Lil Chef in Brighton, Mi. gone.

Michigander
  • Total Posts : 78
  • Reward points : 0
Lil Chef in Brighton, Mi. gone. - Tue, 06/10/08 4:28 PM
Driving around on business today, and found one of my favorite breakfast places gone. The "Lil Chef" on Grand River in Brighton Mi. is no more. I even turned around to look twice to be sure. The building is completely gone, and a new one is being built in its place. I don't know what it will be, but I'm guessing chain place of some sort.

This was a Saturday morning ritual 4 or 5 times a year for my friends to meet here on the way to events at the Rock financial Palace, and will be sorely missed. It was nothing fancy, but a large tasty breakfast at a reasonable price, with a good down home crowd. If anyone has further info about them possibly moving or reopening, I would love to hear it.

lil chef
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Lil Chef in Brighton, Mi. gone. - Fri, 07/18/08 6:45 PM
the restaurant will be reopening in sept. of 2008 3/4 mile down the street going toward down town brighton next to the taco bell in the brookside mall thank you for your support scott steele

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15073
RE: Lil Chef in Brighton, Mi. gone. - Mon, 07/21/08 10:53 AM

Having spent a few summers in Brighton as a kid (Grandparents lived there) I was trying to recall where it was located?? I have three family members living on Grand River on the lake on the Howell side of town. Are they close??

Thanks for the update on the 'Move'!

Ralph124c41
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Lil Chef in Brighton, Mi. gone. - Mon, 08/18/08 1:15 PM
Yes, Lil Chef is closed. The site is going to be used to house an Olga's and a Starbuck's.
The good news is that they're going to reopen. It won't be a 24 hour place as far as I know. It is scheduled to reopen on the 22 of September.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.541801,-83.784828&spn=0.004522,0.007607&t=h&z=17

shows you the new site, it will be in the blue-roofed building - Brookside Mall.