Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation

meowzart
  • Total Posts : 773
  • Reward points : 0
Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation - Wed, 10/29/03 9:03 AM
One of my favorite cookbooks is the Sterns' Chili Nation. We love to try the recipes during the long cold winter months. Nothing like a pot of spicy chili to warm you up. After cooking our way through the book, my husband and I have decided that the Havana Moon Chili (from Florida) is our favorite. It is so unique and tastes so, so good. When I take leftovers to work and zap them in the microwave, tons of people always ask me what I am eating it smells so good. The smell certainly gets us salivating.

Do you have a favorite from the book?

Meowzart

Poverty Pete
  • Total Posts : 2266
RE: Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation - Wed, 10/29/03 5:50 PM
I used a modified version of the Arizona recipe to win a chili cookoff a few years ago in Las Vegas.

Julia I
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation - Fri, 10/31/03 10:58 AM
I loved the Cornish Miner Chili Pasties from Michigan, although as written they are larger servings than I prefer to eat. (I made them half as big as recommended the second time.)

The recipe that I would like to try and haven't so far is the Church Supper Chili Mac and Cheese from Nebraska. The concept is great, but I think I'll wait until the middle of winter for this one.

As for the Havana Moon chili, I've made picadillo lots of times. I'll have to try the recipe.

DaveM
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation - Fri, 10/31/03 11:50 AM
Mine is the Vermont Maple Chili recipe which uses maple pepper and real maple syrup.
DaveM

Slim Strummer
  • Total Posts : 233
RE: Favorite Recipe from the Sterns' Chili Nation - Mon, 07/28/08 12:02 PM
I love this book. Capital Punishment is the winner for me, with the Homage to Hershey Chocolate Chili and the American Chope suey tied for 2nd.