Best way to eat beef

Author Message
boyardee65
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/28/2005
  • Location: Surprise, AZ
Best way to eat beef - Wed, 07/2/08 12:03 AM
0
I really can't reply to the latest Roadfood poll as my choices were not on the poll. I LOVE rib eye steak or roast the best! Smoked, grilled, fried, slow roasted, and even as carpicciao. The best cut on the cow as far as I am concerned. JMHO
David O.

Jimeats
  • Total Posts : 3175
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/15/2005
  • Location: Ipswich Ma
RE: Best way to eat beef - Wed, 07/2/08 7:15 AM
0
I've always found the best way to eat beef was with a knife and a fork.
Best cut of beef? I'm with you on a nice rib roast.
Chow Jim

boyardee65
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/28/2005
  • Location: Surprise, AZ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Thu, 07/10/08 10:07 PM
0
Cowboy cut rib eye steak requires no fork or knife as the bone is Frenched.

David O.

GNeedles59
  • Total Posts : 594
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2008
  • Location: Union County, NJ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 8:53 AM
0
Yeah but at a restaurant I think they would prefer if you used utensils.
I am with you on the rib eye

WarToad
  • Total Posts : 1787
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 3/23/2008
  • Location: Minot, ND
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 9:03 AM
0
Ribeye has long been a favorite cut of mine as well.

deeoh01
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/9/2008
  • Location: Indy, IN
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 10:13 AM
0
Absolutely agree with rib eye being the best cut. I prefer mine bone-in, charred rare. It's so versatile though... Pat's Steaks in Philly, home of the greatest steak sandwich on earth, uses rib eye.

GNeedles59
  • Total Posts : 594
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2008
  • Location: Union County, NJ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 10:40 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by deeoh01

Absolutely agree with rib eye being the best cut. I prefer mine bone-in, charred rare. It's so versatile though... Pat's Steaks in Philly, home of the greatest steak sandwich on earth, uses rib eye.


because this is the sandwich forum... I will counter your Pat's with Tony Luke's!

deeoh01
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 4/9/2008
  • Location: Indy, IN
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 10:44 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by GNeedles59

quote:
Originally posted by deeoh01

Absolutely agree with rib eye being the best cut. I prefer mine bone-in, charred rare. It's so versatile though... Pat's Steaks in Philly, home of the greatest steak sandwich on earth, uses rib eye.


because this is the sandwich forum... I will counter your Pat's with Tony Luke's!


I was waiting for someone from Philly to chime in with their opinion, but I suppose you're probably close enough to have your Philly favorite!

GNeedles59
  • Total Posts : 594
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 5/20/2008
  • Location: Union County, NJ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Fri, 07/11/08 10:50 AM
0
quote:
Originally posted by deeoh01

quote:
Originally posted by GNeedles59

quote:
Originally posted by deeoh01

Absolutely agree with rib eye being the best cut. I prefer mine bone-in, charred rare. It's so versatile though... Pat's Steaks in Philly, home of the greatest steak sandwich on earth, uses rib eye.


because this is the sandwich forum... I will counter your Pat's with Tony Luke's!


I was waiting for someone from Philly to chime in with their opinion, but I suppose you're probably close enough to have your Philly favorite!


Yeah I go there quite often, I have a lot of friends down there. I will be there this weekend for the Motley Crue show, gonna eat gooooooood

boyardee65
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 8/28/2005
  • Location: Surprise, AZ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Sat, 07/12/08 12:32 AM
0
Philly with onions and peppers "wit." NO MUSHROOMS!!!!! JMHO

David O.

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9552
  • Reward points : 0
  • Joined: 9/1/2006
  • Location: Gilbert, AZ
RE: Best way to eat beef - Sat, 07/12/08 12:58 AM
0
Because this is the sandwich forum, Brisket in any form, corned beef, pastrami, bbq or roasted, sliced very very thin, on Jewish Seeded Rye with horseradish and dark grained mustard- a good sliced cheese optional.