El Fenix is where Tex Mex started, and now...

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
  • Reward points : 0
El Fenix is where Tex Mex started, and now... - Fri, 06/6/08 2:36 PM
And now the Dallas based El Fenix has been sold to a real estate development company. The family will still have a say in things. I hope the great food they have always served will not be a page in Tex Mex history! Time will tell I guess.
Joe

PapaJoe8
RE: El Fenix is where Tex Mex started, and now... - Fri, 06/13/08 2:32 PM
There was a good article in the Dallas Morning news about the new owner. I have probs doing the link thing. Anyway, the new owner is an El Finix food fan and swears that the quality will stay the same.

I went on tuesday 6/10 and the food, and service, was great as always. The quality has not changed since I can remember as a kid, from back in the 50s.

I had the crazy nachos, cheese enchiladas, rice, beans, and a taco.

Crazy nachos are meat, beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and jalapenos. They serve the guac, sour cream, and jalapenos on the side. I make these at home and always love them. El Fenix might be better or maybe it's just because I didn't have to cook them? I just make some taco meat, mix w/ refried beans, and top tortilla chips w/ the mixture, then top w/ cheddar or colby cheese, and put em under the broiler to melt the cheese. Oh, I put pickled jalapenos on top of the cheese before broiling.
Joe

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463

PapaJoe8
RE: El Fenix is where Tex Mex started, and now... - Fri, 06/13/08 5:52 PM
Thanks Joe! That was it. Both the links brought up the same article... I think? I'm not to sure of anything on this Friday afternoon ^%$@*.
Joe