The Fort

Double-chop Porterhouse
2008/07/27 20:58:40
Wow, WJ, the stuff you shot at The Fort looks fantastic. The empanadas and the stuffed jalapenos -- terrific.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 08:09:14
WJ, you did a really nice job on the review for The Fort. It has been several years since I have been there, but it definitely deserves to be here on Roadfood. Thanks!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 10:25:50
Thanks BB and Mr Hoffman

The Fort has been in quite a few of the roadfood books (prior the to the forum of course) and I was also surprised that it was never added.

TTM deserves all the credit for the photos of the Buffalo Empanadas as well as the Buffalo Strip Steak.

BTW There will be a few new reviews coming in the not too far away future
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 10:53:40
Ditto to what was said above, wj. I know that it is silly to assume too much from a photo, but those empanadas look great.

When I read your road trip report, I thought to myself, "Hmmm, there ought to be a formal review of this place."

Good work.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 10:55:52
The empanadas were wonderful. I don't recall if I offered one to WJ to try or if I kept them all for myself!

Excellent write-up, sir. I think you captured the essence of the place quite well. I am curious to know how long it takes before someone laments "all these reviews" about The Fort (a la Harold's in NJ).
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 16:45:51
I would love to know the recipe for those empanadas. They do look yummy.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: The Fort 2008/07/28 16:50:24
quote:
Originally posted by The Travelin Man

The empanadas were wonderful. I don't recall if I offered one to WJ to try or if I kept them all for myself!

Excellent write-up, sir. I think you captured the essence of the place quite well. I am curious to know how long it takes before someone laments "all these reviews" about The Fort (a la Harold's in NJ).

Thank you,

I did have a taste of those empanadas but my senses were in complete overload from the Peanut Butter Stuffled Jalapenos which if I recall you graciously declined