Hot!Biscuits and Gravy

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Hamburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 10:24:21
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Our's (Corydon, Indiana) is a 24 hour a day operation. B&G at 4 am is really a great breakfast !

Yup--or any other time! I wondered when a Hoosier would show up with a good comment!

When I was a kid in Indy, my mom made toast and gravy pretty regularly (don't reel in horror, it's pretty good, especially with whole wheat toast), and biscuits and gravy on weekends.

My Mom hooked my wife Karen (who's originally from Michigan City IN--no biscuits and gravy there) on homemade biscuits and gravy about 25 years ago. Karen's "standard" quick recipe is biscuits made with Jiffy Mix (which she prefers to Bisquick), and gravy made with "regular" or "hot" Jimmy Dean sausage. She often uses peppered gravy mix as a quick shortcut, but sometimes makes the gravy from scratch.

Biscuits and Gravy was the family's Christmas breakfast for many years, and was always what the kids wanted on that day. The boys both learned to make the stuff, as did Katy, our youngest. Jena's not much of a cook--fortunately her husband is, but he doesn't do biscuits and gravy--yet.
paoconnell
Hamburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 10:40:13
One more post--if you're in Albuquerque NM and feel the need for biscuits and gravy, head for Loyola's on east Central Ave near Washington, or to Murphy's Mule Barn on 2nd Street north of Alameda. Both have excellent Biscuits and Gravy. Don't go to Cracker Barrel or any other chain, though Waffle House might be OK (haven't tried it in Abq., but it was OK in Missouri).
Captain Morgan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 11:43:55
I grew up on my moms chicken gravy biscuits. Easy to make,
very flavorful, and very filling. I still make em from time
to time.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 12:12:28
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan

to time.

And........ her recipe IS:

Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 12:18:14
quote:
Originally posted by Davwud

quote:
Originally posted by fabulousoyster

Its great.
I never find it on Long Island or New York City, but I have made it.
Fry a whole pak of bacon till crisp and grease released.
Throw the bacon out.
Add a few tbsp flour to make the roux browned, add skim milk to make it diet, cook till nice and thick, then add black pepper.
Eat with your favorite biscuits and wait to see if your left arm starts feeling numb.

Throw the bacon out??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bacon Police have now been dispached to the residence of fabulousoyster. He is a wanted felon, it seems.
Captain Morgan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/02 15:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan

to time.

And........ her recipe IS:

Boil some chicken legs till you have a nice broth. Remove the legs
and add some chicken stock, and s and p. Pull the meat from the legs and add to the boiling broth. Add corn starch to thicken.
Pour over biscuits when thickened.

Much better than it sounds. Cheap and easy to make.
oDey in LA
Hamburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/07 00:08:11
quote:
Originally posted by backfrmIraq

Lower Alabama checkin' in....I've found that Wal Mart's frozen biscuits 20 for $2.95 are great for B/G..or jam...or butter and ribbon cane syrup, which you can still get at roadside stands around here....I usually make sausage gravy, but every once in a while I'll make a skillet of tomato gravy....got a recipe from a seasoned lady from Chunchula AL....this was definitely for someone who's gonna do some hard work after breakfast...it is very filling....I agree with the boardies that said Cracker Barrel makes terrible B/G..no flavor, miniscule bits of sausage and sorta runny...yuk...

Git yo self on down to Pensacola and have some really good biscuits and sausage & gravy. Don't forget the side of grits as well. All this of course at The Coffee Cup. Foodbme will back me up on this....

BTW thank you for your service to our Country......OD

Rick F.
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/07 01:52:14
quote:
Originally posted by BhamBabe

Gonna grab [Mamaw's] layer orange cake and Lane cake recipes while I'm there too. Will make sure to eat first though lol
Recipes, please, with bread and butter with sugar on it? Pretty please?
desertdog
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/07 10:25:50
quote:

quote:

quote:

Its great.
Throw the bacon out.
Add a few tbsp flour to make the roux browned, add skim milk to make it diet, cook till nice and thick, then add black pepper.
Eat with your favorite biscuits and wait to see if your left arm starts feeling numb.

Throw the bacon out??

The Bacon Police have now been dispached to the residence of fabulousoyster. He is a wanted felon, it seems.

AS SOMEONE FAMOUS ONCE SAID:

It's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery...It's a traveshamockrey!

Throw the bacon out....If I had a rubber hose I would...

CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2006/12/07 14:17:01
quote:
Originally posted by desertdog

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its great.
Throw the bacon out.

Throw the bacon out??

AS SOMEONE FAMOUS ONCE SAID:

It's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery...It's a traveshamockrey!

Throw the bacon out....If I had a rubber hose I would...

ziplock the bacon use it as crumbles, but DONT THROW IT OUT
Rick F.
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/15 02:59:47
quote:
Wrong: who wants him?

But I digress. I just ran across a[url='http://www.foodreference.com/html/artbiscuitsandgravy.html']link[/url] that might be of interest to followers of this thread. Not quite how I'd do it, but it looks like it would be decent.

Jimeats
Filet Mignon
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/15 06:40:14
Rick, that recipe is spot on as the Brits say. A hint on the biscuts though, roll out the dough a little thinner and cut as normal then stack on top of another cut piece. Layerd flakey biscuts. Chow Jim
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/15 07:36:27
My father in law,originally from the south made biscuits with bacon grease instead of butter or shortening.Now THOSE are a treat with sausage gravy!!!!
Rick F.
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/22 22:57:15
quote:
Originally posted by Jimeats
Rick, that recipe is spot on as the Brits say. A hint on the biscuts though, roll out the dough a little thinner and cut as normal then stack on top of another cut piece. Layerd flakey biscuts. Chow Jim
Thanks. I hadn't even looked at the biscuits, I was so focussed on the gravy. (I wouldn't have used butter, but would have used fatter sausage and the drippings therefrom. Maybe a peeled, seeded, and chopped really ripe tomato, possibly a bit of red "pizza" or "California" pepper flakes if necessary.

But y'know, I don't really like the flaky biscuits, The just don't seem to absorb stuff as well. Gam, my West Tennessee grandmother, made small buttermilk biscuits, well-browned and rounded on top and downright crunchy on the bottom, meltingly tender in between. They were perfect for red-eye gravy, but would have been a bit too thin for sausage gravy. For that, something more cylindrical, maybe a couple of inches in diameter by ¾" high. (And I haven't seen hers in probably 35 years, so don't rely too much on my memory.)
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/22 23:44:50
quote:
Originally posted by Rick F.

quote:
Originally posted by BhamBabe

Gonna grab [Mamaw's] layer orange cake and Lane cake recipes while I'm there too. Will make sure to eat first though lol
Recipes, please, with bread and butter with sugar on it? Pretty please?

Long recipe but fairly simple once you have it all ready to do. My most favorite cake of all time. Very rich!

Lane Cake from the files of Mamaw Phillips in Alabama

CAKE:

1 cup lightly salted butter (not sweet or whipped)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
8 egg whites

1. With pastry brush and softened butter or margarine (not from the 1 cup), grease and flour bottom and sides of 4 round 9 layer-cake pans 1" deep. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper cut to fit. Grease and flour the parchment. (If you have only 2 pans, let half the batter stand in bowl while baking 2 layers After removing first 2 baked layers. Wash and dry pans. Grease and line bottoms.)
2. Have top oven rack in about center of oven. Put second rack about 2" below. Turn on oven: set at 375F.
3. With electric mixer or large spoon, beat butter until fluffy.
4. Gradually add sugar and beat after each addition until light and fluffy.
5. Add vanilla and beat until mixture is as light as whipped cream.
6. Sift; then lightly spoon flour into measuring cup for dry ingredients and fill heaping full. Do not shake down or pack with spoon. Level off with metal spatula.
7. Put measured flour into sifter with baking powder and salt and sift into bowl.
8. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to butter mixture in small, amounts, blending after each addition until smooth. (Use lowest speed of electric mixer, wooden spoon.) NOTE: Be careful to only blend, no more beating at this point.
9. Thoroughly wash and dry electric mixer or rotary beater and bowl. (Even a speck of butter on beater or in bowl will prevent egg whites from becoming stiff.) Beat egg whites until they stand in soft. glossy points, but not until dry.
10. With large spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold whites into batter.Continue until whites are evenly distributed.
11. Divide batter evenly among 4 pans and spread to sides with spatula. (If you have only 2 pans. see step 1.)
12. Put 2 pans on each oven rack so that one pan is not directly beneath another. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until done. Cake is done when it shrinks from sides of pan and surface springs back when presses lightly with finger.
13. Let pans stand on cake racks 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully loosen around edges with spatula. turn layers upside down on racks. Slowly peel off parchment paper, then turn right side up. Cool thoroughly.

FROSTING:

1 to 1/2 cups seedless raisins
12 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup lightly salted butter or margarine (not sweet or whipped)
1/2 cup rye or bourbon whiskey
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups shredded fresh coconut
1 1/2 cups quartered candied cherries

1. Cover raisins with hot water, let stand a few minutes, then drain and dry.
2. Put egg yolks in top part of double boiler and beat slightly with rotary beater.
3. Add sugar, salt and butter.
4. Put over simmering water and cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, butter melts and mixture is slightly thickened. DO NOT overcook or let egg yolks become scrambled in appearance. Mixture should be almost translucent.
5. Remove from heat and add whiskey.
6. Beat mixture 1 minute with rotary beater.
7. Add nuts, raisins, coconut and cherries. If double-boiler top is too small to hold all this, mix ingredients in large bowl; cool.

Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Frosting on sides may slide off. Lift with spatula and spread back on sides. Repeat if necessary.

To store: Cover with cake cover or loosely with foil or plastic wrap, tucking it under plate, and store in cool place. Stored this way, cake will keep well 1 to 2 weeks. If frozen, then vapor-proof wrapped and stored in freezer cake will keep almost indefinitely.
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/01/22 23:51:49
Rick, I thought I had Mamaws Orange Cake recipe handy as well but I think it's in a box in the attic (just moved) I'll call her tomorrow and get it.
Ranger Steve
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/08 18:29:03
I've never been good at making biscuits, and the Pillsbury ones are fine with me. As for the white gravy, there's a mix in a foil pouch, Sylvia's is the brand, I think. It works for me. As Wistah said above, avoid the Cracker Barrel version. The gravy is thick, like that white paste we used to used in grade school art projects, and tasteless, as are the biscuits. The rest of the menu is perfect. I don't know how they messed up on the biscuits and gravy.
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/09 07:14:52

John
Big_g
Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/10 12:23:15
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger Steve

As Wistah said above, avoid the Cracker Barrel version. The gravy is thick, like that white paste we used to used in grade school art projects, and tasteless, as are the biscuits.

Man is that ever a true statement....The very first time I ate at a Craker Barrel I ordered the biscuits and gravy with great excitement...it was crap. The Sawmill gravy was infact Sawdust gravy and the bisquits at Hardee's or Popeye's are lightyears ahead of Craker Barrel. I was so disapointed in the food that unless friends insist on going the one I don't eat there anymore. But, thats just me.
Big_g
Cheeseburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/10 12:24:58
As always John, great photo's and now I'm hungry for some.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/10 18:21:41
quote:
Originally posted by oDey in LA

quote:
Originally posted by backfrmIraq

Lower Alabama checkin' in....I've found that Wal Mart's frozen biscuits 20 for $2.95 are great for B/G..or jam...or butter and ribbon cane syrup, which you can still get at roadside stands around here....I usually make sausage gravy, but every once in a while I'll make a skillet of tomato gravy....got a recipe from a seasoned lady from Chunchula AL....this was definitely for someone who's gonna do some hard work after breakfast...it is very filling....I agree with the boardies that said Cracker Barrel makes terrible B/G..no flavor, miniscule bits of sausage and sorta runny...yuk...

Git yo self on down to Pensacola and have some really good biscuits and sausage & gravy. Don't forget the side of grits as well. All this of course at The Coffee Cup. Foodbme will back me up on this....

BTW thank you for your service to our Country......OD

You are absolutely Correcto Biscuit Breath. The Coffee Cup in Pensacola FL RULES!

Rick F.
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/10 19:16:24
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger Steve

As Wistah said above, avoid the Cracker Barrel version. The gravy is thick, like that white paste we used to used in grade school art projects, and tasteless, as are the biscuits.
At least that white paste actually wasn't bad: a bit minty, as I remember.
Detroittwister
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/11 11:59:04
Biscuits and gravy is one of my favorites any time of the day. If your ever in the Metro Detroit area you must try the biscuits and gravy at Mr. Brewstirs 25077 Ecorse Rd. Taylor MI 48180 313-281-1384 they have thier own flavor and is awesome. A nice little place seats arount 26 people, great service and very clean. For biscuits and gravy lovers this place is a must try.
desertdog
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/02/11 13:40:52
quote:
Originally posted by Detroittwister

Biscuits and gravy is one of my favorites any time of the day. If your ever in the Metro Detroit area you must try the biscuits and gravy at Mr. Brewstirs 25077 Ecorse Rd. Taylor MI 48180 313-281-1384 they have thier own flavor and is awesome. A nice little place seats arount 26 people, great service and very clean. For biscuits and gravy lovers this place is a must try.

Have you ever eaten anywhere else? All of your posts so far are about the same place...

I welcome you to Roadfood but would suggest you read the rules posted on the homepage, I could see where someone might think you are soliciting your own business on these forums...
SeekerLady
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/05 17:49:08
I went to a Bob Evans in Maryland and wanted to try something different one day. I was in the mood for sausage. I saw sausage and biscuits and ordered it. I was served a big, flat soup bowl of sausage gravy and 2 or 3, big, fluffy biscuits on a plate. I had more gravy than biscuits. I finished off the gravy with a soup spoon. May have been a little unorthodox, but I wanted all the gravy too...lol

Of course now I order extra biscuits and a side of sausage patties and I'm in heaven!

Seeker
chezjohn
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/05 18:09:20
B&Gs ... food of the Gods. Not only do I bake scratch buttermilk biscuits (easy peasy), I also grind up pork butts & make my own breakfast sausage rolls ... but that's neither here nor there. I'm delurkin' to talk about smoked fatties ~ y'all know what they are. Just take a 1# roll of your favorite breakfast sausage, unwrap it & put in your smoker & smoke it. I usually do a half dozen of them at a time, then freeze some of them. I digress ... take yerself a smoked fattie & crumble it up ... make yerself a roux with some bacon grease ... add milk to make your gravy (go nuts with the black pepper), then add the crumbled smoked sausage ... voila, smoked fattie gravy ... over fresh baked buttermilk biscuits ... whooooboy, now that's some mighty-fine grindin!!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/05 18:30:23
quote:
Originally posted by SeekerLady

I went to a Bob Evans in Maryland and wanted to try something different one day. I was in the mood for sausage. I saw sausage and biscuits and ordered it. I was served a big, flat soup bowl of sausage gravy and 2 or 3, big, fluffy biscuits on a plate. I had more gravy than biscuits. I finished off the gravy with a soup spoon. May have been a little unorthodox, but I wanted all the gravy too...lol

Of course now I order extra biscuits and a side of sausage patties and I'm in heaven!

Seeker

Why not just get home fries with it and smother them in the gravy?
desertdog
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/05 20:08:24
quote:
Originally posted by chezjohn

B&Gs ... food of the Gods. Not only do I bake scratch buttermilk biscuits (easy peasy), I also grind up pork butts & make my own breakfast sausage rolls ... but that's neither here nor there. I'm delurkin' to talk about smoked fatties ~ y'all know what they are. Just take a 1# roll of your favorite breakfast sausage, unwrap it & put in your smoker & smoke it. I usually do a half dozen of them at a time, then freeze some of them. I digress ... take yerself a smoked fattie & crumble it up ... make yerself a roux with some bacon grease ... add milk to make your gravy (go nuts with the black pepper), then add the crumbled smoked sausage ... voila, smoked fattie gravy ... over fresh baked buttermilk biscuits ... whooooboy, now that's some mighty-fine grindin!!

dude, I am all over that!

John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/08 13:31:04

John
desertdog
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/08 18:10:09

HAHHAHA ! Welcome back John.

NichRich
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/17 16:18:07
I could eat my weight in biscuits and gravy but I hate gravy made from a mix. Can anybody tell me of a restuarant that actually serves homemade gravy?
Barbarainnc
Hamburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/17 21:13:53
I teach Foods I, Friday my students made homemade biscuits and I made the sausage gravy. Some had to taste the gravy first before putting it on their biscuits. They said the gravy was "on point", so that meant they liked it.

Biscuits

2 1/2 c self-rising flour
2 t baking powder
1 T powdered sugar
1/2 c shortening
3/4 c buttermilk
Mix flour, baking powder,and powdered sugar. Cut in the shortening, and add the buttermilk. Stir/knead a few times. Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut into 16 biscuits. Place on an ungreased pan, bake at 450* for 10-15 minutes.

Sausage Gravy

Cook and crumble 1 pound of sausage. Add 1/4 c flour, cook a few minutes, add 2 c of whole milk. Cook until thick add salt and pepper.
If too thick, thin with a little more milk.
bowtieman
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/03/23 04:52:22
It's hard to beat biscuits and gravy homemade,lucky me I married a Tennessee hillbilly gal,she makes it right!But since we are talkin'Road food on our last trip to Tennessee we stopped off in Abeline,Tx for breakfast at a Whataburger off the freeway,had biscuits and sausage gravy,less than $2 and it was really a surprise.YUMMY!!
stridge
Hamburger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/04/11 12:53:45
One time a few years back we went to a place called Hobo's near Shoumburg IL. We knew it was going to cost an arm ang leg when the parking lot was filled with Benz's, lexis' , and I think one rolls. They had b&g made with LINK sausage for cryin' out loud. the nerve of some people
PamF
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/14 11:45:23
quote:
Originally posted by stridge

One time a few years back we went to a place called Hobo's near Shoumburg IL. We knew it was going to cost an arm ang leg when the parking lot was filled with Benz's, lexis' , and I think one rolls. They had b&g made with LINK sausage for cryin' out loud. the nerve of some people

Just goes to show ya. Rich people don't know jack about biscuits & gravy
SassyGritsAL
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 12:06:32
Made biscuits and gravy yesterday for breakfast.

I make milk gravy. I use the drippings from frying sausage and then I crumble up a large sausage patty into the drippings. I then add about 4 tablespoons of flour and take a fork and mash this into the drippings. When the flour turns a medium brown I add milk and salt and pepper. I then wisk this mixture until the gravy turns as thick as I want. This method has been a no-fail way for me for years to make gravy.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 13:17:12
Anyone else like to add a healthy shake of cayenne powder to their gravy while it's cooking?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 13:54:29
I use some pretty hot sausage, so I've never thought about adding cayenne. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 14:37:42
I use it in addition to the hot sausage. They probably don't carry it in Ohio, but Farmer John Firehouse Hot sausage in the roll makes for great sausage gravy.
Rick F.
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 15:16:41
SassyGritsAL, I make mine exactly the same way. Unless I'm using very hot sausage, I add some red pepper flakes. They're milder than cayenne, and they look more like what's usually used in hot sausage.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 15:27:29
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

I use it in addition to the hot sausage. They probably don't carry it in Ohio, but Farmer John Firehouse Hot sausage in the roll makes for great sausage gravy.

I've never seen that brand. I use either Jimmy Dean's Bold Country Hot sausage or Tennessee Pride's hot sausage.
Rick F.
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 15:48:48
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I use either Jimmy Dean's Bold Country Hot sausage or Tennessee Pride's hot sausage.
I generally avoid Jimmy Dean's (made by Sara Lee!) because it's so lean. TP is good; also Williams, made in Woodland Mills, TN, and Grogan's, Owens, & Pernell's Pride. Williams is notable because they use no sugar and therefore (maybe) theirs doesn't tend to stick to the skillet at all. There may be another Williams, so be sure you're getting the one from Woodland Mills. It's a smallish family-owned firm. Nice folks, too!
mattf311
Junior Burger
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/16 16:56:04
How about a shout out to Biscuitville? I think this is a North Carolina thing but I'm not sure. Bojangles also has some pretty good B&G.

I've spent the past year in Connecticut (I'm moving back home to Indiana in three weeks) and have made my own biscuits and gravy. I prefer to make the biscuits with lard and buttermilk. Brush the bottom and top of the biscuits with butter for that characteristic butter taste. I also put a dash of cayenne in the sausage gravy.

A question cooks and chefs like to ask each other is what would be their last meal on death row. I've always said biscuits and gravy, the way my mom used to make. Despite all the intricate meals I've had, biscuits and gravy has always been my favorite.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2007/07/19 09:11:40
I pride myself on making good biscuits and gravy,but always felt it lacked something-so I just added more salt&pepper.Thanks, guys, for the idea of using a bolder sausage or some cayenne.Thats why I love this site!!
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2014/08/31 10:42:21
An old thread but appropriately titled, so...

Recently in the Indianapolis suburb of Lawrence I had breakfast at Cafe Audrey at the Fort.  It's not a very big place but it was pouring buckets that morning (hence no outside photo) so there was only one other occupied table.

This is a half order of biscuits and gravy, which cost under $5 and came with a generous serving of potatoes as well.  I thought the gravy was excellent, with plenty of sausage and good, peppery flavor.  A couple of pieces of potato were slightly underdone by my standards (I like them tending toward the soft side) but that's just nitpicking; they were just as good as the b & g.

I wonder if a full order would've come on 2 plates.  This was a nice, filling breakfast on a crummy morning and got my day off to a good start.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2014/08/31 12:36:30
Wow....I want the full order...look at all that sausage in the gravy!!!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2014/08/31 13:03:52
Damn! All I had was a sausage biscuit.
jman
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2014/08/31 13:54:33
While my wife will occasionally eat a piece of sausage, she definitely doesn't like sausage crumbles in her gravy.  Over the last 2-3 years, I have made my gravy using bacon grease instead of sausage grease.  I'll stack my gravy up against anyone's.  I usually use Burger's thick-sliced pepper-coated original smoked bacon, but I have tried their Cajun Style for making gravy. It gives the gravy an interesting kick.
love2bake
RE: Biscuits and Gravy 2014/08/31 22:16:37
Bacon gravy sounds delicious, jman.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3