
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: HomeMade Pie and Ice Cream Store is expanding - Tue, 06/3/08 6:44 AM
That's allways good to hear.
Al, I know you are famillar with Putnam Pantry in Danvers Ma. Rt#1 north.
I've thought for years that going that route would be a way to help reverse a slow death to this business. They have good chocolate selections but if they offered homemade pies and pastry along with designer coffee and teas, this would give the business a shot in the butt.
A perfect match and setting for pie and ice cream. Chow Jim